Tengu Being Added? Female?

Kronin

You are hoping for a new costume for Ayane instead of an actual character using Tengu's fighting style?

In my reasoning I was implying that at this point - considering all the past hints - seems to me extremely likely that the DoA5U will get a character related to Tengu.

So, if this picture end to be a Tengu outfit, I'm pretty sure that Bankotsubo will enter in the game (not seems to me unlikely the scenario of a special outfit for Ayane sold together with Tengu Bankotsubo). If it's a real character, of course he/she will substitute the DoA2 Boss.

So I'm sure that DoA5U will get or Bankotsubo and special tengu outfits, or a character using Bankotsubo moves; in any cases the fighting style Tengu-Do will find a way to be included in the game, at least according to me.

@DrinkTheGenra Yes I agree, of course the possibility of an alternate hairstyle for Ayane in a such Tengu outfit it's a realistic possibility.

Sly Bass

Premium Donor
Or maybe it's a new female character with the moves of Tengu? Who knows. All speculation.

Female Tengu

In my reasoning I was implying that at this point - considering all the past hints - seems to me extremely likely that the DoA5U will get a character related to Tengu.

No, I was wondering why you would prefer a costume over a new character? Why?

Kronin

No, I was wondering why you would prefer a costume over a new character? Why?

But indeed I don't prefer an outfit to a new character XD

In this particular case, if this is an outfit for Ayane, I'm pretty sure that we will get this outfit WITH Bankotsubo. For this reason I'm hoping that it's just the pitcture of an outfit.

Of course if Bankotsubo is excluded by any scenarios and the alternative is a new outfit for Ayane or a new character using the Tengu-Do, I chose the second one.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
I dont want a fucking new character with Tengu's move set .. I want Tengu ..

Giving Setsuka a dick and calling her Alpha Patroklos does NOT make Alpha Patroklos Setsuka, despite the identical move set.

I want the real Tengu .. the KOWAPPA Tengu with the epic beard ...

fucking Ayane Tengu is the dumbest idea ever ... unless its just a costume then I'll be more than fine with that n it would actually be cool..

fucking clones man ... they ruin every damn fighting game ...
I understand it with Alpha-152 and I get it with Phase-4 .. theres an excuse for those .. but .. this ?? if it really turned out to be an ayane clone based on a dumb quote from DOA2 then this will be the most retarded thing ever...

if its a new character altogether .. then, maybe .... I dunno .. but I would rather go for tengu ... man I'm sick of female characters in this game ... this isnt fucking Arcana Heart or pretty fighter X

Yes I understand their ... "tits sell" policy .. but this is really getting out of hand .. (However I am willing to look the other way and even support if its a fat chick .. LOL)

Kronin

I just realized that this new character will be very likely included under Ryu, and so it will find itself in a mirrored position compared to Phase-4...

And both Phase-4 and this new character will be in a mirrored placement compared to Kasumi and Ayane...

This could be a big hint in favor of the new character being a "Dark Ayane".

Awesmic

Standard Donor
man I'm sick of female characters in this game ... this isnt fucking Arcana Heart or pretty fighter X
And it never will be, given there are more than enough male characters in the cast to make it far less than a 100% female roster.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Awesmic said:
And it never will be, given there are more than enough male characters in the cast to make it far less than a 100% female roster.

Somehow I knew that comment would trigger a response from you.. particularly the pretty fighter x reference...lol

Awesmic

Standard Donor
Somehow I knew that comment would trigger a response from you.. particularly the pretty fighter x reference...lol
I was hoping you would mention Vanguard Princess so I could at least ramble a bit longer...

But on the subject, I feel your pain nonetheless, as well as other people who put their all into the Tengu awareness movement. Maybe you guys will get Lu Bu or Ryo Hazuki as consolation.

Kronin

Like I wrote in the casual thread:

Personally, with the DoA Dimensions canon, I think that there could be many explanations behind the character being a Tengu clone of Ayane (so not a trasformation of the real Ayane).
  • Ayane was controlled directly by Bankotsubo in DoA D;
  • Genra worked with the DOATEC;
  • Donovan was showned to own an Hajinmon mask, as to indicate his tie with the clan (people think that the same Donovan could be Genra, but I exclude it).
With a little of fantasy these facts could be easily connected to a "Demoniac" Ayane.

Of course maybe with the addition that the same Ayane has particular genes just as the Mishima in Tekken maybe transmitted to her by Raidou (after all many fans have always thought that Raidou wasn't completely human).

Last edited:

Kronin

I'm liking the direction this shitstorm is heading well played TN lol

If this was their purpose they were super succesfull! We passed from "the new character is Tengu Bankotsubo" to "this is a Tengu outfit for Ayane" to "this is a new female Tengu woman" to "this is a Dark Ayane" XD

Codemaster92163

I guess I can't see it being Ayane for the simple fact that the lighting doesn't suggest purple hair. The left side of the photo shows the mask as being rather bright, so the light source is coming from that direction. Looking at the golden piece hidden behind her hair, its fairly shiny, indicating the light is still strong towards the back of her head. If the front of the mask is shiny, as is the accessory at the back, then if they followed the rules, the hair should be as well. That likely means this is the actual hair color, being a borderline black shade.

Not sure, of course, because for all I know, TN sucks with maintaining proper lighting in their pictures, but meh....

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
If it's an Ayane costume, it's bound to be an epic costume.

If it's an alternate-reality female-tengu Ayane, this is also an awesome thing.

If it's a totally new character with Bankotsubo's movelist, then I could be happy... although his incredible arrogance was honestly half the reason he was so fun to troll with. It would be almost impossible to top that.

In every game he has been in, Tengu has been the heaviest character in the game in his own weight class (except in Dimensions, where he shared the heaviest weight class with Genra).

I somehow doubt that this character with those slender shoulders will be rocking that weight class, so even with a bunch of his moves, they wouldn't be able to capture the feel of playing as the real Bankotsubo.

Kronin

In every game he has been in, Tengu has been the heaviest character in the game in his own weight class (except in Dimensions, where he shared the heaviest weight class with Genra).

I somehow doubt that this character with those slender shoulders will be rocking that weight class, so even with a bunch of his moves, they wouldn't be able to capture the feel of playing as the real Bankotsubo.

And this is a right or a bad thing for who wish Bankotsubo?

From a side would open the possibility to the return of Bankotsubo in the future, from another we could be sure that with a new character related to the Tengu race, hardly TN will bring also Bankotsubo in DoA5U (even if they don't share the same moveset).

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD