Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I want to be positive along with you guys but are DOA and NG really that good that MS, or whoever's in charge, will allocate resources to promote or fund them? I just can't imagine a game like DOA being shown off as a major player along side the like of Halo or whatever is popular on the Xbox side.
I mean yeah, Itagaki actually had DOA and NG as exclusive games on the Xbox consoles because he hated Sony since he felt it held back DOA in certain areas, he felt the Xbox Microsoft made was stronger hardware iirc. If they do side with DOA that means that the extra resources and funding could help make their next release much stronger but idk, if they make DOA an exclusive on one console it may turn off alot of people since a good majority play on PS4 and PC. SFV did that with their game but it made better sense since the PS4 was more popular at the time.

Seigen

If MS buys TN and the DOA IP, you'd see DOA on XBOX and PC, you even have the Game Pass on PC. MS is not interested in selling consoles, but software and services; they lose money on console sales anyway. If you already have the hardware (like PC) you're good to go in MS eyes.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Exclusives are need to make systems seem more exclusive and stirs competition. As most of you know I'm NO Sony fanboy - TBH compared to PS1-PS3 I thought PS4 was a bad dream. Games got censored, remasters were the prominent releases... Spider-Man; Naughty Dog... Just yuck. I'm ready to go back to XBOX. Just need a few exclusives to do so.

Jotamide

Broke: I want MS to buy KT and make DOA7 an exclusive

Woke: I want MS to buy KT and have DOAU/3/4 available on backwards compatibility

Bespoke: I want MS to buy KT and give a DOA6U/DOA7 rollback netcode and crossplay with Series X and PC, like they did with Killer Instinct

Onryoki

Standard Donor
DOA maybe will turn out stronger on Xbox, but I don’t think the game being exclusive for Xbox would do the game any good. Especially in today’s age when it comes to fighters. It would be a huge letdown for fans that they can’t play DOA because they don’t own a Xbox.

I doubt anybody would buy an entire system, just for DOA. Personally I wouldn’t do it because I don’t think it’s worth gettin an entire system, simply for one game. I think MS supporting DOA is a good thing, let’s hope MS is also smart enough to not make the game exclusive because it will do the game more harm than good.

human013

I mean yeah, Itagaki actually had DOA and NG as exclusive games on the Xbox consoles because he hated Sony since he felt it held back DOA in certain areas, he felt the Xbox Microsoft made was stronger hardware iirc. If they do side with DOA that means that the extra resources and funding could help make their next release much stronger but idk, if they make DOA an exclusive on one console it may turn off alot of people since a good majority play on PS4 and PC. SFV did that with their game but it made better sense since the PS4 was more popular at the time.
Yeah, but that was back then. Is DOA, with everything attached to it today, such a money maker in their eyes that they are willing to divert resources to fund a DOA game?

Ninoasker

Yeah, but that was back then. Is DOA, with everything attached to it today, such a money maker in their eyes that they are willing to divert resources to fund a DOA game?
I think that, if this was back in the DOA5 era, then yes. Considering how much cash the DLC made in 5, it probably was seen as a gold mine. Post-DOA6 however, with so many controversies and the game & its DLC flopping? Not even close.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
Realistically Microsoft would likely support a remastered/remake of DOA3/DOA2U/DOA4 to "test" the waters of the DOA franchise. If DOA is done right, it has the potential to sell decently. DOA5 (before DOA5U/DOA5LR to an extent) and DOA6 weren't exactly "done right" with regards to the spirit of DOA. Compared to DOA4 (sans "competitive" mechanics), DOA5 & DOA6 pale in comparison in terms of presentation.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I mean yeah. DOA6 makes a lot with their dlc and I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't mind backing them as long as they get a cut. Just because some fans don't like a certain game doesn't mean it's suddenly not going to get offers like that. Mortal Kombat actually had it's Midway thing file for bankruptcy when MK was starting to lose popularity but they joined the Warner Bros thing and made netherrealm studios and now they can make higher quality games since WB took a chance on them

Plus KT also has Nioh and Nioh 2 that did very well too, I think that's why they're being offered it TBH, even if DOA6 isn't really that popular atm KT is still good since they have Nioh

Last edited:

GreatDarkHero

This is frame advantage
Premium Donor
Realistically Microsoft would likely support a remastered/remake of DOA3/DOA2U/DOA4 to "test" the waters of the DOA franchise. If DOA is done right, it has the potential to sell decently. DOA5 (before DOA5U/DOA5LR to an extent) and DOA6 weren't exactly "done right" with regards to the spirit of DOA. Compared to DOA4 (sans "competitive" mechanics), DOA5 & DOA6 pale in comparison in terms of presentation.
Something of this equivalent *would* be logical. Even if it also should generate more interest in DOA7 if they should get a hold of the franchise.

human013

I mean yeah. DOA6 makes a lot with their dlc and I'm sure Microsoft wouldn't mind backing them as long as they get a cut. Just because some fans don't like a certain game doesn't mean it's suddenly not going to get offers like that. Mortal Kombat actually had it's Midway thing file for bankruptcy when MK was starting to lose popularity but they joined the Warner Bros thing and made netherrealm studios and now they can make higher quality games since WB took a chance on them

Plus KT also has Nioh and Nioh 2 that did very well too, I think that's why they're being offered it TBH, even if DOA6 isn't really that popular atm KT is still good since they have Nioh
I just don't see it. DOA has too many things bringing it down and seems more likely to hurt Xbox's image than help it. If DOA was a relatively unknown/ neutral game and Xbox wanted to make it a main game for the console then that's understandable. But, DOA is starting from a negative. They would need to somehow get rid of all the issues and worries people have first, and that takes resources. I would love to be proven wrong though. I want to see this hidden potential DOA supposedly has.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I just don't see it. DOA has too many things bringing it down and seems more likely to hurt Xbox's image than help it. If DOA was a relatively unknown/ neutral game and Xbox wanted to make it a main game for the console then that's understandable. But, DOA is starting from a negative. They would need to somehow get rid of all the issues and worries people have first, and that takes resources. I would love to be proven wrong though. I want to see this hidden potential DOA supposedly has.
You're thinking too narrow about it TBH, KT possibly getting this from Microsoft doesn't mean they're gonna focus on DOA, KT has other games besides DOA. If anything they'll probably use Nioh as the main focus and they can use what they get from that to help DOA, I don't think they'll make DOA exclusive to a console tho, I feel they'd rather choose Nioh since that game has been widely popular since the first game.

human013

You're thinking too narrow about it TBH, KT possibly getting this from Microsoft doesn't mean they're gonna focus on DOA, KT has other games besides DOA. If anything they'll probably use Nioh as the main focus and they can use what they get from that to help DOA, I don't think they'll make DOA exclusive to a console tho, I feel they'd rather choose Nioh since that game has been widely popular since the first game.
I'm just saying it seems unlikely that Xbox/ Microsoft will focus on/ want DOA specifically, treat it as a main game for its console, or give funding specifically for DOA. Nioh is a different story. It's in a better position than DOA.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
Phil Spencer spoke up about it... a little.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor

Actually, DOA is an interesting example of a game that could boost Xbox's image because you don't really get niche Japanese games like this on Xbox, but you can find niche JP games on Playstation or Nintendo in droves. Xbox seriously needs to reduce its "dudebro" image. If DOA could fix its image (i.e. don't jam season passes down consumers throats), it definitely has the potential to become a niche hit with proper backing. Any Microsoft support towards DOA would only be a plus in my book.

@KasumiLover Nioh's in a weird spot since it's published by Sony on top of KT.

human013

Actually, DOA is an interesting example of a game that could boost Xbox's image because you don't really get niche Japanese games like this on Xbox, but you can find niche JP games on Playstation or Nintendo in droves. Xbox seriously needs to reduce its "dudebro" image. If DOA could fix its image (i.e. don't jam season passes down consumers throats), it definitely has the potential to become a niche hit with proper backing. Any Microsoft support towards DOA would only be a plus in my book.
If they ignore DOA's image, all its negative press, and the stigma surrounding DOA then sure. I just find that reeaally hard to believe they will ignore all that. If they do happen to support DOA then they really are something else to be able to see this pearl within DOA that is worth polishing even with all the trash around it. Supporting a game like Virtua Fighter would make more sense since it doesn't have excess baggage they need to deal with first.

I don't even care who supports DOA. If they can help make a good DOA game then I'm all for it. I'll even buy whatever console it is exclusive to. Although, I wouldn't buy the game on day 1. I'll buy it if it turns out to be good a year later.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
You must have some true dedication if you’re willing to buy an entire console just for DOA. Making a fighter console exclusive again, will do DOA more harm than good, especially since majority of DOA’s playerbase is on PS4 and PC.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD