Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's pretty good to see people fighting against the gimmicks. Most have been fighting against it for a good while now, and for good reason. Never ever be a sheep to a company no matter who it is, especially any season passes with a ???? after every bits like it's a lottery. Wish it was done way sooner. Especially since I was hoping a similar situation would of happened regarding it's neutral sidestep for improvements and the implementation to a universal throwbreak system on guarding/neutral state that a lot of the competitive players wanted for a cleaner visual game (especially at events dear lord), because nothing would be more hype to see two individuals breaking throws left and right and leaving people in suspension on who's going to win. I promoted the hell out of DOA5 and DOA5U and convinced a shit ton of people to try the game. Now? I tell people don't even try it and I feel good doing so lol. (Except for DOA2/DOA3/DOA5 and its upgrades of course, still tell people to try those games).

If KT actually manages to listen to the positive changes, I will take back everything I said and I'll be a "temporary" sheep until they fuck up again of course.

Leifang

As much as I love DOA6. I will NOT support the hair color robbery. I’m glad I didn’t spend a single dollar on it. I feel bad for all those who got scammed. Hopefully with this backlash TeamNinja will make them unlock able with game coins. It makes no sense to pay for each color. I tried so hard to be supportive. But not today. They’re killing our game with too many Micro-transaction. This breaks my heart.
D4746E22-20B9-443D-8EFE-616A9838F443.gif

Loop

I think the reality is much simpler and unexciting. They are testing the waters with what they can get away with. They got away with so much in the past, people defended them all the time, just as recently as yesterday in this forum, so they think they can go a step farther each time. If enough people will actually be buying into this hair color scam, and on social media I saw already plenty proudly uploading pics of their fave character with their fave new hair color, they won't care about a little, shortlived outrage. Be afraid of what they cook up next time.

Welcome to the forum. :) Unfortunately you are coming to such an unfortunate time. DOA and the overall mood in here wasn't always like this. Some years ago there was actually a lot of excitement and positivity, especially around the releases of DOA5U and DOA5LR.

09e.gif

One thing I want to say though. It's not the developer, Team Ninja, who is doing this to fans. It's the higher ups at Koei Tecmo. They come up with these schemes and they force the developer to implement them. I actually feel sory for Team Ninja employees. Especially the ones that have to deal with the justifiably angry fans afterwards.

Cheers for the welcome. Yeah, I do think Koei Tecmo is actually to blame here. I never thought I'd see the day where a company would outcompete EA in scummy practices.

I used to keep an eye on the forums when DoA 5 released for a few months. Twas a good time!

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team

SaihateDYNAMO

Well of course! I am too, I can't make these things up!

People naturally show genuine hatred when they are treated like trash.
Damn when you see people respond like THIS, how in heaven's name is TN going to bounce back?

Actually... they probably won't. This further solidifies the idea of DOA6 being an organized effort at killing this series because there's no way they couldn't have foreseen this reaction from fans. If there's one thing whales can't stand it's being outright scammed so this is what they get for trying people's patience with their greed.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
WAIT WAIT except Nioh 2 LOL, if you cancel Nioh 2 you getting de HANDS:ninja::ninja::ninja::ninja: Leave Nioh 2 outta this! it's just trying to live!

But to be fair, Nioh 2 is pretty good though. This isn't an affinity for bias towards it, it's actually pretty well done by TN. If you have to cancel a better game to vent your frustration over something that's on KT matters then that is a bit of a stretch. Generally would make sense if it was another poorly upcoming game, but Nioh 2 actually did deserve it. If anything, you should rub it on KT's end like "Maybe you should treat your games like Nioh 2 next time. Good quality".

I'm pretty glad I don't care about other KT properties and certainly not Nioh right now.

Interesting. Does that include DOA6?

Last edited:

Dionysus

"other" KT properties, as in specifically the ones outside DOA. I don't like Atelier after trying Sophie, I hate soulslikes so Nioh is a no-go, and I'm not too enthused about musou games. If Gust did another BR game I would be interested but just watch a playthrough lol. I did like Toukiden but there's nothing new for it.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
"other" KT properties, as in specifically the ones outside DOA. I don't like Atelier after trying Sophie, I hate soulslikes so Nioh is a no-go, and I'm not too enthused about musou games. If Gust did another BR game I would be interested but just watch a playthrough lol. I did like Toukiden but there's nothing new for it.

I believe it. Majority of those games are heavily low tier with except the Musou games but those can vary. GUST in it's entirety is low tier and it's only just now they updated their in-game texts for their games since their first few games were all cheaply made from the videos I've seen.

inochinagi

Standard Donor
My boycotting only goes as far as DOA6's DLC. I haven't bought much so far anyways, but I'm not buying any more of it until I see some changes. I'm still gonna play and get online when I can. I don't want them to think it's better to just abandon the series if they can't be douchbags with it. I want them to know a fanbase is there that wants a better game if they provide it. If anyone thinks I'm not going far enough, I'm open to some reasoning as to why.

That said, I don't think there were any other KT games I really wanted anyways. I was thinking of trying Atelier Ryza but its success has actually catapulted the price online, lol. I also really want to get into Nioh since I'm late to that game. I still need to play the first one. But I can wait until this is over (I've waited this long, so...)

mizking

Seeing actual comments in the Twitter thread asking to buy more breast physics options with tickets and I'm
jJmiG2h.gif

Enjoy your fuckboy tax. R.I.P. in pepperonis.
While I'm not the biggest fan of the physics there's no way in hell I'll be paying for change in bodily movement wtf

TN Should probably save face and remove the game from their online stores at this point lol

P2p1mbs

Nobody is even talking about Tamaki. I like this. TN deserves it and everyone knows it at this point.

Maybe they thought announcing her at the same time would distract people?

I paid attention to her announcement and the reaction but I can't look past the hair scandal. I'm seriously considering uninstalling my game due to how upsetting this all is :(

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD