Tekken

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Reina has been the biggest letdown in the game for me. At first glance, her kit looked super interesting and cool. But as it turned out, she's actually really shallow with her power in four moves. Kinda like Julia but even more one dimensional.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Yeah, Reina imo isn't as good as everyone was hyping her up to be, I remember thinking she was gonna be hard to fight but most reinas I fought so far one trick pony her more obnoxious moves but it's easy to get used to after a while since most love to mash her easiest strings and not even use other parts of her kit besides the unsafe high crush mid strings she has and that annoying parry thing she has that beats jabs

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
She's definitely better than a lot of people give her credit for. I don't think she's better than the top 3 but the character can't be any less than top 10 when people can't play her anywhere near her potential and she's still doing so well. There are no good Reina players, but there are good players that play her. Nobody optimizes with her, yet she doesn't need to either so people get by with a few hard forced mixups and that's it. It's literally like how most people played Julia in Tekken 7.

In the end though she definitely baited me initially. She has little to no depth, and that ain't gonna sustain my interest long term. That's also true of Tekken 8 for the most part anyway. I've already largely lost interest. There needs to be a serious overhaul in the systems to bring me back but that's not going to happen with the direction they want to go in.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
She's definitely better than a lot of people give her credit for. I don't think she's better than the top 3 but the character can't be any less than top 10 when people can't play her anywhere near her potential and she's still doing so well. There are no good Reina players, but there are good players that play her. Nobody optimizes with her, yet she doesn't need to either so people get by with a few hard forced mixups and that's it. It's literally like how most people played Julia in Tekken 7.

In the end though she definitely baited me initially. She has little to no depth, and that ain't gonna sustain my interest long term. That's also true of Tekken 8 for the most part anyway. I've already largely lost interest. There needs to be a serious overhaul in the systems to bring me back but that's not going to happen with the direction they want to go in.
I like how the game plays tbh, I just wish we could choose when we want the heat engagers go transition heat and maybe make heat less accessible since anyone can go into it at anytime, I personally don't really use it much besides when I'm forced into it via heat engager.

I like Lili alot in T8 since she's like a hybrid of Helena and Ayane and she doesn't feel as unfinished compared to Tekken 7.

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
1713775937172.png

Recent Reviews: Mostly Negative

1713775978798.png

1713776015237.png

Rob

The Dragon Shrine Maiden
Premium Donor
Amazing how post-release has been just one bad decision after another.

TheHunterKiller692

Alright. I FINALLY decided to chime in to Bandai Namco support, and Usagi said that you're not alone in wanting the bikinis and stuff to stay in the game. I also told Usagi to inform the devs to toss the modders a check so they're not being bled dry.

So, if anyone wanted to tell Harada not to nuke the lewd costume mods in the internet (Looking at you, @Kasumi-Phase-X , you fucking weirdo.), consider it done.

Uberprinny

Alright. I FINALLY decided to chime in to Bandai Namco support, and Usagi said that you're not alone in wanting the bikinis and stuff to stay in the game. I also told Usagi to inform the devs to toss the modders a check so they're not being bled dry.

So, if anyone wanted to tell Harada not to nuke the lewd costume mods in the internet (Looking at you, @Kasumi-Phase-X , you fucking weirdo.), consider it done.

Hmmmm....sounds like you are in the middle of a lovers quarrel. Why the drama? Unless you are in the middle of filming a soap opera. I suggest you settle the matter in a 1 on 1 private conversation if you know what I mean. *Wink, wink. Nudge, nudge!*

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Don't mind my rant but...

Seriously, Lili's Lashing Iris ff1+2 move needs to be reassigned to u1+2. The move is great but the input ruins it since Tekken's general input lag smears it since ff inputs are always super sticky to pull off after most attacks are fully finished

They should use whatever Soul Calibur used since in that game ff and bb or any double direction inputs or quarter circles come out instantly there and is smooth as butter, Tekken is like opening a soda with your fingers when you chewed off the bulk xD

Also really hope Anna is the DLC character for this season. I already can predict her changes: she's gonna use rocket launchers, she's gonna be a hard 50/50 mix up style, her T8 look is gonna have long hair, and she's gonna be a more business like widow in the game. I wonder if the tekken 8 dlc lore tho will be canon?

TheHunterKiller692

Don't mind my rant, but... Tekken is like opening a soda with your fingers when you bite the pull tab.

Also, I really hope Anna is the DLC character for this season. I already can predict her changes: she's gonna use rocket launchers with a hard 50/50 mix up style, and have long hair.
I can't exactly speak for whether inputs are good or bad, but my lack of remembering which throws do floor breaks is something I came across when I last played. (And I suck at side-stepping.) But, I can, however, confirm I still don't like the Arcade Quest mode. However, the rest of the game isn't that bad, so I'm not too sour on the overall package. What does seem to hurt my interest in talking about or buying the game twice is that I don't think there's a lot of gas in the proverbial tank. Sure, they could have characters from games past come back redesigned and (supposedly) better than ever, but I'm only getting winks and nods, as far as my ACTUAL feedback goes, and very little of it might actually be put into fruition, knowing Tekken Project's fortunes thus far.

And yeah, it was good for a laugh to try and piss off Death for getting upset over the fact there ARE people who prefer Tekken to DOA (a behavior which I imitated a little too well, if I'm being honest), but I don't see Tekken being the top dog of the 3D fighting scene for long, if Virtua Fighter's studio isn't as hush-hush in the sense they ARE working on a new game, but don't have any real announcements yet. Who knows? Team Ninja COULD be doing that with DOA, and I'd be none the wiser.
I wonder if the DLC story/lore will be canon?
As much as I don't want to shit all over Harada, I'm not sure if anyone asked him that question enough for him to come out and say if it is or isn't. And with the lack of story DLC in Tekken 6 and 7, I'll go out on a limb and just picture a bunch of deleted scenes from the main story, similar to MK11's Aftermath story expansion (where the DLC characters are playable in the story DLC itself).

Derock

Also really hope Anna is the DLC character for this season. I already can predict her changes: she's gonna use rocket launchers, she's gonna be a hard 50/50 mix up style, her T8 look is gonna have long hair, and she's gonna be a more business like widow in the game. I wonder if the tekken 8 dlc lore tho will be canon?
It's already confirmed that:
Marduk and Fahkumram are coming for Season 1. Anna looks like she may be back for Season 2 again.

TheHunterKiller692

TLDW; Photo mode coming and a new resort stage, Lidia too.

Screenshot_20240429-124452_Samsung Internet.jpg

Screenshot_20240429-124503_Samsung Internet.jpg

Long story short, if you have any characters who you do wanna see make the cut in T8, just ask them nicely and they'll get something to the dev team. Although I do agree I was ommitting how the DLC characters in 7 didn't fit with the Tekken lore or universe, at least they're capable of not making a mistake like that in the future, or so I think.

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
Damn. That image was going good with the word guest, but then I saw what he listed so maybe now they shouldn't add guests lolol.

Guest characters are always super dope (but only because of the ones that make sense) so they have to pick the right ones if it came down to it in the future. Noctis and Negan were prime examples that just didn't look right in Tekken which may lead to negative connotations to actual great guest character entries. Geese imo was one of their best choices they made.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD