Team Ninja Twitter

DrDogg

Hayashi says that, because they're going to all the trouble of holding this collaboration, Akira probably won't be the only character. It's unclear if he means we'll get more Virtua Fighter characters, or if he's referring to other franchises.

Give me Lei-Fei... please.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Since this is the DOA buffer system we're dealing with, you can probably mash whatever and still get his super houken string.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Sent the news to the front page as it's not really part of the "Team NINJA Twitter". Continue that conversation there.

FakeSypha

Back to the Lisa theme regarding her origins and that shit. I always thought she was an American Mexican heritage. I mean, her fight style is stated as "luchadora" (wrestler, in Spanish), her nick is La Mariposa (again, Spanish hints), she uses a mask as most Mexican wrestlers do, and a lot of her moves have their names in Spanish. All this could mean nothing, but they point in that way.

She's a delicious brown chick, whatever her race actually is :D

Sorry for continuing the derail.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
同じフロアで開発しているNINJA GAIDEN 3のスタッフの中には、今回のゲスト出演を知らないスタッフもいて、私の元に「なんか見たことある凄い人がDEAD OR ALIVE 5の中で動いています!」と詰め寄ってきたスタッフもいました。
?? Something about the NG3 and DOA5 staff working on the same floor or something and sharing... something.

映像の舞台に「Flow」という「イカダの様なステージ」を選んだのも、「バーチャファイター」のステージのイメージに一番近いものを選んだ為です。もちろん映像の最後、イカダから落ちた先にもステージは存在して、戦いは続きます。
"We also chose the raft stage called "Flow" for the video because it has the closest resemblance to that of a Virtua Fighter stage. At the end of the video, you're presented with the image that you fall from the raft and the fight will still continue of course."

「チローン!」(カタカナにするとこんな感じ?)。バーチャファイターといえば、この『コイン投入音』!もちろんSEGAさんから「正式」なSEをお借りして、映像に使用しています。
Something, something... "Speaking of Virtua Fighter, this "coin" sound. We're using Sega's "official" sound effects."

実はあの下にも面白い仕掛けがあるんですよ!"@gemusss: @TeamNINJAStudio イカダの上ってたしかにバーチャっぽいですね。バーチャといえばリングアウトですけど、DOAはその先があるのでとても楽しみです。"
"There's actually an interesting gimmick below! @gemusss: @TeamNINJAStudio While on top of the raft is certainly similar to Virtua Fighter, I'm very excited for the next area since this is DOA."

本人に伝えておきます。"@mumemo333: @TeamNINJAStudio DOA5のアヤネの画像凄く可愛くてかっこ良かったよ^^"
"We'll let the artist know. @mumemo333: @TeamNINJAStudio That was a very cute image of Ayane in DOA5 ^^""

x Sypher x

Well yeah I suppose it does, but I hope they don't plan to use ALL of them. Or maybe they could mix the sounds a little bit so it sounds unique but at the same time you'll know it's derived from VF.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Seriously? Why???

I think they're only referring to the trailer.

also,

The rest of the translation "Something, Something..." I believe is just a sound effect for the coin and asking about putting it in Katakana script.

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
It would be a major sell-out move if they let them use all the VF sound effects.

edit: also, aren't they kinda rushing this out the door? September sounds a bit too early.

DrDogg

It would be a major sell-out move if they let them use all the VF sound effects.

edit: also, aren't they kinda rushing this out the door? September sounds a bit too early.

They're clearly referring to only the trailer.

And I see you know when they started development on DOA5. Please share...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
In regards to the sound effects, I was talking to Raansu and he mentioned that Akira's sound effects were those from VF5. I wouldn't know but he's played some VF5 and would know better than I.

In regards to the development time, we got a pre-alpha trailer last September. How far along do you think the game was if the footage they were showing was pre-alpha? It does seem like they're rushing this and that doesn't sit well with me.

Raansu

SCV was developed within a year and a few months and that game turned out pretty solid. It's definitely doable, and the recent trailer shows much promise.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD