Team Ninja Twitter

Relius Starkiller

What the hell? Where did you get that from? I find the thought that just because both characters are black must mean they're related is absurd.

But we are all related.

You see, if you're an African American I have carte blanche to call you "My Nigga" and it doesn't matter if I know you personally, or you're family, or you're in a rival set (gang) - you're my nigga.

Anyway, I just used that as an excuse to type nigga a bunch of times.

Also, I wasn't being serious when I accused you of thinking Zack a Dirty African (Again, I'm black, people - Confirmed).

I was just poking light at the fact that I'm able, as a black person, to make racist, disparaging comments about people the same color as me. . .I'd be like Jeremy Lynn calling Jackie Chan a slant. . .wait.

Anyway, DOA5, lookin good. . .looking goooooooooooood.

Horrible news. I am shocked and appalled. I am withdrawing my pre-order right now.

Uncle, I don't understand this - they added a guest character and now its "DOA5 is trash". There are many potential core gameplay mechanics that could make this a mediocre fighter and to brush the game off over a guest character that you'll have the choice whether or not to play with or against is foolish.

Then again, your post could be some kind of dubstep, British humor or something, I dunno.

Arnell Long

Uh, please don't go off an act as though I just made this up, and that assumption was clearly never made on my part so I'd appreciate it if you wouldn't insinuate such ignorant nonsense.
As for where I got it from, I believe it was revealed about her when DOAX first came out; from what I remember it was something along the lines that her original conception was to be Zack's sister but that was later changed as she was developed more.

Having basic reading skills should be able to make the point clear that I never personally thought or claimed they were siblings, I'm just reiterating that in early stages of her character's creation she was intended to be his sister, but that was obviously scrapped by the time she was finalized.

No.

Sagittarius

I've said this a few times now, I'm merely reiterating this from what I read elsewhere a some years back. If you've information that proves otherwise regarding Lisa's conception then feel free to show me, because I'd rather be properly informed.

I don't understand why people lack the ability to communicate cordially and opt for being unnecessary assholes instead.

Arnell Long

Assholes? Glad you wasn't referring to me. Anywho, on to a more important comment, you're telling me to provide information on Lisa when from Day Uno she was never Zack's sister.

I can read any and every DOA4/DOAX Article and it'll say the same "Lisa is not Zack's sister", with that being said, your claim is more open to "proving" to us that you've read that. But until then, Lisa is what we know of her and what Itagaki and Team Ninja introduced...and that's her "NOT" being Zack's sister...communication approved...

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Confirming that this awkward argument between the two of you is both hella relevant, and totally productive.

Sagittarius

That's the thing though, I wasn't trying to prove or convince anyone of anything since I just happened to mention what I had read about Lisa while having a discussion.
I don't get why you're trying to make it out as if I've been preaching this as gospel or something. And you're even getting what I've said wrong, anyway. I never said that I read that she's his sister, I read that she was originally intended to be during the early process of her development. You may want to reread my posts if you intend on randomly trying to chew me out.

In any event, finding the article/interview I read likely won't happen since I was in Taiwan at the time and it was like what? Nine years ago? So my stance remains the same, I'm totally cool with people thinking whatever they want on the topic. I just happened to mention my viewpoint on Lisa based on what I've personally read.

Why is that apparently such an issue?

Relius Starkiller

Assholes? Glad you wasn't referring to me. Anywho, on to a more important comment, you're telling me to provide information on Lisa when from Day Uno she was never Zack's sister.

I can read any and every DOA4/DOAX Article and it'll say the same "Lisa is not Zack's sister", with that being said, your claim is more open to "proving" to us that you've read that. But until then, Lisa is what we know of her and what Itagaki and Team Ninja introduced...and that's her "NOT" being Zack's sister...communication approved...

According to a certain someone, once upon a time that may have been the case.

http://s3.zetaboards.com/doaonline/topic/210985/1/

However DOA4 debunked it Sag, so lets try not to combine the words ass and hole and unless were using it as an honorific.

Example: "Hey, you're that "What, what in my asshole" kid!"

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
You know, I've noticed this.

No matter how hardcore a competitive DOA player is, every last one of you guys has this one little super sensitive fanboy/girl reflex that, if triggered, makes you all lose your shit.

It's kind of funny.

Relius Starkiller

You know, I've noticed this.

No matter how hardcore a competitive DOA player is, every last one of you guys has this one little super sensitive fanboy/girl reflex that, if triggered, makes you all lose your shit.

It's kind of funny.

Kinda like how when you see DOA Masters name your face puffs up like a blow fish and you start typing obscenities and questioning his man hood?

Arnell Long

According to a certain someone, once upon a time that may have been the case.

http://s3.zetaboards.com/doaonline/topic/210985/1/

However DOA4 debunked it Sag, so lets try not to combine the words ass and hole and unless were using it as an honorific.

Example: "Hey, you're that "What, what in my asshole" kid!"

Treasure Hunter...nice Nathan Drake. But yea, 7 yrs ago I was "delusional" and gave in to false information which I believed to be true but was cleared up immediately by Team Ninja and other more knowledgeable DOA members.

Sorry Arnell Long of the past, I forgive you for being a typical Fanboy and not extracting yourself fully into the core mechanics of the game instead of wondering how many Costumes Kasumi will have over how to properly punish a whiffed attack.

Thanks for showing me how offtrack I was with oneself...

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Okay, so back on topic...

60FPS!! Of course.
"@grap3: @TeamNINJAStudio Does #DOA5 run 60FPS or 30FPS?"

今だから言えますが、DEAD OR ALIVE 5の初公開時に「かすみ」を出さなかったのは、『彼』をDOAに迎えるにあたり、「かすみ」を相手に迎えなければ失礼だと。だからここまで公開を控えていました。
I think this says "Because you're going to say there was no Kasumi at the Dead or Alive 5 premiere and that it would be rude not to choose Kasumi to welcome "him." That's why we waited to waited to reveal."

『彼』に「この時を待ってたぜ!」と言ってもらえるのは、「かすみ」にとっても開発スタッフにとっても、感慨深いものがあります。
Again, struggling to translate: "The development staff has a very deep connection with Kasumi and "he" and I get to say 'We've been waiting for this moment!'"

DEAD OR ALIVE シリーズ自体が『彼』の背中を追い続けたタイトルと言っても過言ではありません。そもそもタイトル自体、存在しなかったでしょう。
"It's not exaggerating to say that there would be no Dead or Alive title to keep coming back to if not for 'him.' Without 'him,' it wouldn't exist."

They keep referring to a "he," do they mean Itagaki..?

ナンバリングが『5』と『彼』のタイトルのナンバリングに追いついたこのタイミングで「この時を待ってたぜ」と言ってくれました。我々はその言葉に恥じないようなタイトルに仕上げなければなりません。
"Told me 'I've been waiting for this moment' and that the timing has caught up with "him" and "5." We need to finish this title so it lives up to its name."

そんな思いで制作中のDEAD OR ALIVE 5は『2012年9月発売予定』です。皆さんにお届けするまでにはもう少し時間ください。それまでは今月発売のNINJA GAIDEN 3初回版につくαバージョン体験版でぜひ腕を磨いておいてください!
"Dead or Alive 5 is in production and thought to be released in September 2012. Please give us some more time to deliver it to you. We want to be able to polish it and in the mean time try out the α trial that comes with the release of Ninja Gaiden 3."

Arnell Long

Akira lol, so hmm, referring to the Demo we'll be getting with NG3...

Are we getting a slightly more polished version than the one shown at TGS, I believe so but just wondered a bit?

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD