Team NINJA Social Media Updates for DOA6

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Poison is a woman, but I believe Seth is gender binary, no? That would not fit either option. Way to try and reframe your bigotry tho. ;P

CFW

Poison is a woman, but I believe Seth is gender binary, no? That would not fit either option. Way to try and reframe your bigotry tho. ;P

I understand what you're trying to say with this, but trans women are women and trans men are men and whether this is about a real person or character, them being trans shouldn't have them categorized as "other". It's a bit hurtful.

Ninoasker

I'm not the one putting trans people into a 3rd gender category, luv.
14510101723b637704b52fe1fc994c26.jpg

Onryoki

Standard Donor
I understand what you're trying to say with this, but trans women are women and trans men are men and whether this is about a real person or character, them being trans shouldn't have them categorized as "other". It's a bit hurtful.
idk why they need the “trans” label to show diversity. I honestly don’t see trans men and women any differently than cis men and women. How would a “trans character” look like anyway? They’d fit in with the male or female cast regardless and people wouldn’t even notice.

Ninoasker

Team Ninja had better say trans rights soon. The poll, of course, was cringeworthy as usual from the twitter account.
Tbfh I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say it. But not only the English account, the Japanese one is too, considering the replies they've done to other games like Smash with the whole Mai thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same CM.

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
Tbfh I'm surprised it took this long for someone to say it. But not only the English account, the Japanese one is too, considering the replies they've done to other games like Smash with the whole Mai thing. I wouldn't be surprised if it's the same CM.
Haven't really been keeping up with the TN news but have they gone on the record with any politically charged stuff like that recently? It would seem the better business plan would be to remain completely uncharged so their product is neutral and appeals to the broadest audience.

Ninoasker

Haven't really been keeping up with the TN news but have they gone on the record with any politically charged stuff like that recently? It would seem the better business plan would be to remain completely uncharged so their product is neutral and appeals to the broadest audience.
They made a poll saying whether we do prefer male or female fighters even though they only market female ones and as such, clearly they knew what was gonna win. This felt like they just doing this to have a valid justification in case that, in the future, they need something to excuse their treat with the male characters.
They don't make more male DLC? "You guys prefer females!".
They suddenly bomb every male character out of the game and turn DOA into a world where only women exist? "We had a poll and this was what you guys voted!".
And so on and so forth. Considering what they did with DOAX3 and how they used a poll for this, it could end up happening.

Also, it doesn't help that the poll's replies brought a big ass shitstorm from part of "that" side of the fanbase, bringing disgusting comments about the females (le tiddy, le booty, le we don't want sausage!), how they would be fine with no male characters in the game & just being disgusting overall. Kinda ironic for a game that was supposed to mark a before and after to DOA and becoming a more serious entry lul

NewWestFan

Premium Donor
They made a poll saying whether we do prefer male or female fighters even though they only market female ones and as such, clearly they knew what was gonna win. This felt like they just doing this to have a valid justification in case that, in the future, they need something to excuse their treat with the male characters.
They don't make more male DLC? "You guys prefer females!".
They suddenly bomb every male character out of the game and turn DOA into a world where only women exist? "We had a poll and this was what you guys voted!".
And so on and so forth. Considering what they did with DOAX3 and how they used a poll for this, it could end up happening.

Also, it doesn't help that the poll's replies brought a big ass shitstorm from part of "that" side of the fanbase, bringing disgusting comments about the females (le tiddy, le booty, le we don't want sausage!), how they would be fine with no male characters in the game & just being disgusting overall. Kinda ironic for a game that was supposed to mark a before and after to DOA and becoming a more serious entry lul
Thank you for updating me. That's very unfortunate and I agree super cringe. They didnt need to take a poll like that TN KT and everyone under the sun is more than already aware of what the majority of the DOA fanbase is after. That they felt the need to push out something like that speaks to the bleak future of the male cast you're right. :confused:

Which is sad because some of the most interesting fighters in DOA's past and present are male. (And not even FROM DOA in Jacky and Akira's cases)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
As cringe as it may be at least they are explaining what they are doing and why they are doing it. I call it transparency. I want Leon, I want Genfu, I want Ein and I want a new male that isn't as plain and generic as Diego. The sad reality is that the people that do want males do not speak up like "the other side" and they also don't fork out cash like "the other side." Infact - a lot of the players that want male characters have dropped the game so there is no place for their opinion to go and no place they care to put it.

So how is any of this Team NINJA's fault? They provided this poll as validation as to why they do what they do. Last time I looked male characters didn't even claim 20% of the total vote, but despite this Team NINJA keeps almost all of the classic males in that nobody uses and doesn't make it an all female fighter - which is something they could actually do and get away with.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I'm not the one putting trans people into a 3rd gender category, luv.
Yes, you are because I'm not the one that said that. I asked why they only included only two options and why they don't have any trans characters, two separate questions, if you could read.

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
@grap3fruitman is spicy, but nobody here disregards or dislikes trans. Fruit's a cool dude and doesn't judge anyone like that.

If a trans character made it to DOA and they were fun to play and looked cool I highly doubt anyone would care. And the people that do would never care or connect at all with the DOA community which is nearly encompassed by the LGBT...

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
@grap3fruitman is spicy, but nobody here disregards or dislikes trans. Fruit's a cool dude and doesn't judge anyone like that.

If a trans character made it to DOA and they were fun to play and looked cool I highly doubt anyone would care. And the people that do would never care or connect at all with the DOA community which is nearly encompassed by the LGBT...
The DOA community is gay/bi Central tbh. Most doa friends I know are at least tho

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD