Tekken

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
(wasn't sure if you could see picture so I put link)
Here you go:
Y8eqM.jpg

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
That is true. Not neccesarily though, since there are still teams that deal some stupid amount of damage like Jinpachi/Jack, Ogre/Jack, pre-patch Hwo/Bry, Lars/Nina, Lars/Bruce, Bruce/Bry.

Feng is great too.

UnD34D

That is true. Not neccesarily though, since there are still teams that deal some stupid amount of damage like Jinpachi/Jack, Ogre/Jack, pre-patch Hwo/Bry, Lars/Nina, Lars/Bruce, Bruce/Bry.

Feng is great too.
Lol you might as well have listed every high tier character. No one can doubt that Jack-6 and Bryan put out stupid amounts of damage. I just noticed a lot of top players, notably Knee, have Mishimas on their teams. They just put out retarded damage and it made me laugh, it wasn't meant to be taken to seriously. I also considered making "If you get hit by Paul's deathfist... You're gonna have a bad time."

UncleKitchener

Standard Donor
Always appreciated, Gill.

Lol you might as well have listed every high tier character. No one can doubt that Jack-6 and Bryan put out stupid amounts of damage. I just noticed a lot of top players, notably Knee, have Mishimas on their teams. They just put out retarded damage and it made me laugh, it wasn't meant to be taken to seriously. I also considered making "If you get hit by Paul's deathfist... You're gonna have a bad time."

Paul is a very solid character. People just don't like him that much because he's kind of boring to them.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
I think I mentioned before that I liked King. Who would be good to match up with him? I did kind of like Paul too so I might do that team-up when I get the game. Humor a scrub, what's the difference between King and Armor King? I thought I saw someone say that Armor King was top tier in TTT2 so that kind of peaked my interest.

Awesmic

Standard Donor
I guess it's relevant for me to post here now due to unexpected events. Just yesterday, my old man just gave me about every console port of the Tekken series in their original format thus far for absolutely nothing, save for TTT on PS2 (since he had Hybrid). I gave some titles (Tekken 3 a given) a fair, honest chance, and I like some of them now a bit more than I did then, though not to the point where I'm gonna say I'm a fan. I will say this much... Kitchener won't have to worry about me poking fun at the series as much... in this thread anyway.

After taking as much in about the past games as possible, I might Gamefly TTT2 on day one. Knowing me, I'm a sucker for Zafina. Which characters would sync well with her, now that she's no longer as terrible as she supposedly was in T6BR and console?

UnD34D

I think I mentioned before that I liked King. Who would be good to match up with him? I did kind of like Paul too so I might do that team-up when I get the game. Humor a scrub, what's the difference between King and Armor King? I thought I saw someone say that Armor King was top tier in TTT2 so that kind of peaked my interest.
Honestly, either King or Armor King is a good match up for any team, since they can end juggles with the iSW (instant shining wizard) which makes their combo damage pretty sick. They also match up well together, as well as with Craig Marduk. The differences between King and Armor King are similar to the differences between say... Ryu and Akuma. While to an outsider the playstyle is similar, and the attacks look the same, the two characters are pretty different. Of the two King, in T6:BR, is higher tier because he is safer and has a higher damage output. If you can't iSW though, don't bother playing either of them, honestly.

After taking as much in about the past games as possible, I might Gamefly TTT2 on day one. Knowing me, I'm a sucker for Zafina. Which characters would sync well with her, now that she's no longer as terrible as she supposedly was in T6BR and console?

To be honest, Zafina is just a weird character. I don't know who would team well with her, but as I posted before, if you don't have a Mishima on your team, you're gonna have a bad time. Unfortunately Mishima's are considered hard as fuck to play, including pulling off EWGF's (electric wind god fists) consistently, which is really one of their best tools and makes them so high tier, similar to being able to pull of Bryan Fury's taunt, without it the characters lose a lot. Not to mention you have a character type you very much stick to, so I wouldn't know how to suggest a character to you. Paul's deathfist damage can get pretty insane though, as well as his combo damage, but he's a double edged sword in every game, you whiff or get blocked, and you die.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Honestly, either King or Armor King is a good match up for any team, since they can end juggles with the iSW (instant shining wizard) which makes their combo damage pretty sick. They also match up well together, as well as with Craig Marduk. The differences between King and Armor King are similar to the differences between say... Ryu and Akuma. While to an outsider the playstyle is similar, and the attacks look the same, the two characters are pretty different. Of the two King, in T6:BR, is higher tier because he is safer and has a higher damage output. If you can't iSW though, don't bother playing either of them, honestly.
"Woooooooooosh!"

That's the sound of your post going over my head.

What?

UnD34D

"Woooooooooosh!"

That's the sound of your post going over my head.

What?

This is Aris doing a iWR tutorial. iSW (Instant Shining Wizard) is King/A. King's "While Running" grab. Not only is the grab incredibly strong on the ground, but it's also a strong air grab. EVERY King/A.King juggle is finished with the iSW. It is also incredibly strong to finish team juggles with in TTT2. So say you have a Paul / King team, your juggle would look something like this:

Paul is out:

Paul: df+2, 2, 2, b+1, 2, B!Tag
King: iSW!!!!

That would be a really shitty combo, but basically what you can do with King.

Here are some sick King juggles, you'll notice he B! (bound)s them and then finishes almost EVERY combo with the iSW.

and some sick Paul/King combos. He doesn't end a lot of them with iSW in it though.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
That was absolutely sincere. I think I may have less than two hours playtime with the Tekken franchise in my entire life so your post was very informative.

UnD34D

That was absolutely sincere. I think I may have less than two hours playtime with the Tekken franchise in my entire life so your post was very informative.
Okay, I wasn't sure how much game time you had with it, another quick note, when denoting Tekken combos, directional are always referred to from player 1, left facing right standpoint, and referred to by how you press it rather than a number, so down forward is df, up is u, so on so forth, left punch is 1, right punch is 2, left kick is 3, right kick is 4, so generally, square/x is 1, triangle/y is 2, x/a is 3, circle/b is 4 in default controls, and most Tekken tournies aren't down with players customizing controls, so you should get used to not using shoulder buttons if you're playing on pad.

grap3fruitman

Standard Donor
Yeah, I really hate the Tekken notation. I think it put me off from playing T6 when I finally got around to picking that up.

UnD34D

personally I prefer it to DOA or VF, I like referring to directions as uf, df, so on so forth, it makes more sense to me. Everytime someone says 4+P I have to think about it, b+p, b+1, b+lp just makes sense to me.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
SF/KoF both use the f for forward type notation, but anyways, back to Tekken...

Only in America does it use the alphabet notation. For KOF they've always used ABCD for the buttons so numerics are used as notation, which makes it confusing when you say bA, qcbC, etc.

But as you said, back to Tekken.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD