Tekken

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Ah yes let's whale so we can finish the game. (Like adding a Quit button on the main menu or the Camera Mode, etc)

I love the fact they had these costumes already made, probably were going to be in the base game but they wanted to be greedy so kept them out to be sold for $5.

Not having a Tekken Store at launch was also a way for Bamco to get good reviews and not have any backlash over MTX.

I never want to hear Harada make excuses about the cost of game development when the fucking costumes he puts on the store are of much lower quality than the default outfits. Jin looks like he's wearing a Halloween costume bought at Target.

"Bububu having servers for Tekken Lounge cost so much money" then get rid of it. Nobody asked for this crap.

You already "supported" the game by paying $70 or more.

TheHunterKiller692

Me, however, I don't care. Call me "whale" (which I'm not!!!), but I want to support the game. MTX would benefit so we can get more modes, characters that we wanted/should be in the roster like Anna, Julia, Armor King, Michelle (I'm wishful here, but she NEEDS to return!) etc., stages, and other OoL stuff in the future. Without that, you can kiss Tekken 8 goodbye in the next year or two like Soul Calibur 6.
I don't think you're a whale, but I think that SC6 died because the interest wasn't as much as there was after people got burned out by SC5. I dig the attempt, but franchise fatigue is a thing for all IPs.

Mostly all of the responses in Reddit (and other places) are just, plain stupid. Majority of the comments came from the Europeans, thinking the MTX are "illegal".
Don't remind me. I keep seeing people use the same line of reasoning for literally all MTX, cosmetic or not. Personally, I think people are guilt-tripping each other into boycotting a game just to try to force the devs to shut the game down. Especially when battle passes are added into the equation.

Honestly he's not wrong. I would expect the same for the rest of the legacy costumes to receive some adjustments texture wise. Imagine seeing Anna's T6 3P with all that fur on it in T8's engine.

With that said, I just something noticed about the Mishima/Kazama family in Tekken regarding both Jun, Jin, and Asuka and their own uses of the same bloodline from different branches of the Kazama family tree. Jun using her purification powers to suppress her son Jin's devil gene in her non-canon TTT1 ending and Asuka's non-canon T5 ending showing her using her purification powers suppressing her cousin Jin's devil gene. Then there's T4's story and Kazuya's non-canon T4 ending while Jin's own purification powers prevents his dad Kazuya from regaining the other half of his devil gene and of course there's Angel Jin in T8 during the fight against True Devil Kazuya.

Either way, I'm interested in where the Mishima/Kazama family story will go next in T9 but that won't be for a long time unfortunately. :/

Last edited:

TheHunterKiller692

Honestly he's not wrong. I'm interested in where the Mishima/Kazama family story will go next in T9 but that won't be for a long time unfortunately. :/
Well, with Heihachi and Kazuya out of the picture, I fear we'll be stuck with Reina, who I personally think is annoying, no matter how thicc she is under that dumbass-looking jacket that she wears to 1-up Cammy from SF. Oh, and Asuka bitching about Jin, probably, cuz it's the decade of the female everything and we'll have people who'd cream their pants if Asuka gets to be the lead next game.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
These look like aliexpress cosplay costumes. And they have the audacity to charge for it too lmao. If they looked as good as Tekken 8's defaults I'd buy them.

Even that Bishoujo Jun leotard mod blows the TTT2 costume out of the water.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Speaking of ports, lets see if Tekken team has the balls to bring this back

1709421221102.jpeg

LOL That's some mod for Asuka if I ever seen one. xD

Speaking of which, as much as I would love to rag on Kazamas (Jun, Jin, and Asuka), I won't lie that most of their costumes in the series in general have been pretty sick looking, especially most of Jin's and Asuka's (that T5 3P yakuza-like dress was really something). Also, Jun's attires as well (Jun's TTT1 3P training outfit in T8 when?). :3

I wonder what'll happen in Nina's story DLC after she basically quit working with G Corp, aside from encountering her younger sister Anna (she'll be DLC for sure). Also, I would like to see some other characters such as Asuka and Hwoarang for example be at least redeemed in their story DLC since they basically got snubbed in the main story mode for real (That beef between Hwoarang and Asuka in the main story mode was just brutal).

Also, we're most likely gonna get a rematch between Jin and Kazuya in both of their story DLCs since Kazuya's still alive as seen at the end in the main story mode.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
No fucking way. He was dead for sure.
No Kazuya is alive, just unconscious since I feel Jun would have had been more emotional if that was the case. He likely will want a rematch in post story DLC since without spoiling the story much, Jin and him are both on the same equal ground as the other fighters, but tbh I think the next story arc will have more focus on the Mishima/Kazama women Jun, Asuka, and Reina.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD