Tekken

YBNDM

I love the lili and xiayou makeup!

But the one girl I want to set back to default can't.

(No jacket katarina? <3 no pants next? XD)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
CreativeImpureBlacklab.gif

You'd think by now they would have found a better solution to simulate endless stages than these very jarring spinning backgrounds. @__@

UpSideDownGRUNT

I actually kinda like it, it reminds me of Tekken 1-3 stages and that fills me with nostalgia.

Also damn... that Akuma combo, that was what 80%?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
You can't nerf something that requires two meters and rage to get that amount. It's a reward factor from Akuma. Take off the meter+rage and Akuma at max will only get 39%, he can only build meter if he buffers moves on the opponent or take hits from the opponent (Taking hits gives him the most meter, Akuma took hits so he deserved that) Akuma can possibly only achieve something like this in the 2nd or 3rd round anyway. The only character who is getting the nerf bat is Shaheen because he can achieve half damage without the use of rage and has a loop setup that gives him free okizeme while being safe in the long run.

Jadeinchains

You can't nerf something that requires two meters and rage to get that amount. It's a reward factor from Akuma. Take off the meter and rage and Akuma at max will only get 42%, he can only build meter if he buffers moves on the opponent or take hits from the opponent (Taking hits gives him more meter) so Akuma can possibly only achieve something like this in the 2nd or 3rd round. The only character who is getting the nerf bat is Shaheen because he can achieve half damage without the use of rage and has a loop setup that gives him free okizeme while being safe in the long run.

... They should just remove him from the game then. kidding. not really though.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh...I forgot all about that meter XD. He's fine then, I know in SF he can achieve that damage, pardon what I said. As much as I don't really like Akuma, if damage is THAT easy to get, I may be using him myself. :-D

Jadeinchains

Oh...I forgot all about that meter XD. He's fine then, I know in SF he can achieve that damage, pardon what I said. As much as I don't really like Akuma, if damage is THAT easy to get, I may be using him myself. :-D

Another falls to the Akuma regime. I just hope he isn't to over powered to the lengths that Nightmare and Stegfreid ( however you spell it ) are in SC.

CreativeImpureBlacklab.gif

You'd think by now they would have found a better solution to simulate endless stages than these very jarring spinning backgrounds. @__@

I have a soft spot for these types of stages since one of my favorite stages "Hidden Retreat" has the same thing happening in it. Also Hidden Retreat has an amazing stage theme.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Akuma isn't getting off that easy to achieve 78% of damage. There is always a reward factor for each character within the roster, however there is penalty to achieve such rewards. If Akuma pulls that combo within that particular round he has to deal with the next round without meters, so he either has to put up more moves or take hits again which can cost him another round or the match entirely.

Harada isn't that ridiculous, he knew If Akuma gets nerfed he would be useless so he developed a damage scaling tool that provides benefits as well as negative penalties (Not just Akuma, but the entire roster). In Street Fighter he doesn't get that much either, the health bar is simply lower in 3D fighters in general.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, I just gotta find the best moves I can use to punish him with Lili, although I think I have a good idea of what will work. @Project Bokuho is there a video published yet on how Claudio, Lili, and LC can punish him, or is it the same general commands all around assuming that fighter has it?

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
It's frame data. This can apply to other characters. However Harada hides frame data to allow players to find them (which is pretty silly of him, it's why people who play the game casually are usually forced to not like the game and step away.)

Characters can respond differently, a few may even get a launcher against some of his moves likely. You don't really need a video to find out, however it does save a bit more time if there was an actual video since Harada hides things for no reason really.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
It's frame data. This can apply to other characters. However Harada hides frame data to allow players to find them (which is pretty silly of him, it's why people who play the game casually are usually forced to not like the game and step away.)

Characters can respond differently, a few may even get a launcher against some of his moves likely. You don't really need a video to find out, however it does save a bit more time if there was an actual video since Harada hides things for no reason really.
Lol yeah, that's honestly why I like DOA more now, it gives you that data right there and it can be viewed in almost any mode. In tekken, you kinda have to "feel" what's unsafe and whatnot, that or you have to YouTube it since a few players have found the data already for us.

UpSideDownGRUNT

I just came to say the customisation part of Tekken 7 truly has me hyped... Custom default hair colour, skin tone/tan, make up and I like the costumes for most part I've seen. Only bummer is that it uses Tag 2's top/bottom thing for the actual costumes no mix and match like in T6 :/

Now, I just need confirmation on Tekken Tunes(and the ability to change both standard and final round variants) and a real tutorial mode so I can finally learn how to actually play this damned series.(without outsourcing anyway)

CFW

The upside I think is now you can sorta remove pieces of the outfits like Katarina's jacket, Josie's yellow top, and Bryan's mask.

I remember in Tekken 6 you had the option to remove Leo's coat I miss it. I think it will only get better from here as time goes by.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I hope they give everyone unique hairstyles and accessories again, and they really need to separate the shoes from the leg wear and make gloves and arm warmers an option instead of tacking it on evening dresses and having boxer gloves with the Christmas dresses.

Radiance

The thing about Akuma is he builds meter and he does it very fast, on top of that, like in SF the meter he builds goes rolls over into the next round so he can get some early explosive damage. He is stupid unsafe, but he has great tools and pokes. He has an unbreakable throw, air tatsu gives a full combo, his focus attack has armor plus it's a high/mid crush and gives a full combo, has invincibility so when you play against him you have to play as if you're playing SF, and of course like in SFIV if he has the meter he can FADC his DP to save himself from being blown up. I have seen some interesting stuff, some characters can crush his fire ball like lucky chloe. It's very early, so a lot of trial and error. I think he's top 5 or at least top 7.

In other news, I'm in love with Claudio. His play style suits me, definitely will be my second, Paul being first.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD