Community Team NINJA Halloween Costume Contest

WisperG

I literally just answered that not more than 10 posts ago.
Whoops, not sure how I missed that. I thought I read every post on the last page :confused:

EDIT:
Ok, here's my 2nd WIP. Haven't added all the spikes yet, but I have pretty much locked down the pant and chest wrap designs.

20140705_2010091_zpsdd63ed64.jpg

(Not sure why that came out sideways. I thought I rotated the picture before uploading it :confused:)

Should I go with gray/greenish skin tone like Tengu's old costume had?
DOA2_Tengu_C2.png

Last edited:

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Should I go with gray/greenish skin tone like Tengu's old costume had?

He looked more blue/grey than green/grey.

Tengu C2.jpg

And I'm thinking it would probably be better not to do that for her. It worked for Bankotsubo because he was menacing, but Nyotengu looks too human, so it might be weird.

I like your design so far though. Hope you get it out before the deadline.

So far, until yours is done, we only have two Nyotengu designs (that I've seen anyway) and Brute's is the better one. We need more tengu goodness. I don't give a damn about anyone else.

So for Lei I did;

w5Qnojy.jpg

I was also kind of conflicted between two of the colors I thought of and proposed a possible palette change in place of the hair option.

Likeable? Or should I just drop the second one? It kind of just looks like a sketch, but I thought white would look great on Lei

XFeyRcz.jpg

Last edited:

RoboJoe

I think a Sun Wukong outfit would fit Jann-Lee better.

Also, I really like that skull Nyotengu outfit someone posted earlier. Except for that fan. I think it should have been changed to some sort of talisman or something.

Argentus

Good luck.

Okay I redrew it a last time.

If there is any last input anyone would like to suggest before I color this, please give it now. Its 850 pm and I am going to start coloring to ten even though all I have is a 24 pack of crayola pencils....

Or if anyone would like to digitally color this from the line art for me.....

10431330_1465418323708558_1374818286395144609_o.jpg

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor

If there is any last input anyone would like to suggest before I color this, please give it now. Its 850 pm and I am going to start coloring to ten even though all I have is a 24 pack of crayola pencils....

Hm...can the jacket and jeans be in black? Looks good by the way :)

Tyaren

Standard Donor

I think, it's cool like that! If you need help getting the brightness, contrast and colors right, like last time, just tell me. :) But I can't promise now, that I'll be here or have the time.

Argentus

Hm...can the jacket and jeans be in black? Looks good by the way :)
I was thinking a real deep ink blue, so bits essentially black that shows blue highlights.

Like how Venom is sometimes colored.
Edward_Brock_(Earth-20051).jpg

Venom.jpg

I wanted to go with the blue and white color scheme I used last time, but I figured I better not....

Argentus

Looks like someone stole your thunder, @Argentus.

Br1MZEaIcAA9Z6l.jpg
My own fault for posting on here and Facebook.

Bu

A). I made the effort to tone it back from looking like Jotaro.

And
B). Fuck em, they put it on what looks like momiji. Wrong character for that outfit

Plus

C) they didn't do the "hanging off the shoulders" coat cape thing like I did.

I'm still making it for Mila. Otherwise just resubmit last times design.

Although....maybe I should go back to a white coat and pants combo to differentiate it?

Last edited:

Tirahrr

I'm on the verge of giving up after spending what feels like two hours trying to get the shoes to look the way I want them too. T_____T

I feel like I'm never going to finish in time at this rate.

EDIT: May as well show my work in progress ...
140706 momiji wip.png

There is tails, haven't gotten around to properly drawing them yet, so they sketchy version is hidden for now. And please ignore my lazy excuse for a hand.

Last edited:

Argentus

Had an incident with neighbor deciding to shoot more fireworks.

Anyways

1). Oh my god I wish I had Photoshop. Crayola pencils suck for this

2). I just have to blanket everything in either
White
Or
Black

Can't decide. Black would look good but maybe too close to that momiji.
White could work, but maybe too dull with the white. Bandages and such. But im going with blue highlights either way. And silver buckles

10387041_1465578280359229_8854427711086274279_o.jpg

Thoughts please. I'm near passing out, need to get this done.

Not even sure how I'm gonna color the text...

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD