Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

TheTHCGamer

I wonder how small the team is that is currently working on the game post launch. Watch there be like 5 people currently working on DoA6 but that's fighting game budgets for you unless you're NRS/WB.

Jyu_Viole_Grace

Basically like Guilty Gear Xrd's system where multiple fights can occur simultaneously without having to wait.

And ASW started implementing this back in ... BlazBlue Chrono Phantasma?, I don't remember if they implemented it in Continuum Shift but I'm playing multi matches in ASW games since at least 2013 ... and these games didn't even had a fraction of DOA 6 budget.

Chaos

20190410_202333-1040x780.jpg
Well well well lobby match is now available. Goodbye Ranked match! ヾ(⌐■_■)ノ

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Apparently DOA6 has a modding workshop (?). If this is true, i'm legit surprised TN was alright with this lol: https://steamcommunity.com/app/838380

Workshop.PNG

For anyone not familiar with the modding workshop. Final Fantasy 15 has this feature where Square Enix gave the ok to mod the game and even provided their own resources for FFXV.

KwonJigglypuff

Apparently DOA6 has a modding workshop (?). If this is true, i'm legit surprised TN was alright with this lol: https://steamcommunity.com/app/838380

View attachment 28333

For anyone not familiar with the modding workshop. Final Fantasy 15 has this feature where Square Enix gave the ok to mod the game and even provided their own resources for FFXV.

That is weird.
DLCs can either provide ressources for the modders, or mods can kill TN's DLCs for Steam. A double-edged decision.

KwonJigglypuff

First of all, additional costumes for a fee are popular since continuing from "DOA 5" and will be prepared in the future. Another consideration is the use of owner points (coins that can be acquired by playing the game), which are eventually gathered too much for use. We are considering including what kind of costumes we can prepare and whether we can add completely new applications.

> Maybe it's a bad translation, but this could mean we will get free legacy costumes and free new modes to compensate for the bad publicity DOA6 had during its launch : tag team, team battle, and hopefully the cut cutscenes as well...

We have not announced that we will release Season Pass Vol.2 yet, but we are expecting you as it is labeled as Vol.1. ... There are plans for season passes, and new season passes will add characters expected by Team NINJA fans.

> Leon or Gen Fu in then next season pass ? Please!

There is a space in the lower part of the lobby screen that is likely to contain a chat window, but it's under development. The function of giving a room name is also in preparation for implementation. The part where such a user can input a letter is tighter than usual check, but I will do my best to deliver as soon as possible.

> Text chat and room name are nice. Multi-matches is also in work, that's cool!

First of all, as before, we will listen to the user's voice while improving inconvenient points and adjusting the character's performance. Among them, what is urgently needed is the response to the voice that "side attack is too convenient." There are pros and cons for side attack, and statistically it is appreciated and accepted by beginners and Western users, but there are a lot of opinions from users who do not, so the balance is the best. There may be so-called "weakening" in the adjustment, but we plan to adjust the excess parts while leaving or extending the character's goodness. "Weakening" is a simple adjustment, and it is not an interesting adjustment for users who are attracted to the strong part, so we should be careful.

> Side-step attacks shouldn't simply be weakened but characters' tools should also be improved to compensate... i like that philosophy!

It will be a long-running title, including updates and competitions, so please play plenty. Thank you for supporting this work from now on.

> Hopefully. At least Shimbori admitted in this interview that the communication was shit and the various glitches (costume patterns, lobbies) did not help. But the +500,000 downloads for Core Fighters is satisfying. Now they have to convert it with cool updates and appreciation of their fans.

Last edited:

Jyu_Viole_Grace

New Shimbori interview translated:

-He is no longer the director of the game, the director is now another "reliable Team Ninja member". Right now he's only the producer.

-The game reception is mixed and they want to listen to people feedback.

-They are thinking adding free content in the future, like costumes or other features.

-More season pases with popular characters. They want to support the game for a long time.

-They wanted to release Core Fighters the same day as the full game but they couldn't do it due some issues but they also admit they didn't clarify they wanted to release Core Fighters so soon so they are thinking in a way to compensate early buyers of the full version, like giving us more player coins.

-They talk about text chat for lobbies in future updates and letting you giving a name to your room.

-The most urgent thing for them right now is tweaking side-attacks since they recieved a lot complaints.

-Shimbori thanks players for supporting the game. He admits that some times the team goals and fans whises weren't meet and comunication wasn't adderesed properly but they are open to feedback and they will use it to grow the game.

Source: https://twinfinite.net/2019/04/dead-or-alive-6-future/

Raansu

Damn, Shimbori got demoted lol.

Side step attacks first and foremost need to lose their pushback on block and be a real universal -15 move. This crap with having to throw punish with different throws depending on the character on a mechanic that is always -15 is just dumb (or in Rigs case you pretty much cannot throw punish it at all). Fix that and make it so everyone can be hit with a 12i throw after having their SSA blocked and then they can worry about tweaking anything else with SSA.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD