Team NINJA wants tweets for patch suggestions

I'm sure all of you have heard by now, but some may not.

Yohei Shimbori recently tweeted that the team is looking to the fanbase to see what they would like to have patched in Dead or Alive 5. The following is the official translation tweets from Ninja Gaijin.

tn_reasonably_small.gif
[D-YS] As I mentioned last week, I'd like to explain the direction for balancing things moving forward. Please keep in mind that we're still considering what exactly to update, but this should give you an idea how we're thinking.

Direction 1: As a rule, we are not going to do anything that makes all of your practice up to now pointless.We will only tweak things we feel are absolutely necessary.

Direction 2: We will balance aspects we feel are not fair. Moves that are way too strong or which have strange motion, etc. Bug fixes are included in this consideration.

Direction 3: We will not change the concept and importance of keeping each character's individuality. Rather than kill personality to make everyone the same, we'll strengthen the weak characters to make a fair fight.

Direction 4: I will tweet questions about certain aspects to get your feedback.

We will consider your responses carefully when we make our final decisions. Please use the hashtag #DOA5_balance so we can keep track easily. So that's it! This will apply to all territories around the world, so we need to be really careful how we proceed. Also, the content and timing of the update is still being considered. We will let you know when those are set. I know a lot of people will want to deal with online issues first, so I'll touch on that a little here. We will deal with bugs as soon as we find the cause, and we definitely want to improve the overall experience. Different staff members handle bugs and balance, so we can deal with both aspects at the same time. If you don't agree with someone's opinion, talk about it! Discuss things (fight?) amongst yourselves! Use whatever language your feel comfortable in. Japanese, English, whatever! Get ready...FIGHT! (or tweet or...).

So that there is no misunderstanding, please write the reason of your suggestion about balancing (not bugs).

Two players of equal skill the Jann Lee player will dominate the Helena player. People who say that "the better player will win" do not understand the meaning of balance.

While the statement is mostly true, that's not how you approach a game when balancing it. Characters being balanced need to be approached in a way of both players being of equal skill. Simply put the Jann Lee player will have twice as many tools at his disposal than the Helena player will have. That's not balanced at all. Characters like Helena, Lisa, Hitomi, etc... all need to be buffed to better compete with the higher tier characters. As it is right now, any character forced to play DoA4 is going to have an extremely difficult up hill battle against a character that can play DoA5.
Im disappointed that Hitomi didn't get buffed that much compared to her
DOA4 counter part & her useful tiger claw attack is gone. :(

Im disappointed that Hitomi didn't get buffed that much compared to her
DOA4 counter part & her useful tiger claw attack is gone. :(

I wish she got buffed even a little. They nerfed her ass, she has less tools than doa4.

- Most OH's should be stepable (Bayman's rolls shouldn't be and thats about it.)

- Add recovery frames to holds.

- Reduce the damage throws do in general and make it so throws to a stunned opponent do LESS damage than ones applied to a nuetral. Its REALLY easy to land throws when someone counters and if you're adding recorvery frames to the holds then its going to be even easier.

At least she got more safe moves, there are loads of moves I could punish in DOA4 that are like -2 now.
Thats true, but Im still a little piss off that they took away some good combo strings like Hitomi's tiger claw :P: from the :K::2::K: and other characters useful moves. :mad:

- Reduce the damage throws do in general and make it so throws to a stunned opponent do LESS damage than ones applied to a nuetral. Its REALLY easy to land throws when someone counters and if you're adding recorvery frames to the holds then its going to be even easier.

There's no need to reduce the damage from throws, I think it's fine how it is right now. But yes please add some recovery frames to holds, especially the low hold. If anything I think the low hold should have the most recovery out of all of them since you're coming out of a crouch position.

There's no need to reduce the damage from throws, I think it's fine how it is right now. But yes please add some recovery frames to holds, especially the low hold. If anything I think the low hold should have the most recovery out of all of them since you're coming out of a crouch position.
They also need to increase the speed for crouching beacause dodging throws
is too sluggish & it can be a hassle sometimes. :(

Another thing that I want TN to patch is the A.I. Difficulty, it needs to be tone down.

I know right! The AI is crazy stupid fucking annoying! It's like you're forced to play PP grab all the fucking time. It practically holds every fucking thing lol.

I know right! The AI is crazy stupid fucking annoying! It's like you're forced to play PP grab all the fucking time. It practically holds every fucking thing lol.

You mean P grab. It holds the second punch even though I've never been held on the second punch by any person.

I also think the AI has natural combos that we can't do, and that they are using a 3 point hold system...

Uh, yeah, this is like the only game were silly stuff like this happens.

I also think the AI has natural combos that we can't do, and that they are using a 3 point hold system...

I think when I had Emperor Cow over, we were speculating whether the AI had a 3 point hold system or not. Cow was sure it did. Because he was having way more trouble with beating AI opponents with the new patch.

You mean P grab. It holds the second punch even though I've never been held on the second punch by any person.

As glitchy DOA5 is, that might be the reason why the cpu can read our inputs lol.

I doubt the A.I is a glitch. Definitely how they are programmed. And I can vouche for that 3Point. I also noticed this when I tested legend mode in arcade mode.

That would be nuts if that were true lol.

there's a glitch in the gameplay were your attacks would go through your opponent and what will piss you off is when you punch & kick directly towards them, they will be right behind you. :mad: this is one of the worst glitches I ever experience.

So, any news about the date for this patch? Is this going to be something like DOA5 ver.2013 with a dec.2012 release? I can't wait!

Also, Lisa and Helena need more safety options. Lisa's needs more safety as well as a quicker jab. I don't know why it's 12 frames. 10 frames would be ideal for her. And Helena's BKO transitions should be safer as well.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD