Team Ninja wants ideas for next patch!

Darrell

Give me some way to entertain myself while I'm "searching for opponents" for freaking ever!!! Seriously! Are you guys able to get matches at all. I don't bother with Lobby, cause I'm not interested in sitting there watching everyone else fight. I'm trying to jump in and fight right away, like I can in TTT2! GRR!!

Raansu

Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Use whatever language your feel comfortable in. Japanese, English, whatever! Get ready...FIGHT! (or tweet or...) #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
38m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] If you don't agree with someone's opinion, talk about it! Discuss things (fight?) amongst yourselves! #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
39m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] One more request... #DOA5_balance #DOA5

Expand
40m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Different staff members handle bugs and balance, so we can deal with both aspects at the same time. #DOA5

Expand
41m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will deal with bugs as soon as we find the cause, and we definitely want to improve the overall experience. #DOA5

Expand
42m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] I know a lot of people will want to deal with online issues first, so I'll touch on that a little here. #DOA5

Expand
43m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Also, the content and timing of the update is still being considered. We will let you know when those are set. #DOA5

Expand
44m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] So that's it! This will apply to all territories around the world, so we need to be really careful how we proceed. #DOA5

Expand
45m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Please use the hashtag #DOA5_balance so we can keep track easily. #DOA5

Expand
47m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will consider your responses carefully when we make our final decisions. #DOA5

Expand
47m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 4: I will tweet questions about certain aspects to get your feedback. #DOA5

Expand
48m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Rather than kill personality to make everyone the same, we'll strengthen the weak characters to make a fair fight. #DOA5

Expand
49m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 3: We will not change the concept and importance of keeping each character's individuality. #DOA5

Expand
50m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 2: Bug fixes are included in this consideration. #DOA5

Expand
51m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 2: We will balance aspects we feel are not fair. Moves that are way too strong or which have strange motion, etc. #DOA5

Expand
52m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] We will only tweak things we feel are absolutely necessary. #DOA5

Expand
53m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Direction 1: As a rule, we are not going to do anything that makes all of your practice up to now pointless. #DOA5

Expand
57m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] Please keep in mind that we're still considering what exactly to update, but this should give you an idea how we're thinking. #DOA5

Expand
57m Team NINJA@TeamNINJAStudio
[D-YS] As I mentioned last week, I'd like to explain the direction for balancing things moving forward. #DOA5

Expand

MasterHavik

TN: [D-YS] Direction 2: We will balance aspects we feel are not fair. Moves that are way too strong or which have strange motion, etc. #DOA5

*does the funky roll with Zack*

Can anyone tell me how a move that used to be i9 that is not unfair while we have four characters with 9 frames Jabs and other 9 frame moves that give crazy advantage like Eliot's 7P and Sarah's 44P. But oh no Zack's blanka ball is consider unfair. Great logic TN. I'm impress.

RoboJoe

TN: [D-YS]
Can anyone tell me how a move that used to be i9 that is unfair while we have four characters with 9 frames Jabs and other 9 frame moves that give crazy advantage like Eliot's 7P and Sarah's 44P. But oh no Zack's blanka ball is consider unfair. Great logic TN. I'm impress.

It's the tradeoff for buffing his taunts. Character individuality and all that jazz.

MasterHavik

It's the tradeoff for buffing his taunts. Character individuality and all that jazz.

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

That is worst reasoning I have ever heard. Taking away buffs and things you gave him in earlier isn't character individuality. It's plain favoritism over other characters.

Raansu

I'm just worried they are going to start nerfing shit that doesn't need to be nerfed. I know he says they want to strengthen a weaker character but he also says he will change things based on "fairness" if a move is too strong...really nothing needs to be nerfed right now so that thought process needs to go away.

MasterHavik

I'm just worried they are going to start nerfing shit that doesn't need to be nerfed. I know he says they want to strengthen a weaker character but he also says he will change things based on "fairness" if a move is too strong...really nothing needs to be nerfed right now so that thought process needs to go away.
I wonder if they actually know what balancing means. I'm serious. They also took away Zack's 6PK unholdable and 236T i.e. his OH.,

RoboJoe

B
U
L
L
S
H
I
T

That is worst reasoning I have ever heard. Taking away buffs and things you gave him in earlier isn't character individuality. It's plain favoritism over other characters.

Oh you, it was a joke.

Serious answer: since TN is dead set on promoting individuality, find out what they are trying to do with Zack and request buffs that compliment that or try and convince them that whatever buffs you want will work in favour of whatever they're trying to do with the character.

MasterHavik

Oh you, it was a joke.

Serious answer: since TN is dead set on promoting individuality, find out what they are trying to do with Zack and request buffs that compliment that or try and convince them that whatever buffs you want will work in favour of whatever they're trying to do with the character.
well I don't know if they are going to give him buffs HE HAD in earlier builds of the game. They are trying to make Zack more mix up heavy. But this kind of fails when he not super safe, has no OH, not a ton of unholdable strings, and has the worst sit down stuns in the game.

Raansu

I wonder if they actually know what balancing means. I'm serious. They also took away Zack's 6PK unholdable and 236T i.e. his OH.,

Ya well the majority of the cast lost their OH's. That wasn't unique to zack, they just changed it back to older DoA's when it wasn't a universal tool and I'm fine with that, but they do need to compensate with other tools which they didn't do.

MasterHavik

Ya well the majority of the cast lost their OH's. That wasn't unique to zack, they just changed it back to older DoA's when it wasn't a universal tool and I'm fine with that, but they do need to compensate with other tools which they didn't do.
oh...you see....I didn't play all the Doas besides 4. So I wouldn't know that. Interesting...but characters with sabakis/parries are godlike though. But it seems characters with useful sit down stuns and quick and easy ways to CB are godlike as well. But that still doesn't excuse the fact that taking away his unholdables and regular stuns like 4k are fair.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD