Team Ninja shares additional details on the next Dead or Alive 5 patch

Team Ninja.jpg

While a solid roll out date still hasn't been nailed down for the next upcoming Dead or Alive 5 patch, director Yohei Shimbori was kind enough to share a few tweets on some additional features that we'll see, noting that the next patch will be a major update.

One of the cool additions Shimbori mentioned is that we'll be seeing the popular demand to save replays of lobby matches, along with the ability to now kick unwanted players from your lobby as well.

Here are the additional patch details from Shimbori:

[D-YS] I was able to check some stuff about the next patch this week, so I'll tweet a little bit about it.

[D-YS] First off, you will now be able to save replays of lobby matches.

[D-YS] A lot of people were asking for that feature, so we worked hard to put it in.

[D-YS] Also, the host of a lobby match will now be able to kick a waiting player out of a lobby, even while they're watching a match.

[D-YS] Also, you'll be able to search for lobbies by connection quality.

[D-YS] There are lots of other improvements and additions too. The next patch is going to be a major update.

[D-YS] I'll fill you in on more details as soon as I can confirm them myself (including the patch release date...)

Update for December 29th
[D-YS] The next patch is named "Ver.1.03". The name might be boring, but it has a lot of new features.

[D-YS] One of those features is uploading movies of replays.

[D-YS] I tested it by uploading a movie to YouTube.

[D-YS] Ver.1.03 will allow uploads to both YouTube and Facebook.

[D-YS] Facebook uploads are available to both Xbox 360 and PS3. YouTube uploads can only be performed from a PS3.

[D-YS] So now, even people without video capture equipment can upload fight videos.

[D-YS] Fighters from around the world can now watch others' fights.

[D-YS] And did you catch some of the little tweaks to the fighting game itself?

[D-YS] Now that we have this feature, maybe I'll upload another movie soon...

Update for January 10th
[D-YS] Happy new year!

[D-YS] I'm starting the year off with another upload of Ver.1.03 footage. This time to YouTube. #DOA5

[D-YS] This time, we have La Mariposa vs. Hayate, and I'm sure you'll notice changes in this fight too. #DOA5

[D-YS] We haven't practiced the new moves enough to use them well, but... #DOA5

[D-YS] I'm sure all of you will show us what these moves can do! (video uploads ftw) #DOA5

[D-YS] There are lots of new features in Ver.1.03 for all players, not just hard-core fans. We'll post the full list of changes soon! #DOA5

Update for January 17th

Ver.1.03 Update Details.

Release Dates:

PS3: January 22nd, 2013

Xbox 360: January 29th, 2013

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116a.html

http://teamninja-studio.com/doa5/us/patch/0116b.html

If only that "record lobby match" feature was out earlier. There were a lot of matches I'd have loved to record, including one today where I got my first 30 hit combo

How about fixing the buffer system?
We'd have to scream in Team Ninja's ear with a megaphone to get that fix patched in, but the lobby replay save feature is an awesome addition. So many good fights left to rot in the depths of time and space without being properly preserved D:

But yeah, that buffer system needs some tweaks.

How about fixing the buffer system?

I don't get why people have a problem with the current buffering system. I lost power last night so was playing DoAD out of boredom and good God was that buffering system open way too long. I personally think the buffering in DoA5 is pretty good. I've had less input errors in DoA5 than DoA3,4, and DoAD combined.

I don't get why people have a problem with the current buffering system. I lost power last night so was playing DoAD out of boredom and good God was that buffering system open way too long. I personally think the buffering in DoA5 is pretty good. I've had less input errors in DoA5 than DoA3,4, and DoAD combined.
Probably because you're playing the 360 version since it doesn't have that gay ass 1 frame delay. But if the buffer system is pretty "good"
How come Hitomi's :3::3::P:, Kasumi's :3::3::K:, Akira's :4::6::F::+::P: & Ryu's :3::3::P: won't come out properly & apparently, even Doug (who is a 360 owner) having trouble pulling off
some of the characters moves.

Edit: I've gotting use to it, so it's difficult going back into playing DOA2, 3 & DOAD (awful game) but the buffer system is still bad & it's still have the same issue thats been in the series since DOA2 which is input shortcuts
normal input=:2::3::6::P: shortcut=:2::6::P:

The buffer system is much worse on PS3 compared to 360. I still have some issues with 360 version(:3::3::P: with Helena sometimes). But it's not nearly as bad as on PS3.

The buffer system is much worse on PS3 compared to 360. I still have some issues with 360 version(:3::3::P: with Helena sometimes). But it's not nearly as bad as on PS3.
Wait until the Vita version comes out. I bet Its going to be way superior than the PS3 version (control wise) but we'll see lol.

There isn't any problem with Helena's :3::3::P: coming out (I'm guessing you're getting :3::P: instead), you just have to get the timing just right. I screw it up sometimes but it's just because I begin buffering it too soon.

Extending the buffer window would make it easier to execute in combo's with tighter string timing but some would argue that it's better that inputs require more skill to do. Doesn't really bother me either way though, if they made it easier to time I wouldn't mind but I'm just as happy working on my execution skills.

There isn't any problem with Helena's :3::3::P: coming out (I'm guessing you're getting :3::P: instead), you just have to get the timing just right. I screw it up sometimes but it's just because I begin buffering it too soon.

I don't think it's that at all considering I do it with the same timing each time. It just reads :3::P: for me instead of :3::3::P:. The command buffering is more strict so it wants you to be more on with the command. It's like how you can't really do Izuna doing random motions like you used to be able to. It's because the commands are more strict. Even in past DOA games I never had issues doing :3::3::P: with Helena like I do now. It's not as much a issue on 360 as on PS3 like I said before.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD