Tengu Being Added? Female?

Gill Hustle

Hmm, very possibly Ayane.

She called herself the female Tengu during DOA2 and it was explained further in DOA Dimensions that Tengu had in fact been influencing a lot of her actions (Kasumi bloodlust, Helena cutscene, overall arrogance/insolence)

I'm intrigued but I'll wait and see.

edit

eh glossed over @Kronin 's response.

Kronin

Hmm, very possibly Ayane.

She called herself the female Tengu during DOA2 and it was explained further in DOA Dimensions that Tengu had in fact been influencing a lot of her actions (Kasumi bloodlust, Helena cutscene, overall arrogance/insolence)

I'm intrigued but I'll wait and see.

Not only this, but with Genra related to DoATEC and maybe Donovan to the Hajinmon (according to the DoA Dimensions canon), there is also the possibility for an experimental Ayane.

But in the end we are basing our speculations on a simple picture. We discussed everything and the opposite of everything on it, I think that at this point the best thing is to wait for additional info from TN.

Kronin

Yeah I missed what you said earlier.

I'm not sure what to think but if it is "another" Ayane, I'm down for gp ;)

Don't worry and about a clone of Ayane I don't think that couldn't be interesting, but if I think that the discarded alternatives are the original Tengu or a new character inheriting his moveset, I can't be too much glad for it... :/

His Reverence

Papa Reverence, the Ayane Enthusiast.
Premium Donor
Someone is gonna get murked if this is an Ayane clone. Fingers crossed that this is indeed just a smexy costume (as per the designs.)

Found this pic on the official TN Twitter today and it was immediately identifiable as Tengu. However upon closer inspection the mask appears to only cover half of the face, and the bottom portion seems rather slender, hinting at a female (Is she grinning?). Also there's no beard, white or otherwise, and the hair hints at twin ponytails of some sort. I could be reading more into than there is is but it's definitely for DOA5UA

View attachment 5792

Omfg I can't wait !! If it's a she , she's definite gonna be my main XD. Move over Ayane!, make some room girl! XD.

Zeo

I love how there's all this speculation floating around when more than likely it's just Tengu costume DLC for one of the female ninjas (most likely Ayane).

On the off chance it's Tengu, good for you. If It's Ayane in a costume, you should have known better. If It's Tengu in a female form, be grateful the fighting style you enjoyed is at least coming back.

TN is a business and the females are what sell. Not a big fat hairy demon that everyone seems to want but only 5% of the population (if that) will actually use seriously once he drops.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but all the same, it's what it is. Take what you get and try not to get unrealistic expectations.

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
you cant really blame people for being hopeful. TN keeps fucking with the Tengu fanbase by never out right saying Tengu will not be in the game, but at the same time will purposely fool people with the idea he might. they're just being complete assholes about the entire thing and treating the fans who want him as the butt of a joke.

depending on how this is resolved im going on Facebook and letting them no just how i feel about their treatment of this issue which has been less than subpar

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
I love how there's all this speculation floating around when more than likely it's just Tengu costume DLC for one of the female ninjas (most likely Ayane).

On the off chance it's Tengu, good for you. If It's Ayane in a costume, you should have known better. If It's Tengu in a female form, be grateful the fighting style you enjoyed is at least coming back.

TN is a business and the females are what sell. Not a big fat hairy demon that everyone seems to want but only 5% of the population (if that) will actually use seriously once he drops.

I'm not saying I'm happy about it, but all the same, it's what it is. Take what you get and try not to get unrealistic expectations.

TN is a development studio. KT is a business.

Typically the development studios are full of people wanting to make the game more fun and as awesome as possible while the corporate side are the ones trying to make it as mind numbingly "accessible" as possible so it "theoretically" generates more income.

I just think it's important to distinguish between the two, as one entity I hold great respect for and the other I would not be sad to see loaded into a missile and fired into the sun.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
So much ignorance about how the industry works. Sad but it's for the best that gamers keep on thinking what they do. They're going to bitch anyway and the current state of the industry makes it painfully obvious who knows what they're talking about and who's talking out of their ass.

Devs make and pitch dozens of ideas that are ultimately scrapped by somebody wearing a suit and tie that's gifted a far-too-large paycheck for what they do. Revenue from game sales doesn't go to where you would think it does and it doesn't have the effects you would think it would.

Anyway, stay on topic.

Silent-Screams1

Tengu is dead...........they're not gonna put him in the game because he's DEAD...D.E.A.D he's not coming back another tengu maybe created but it won't be the same let go of that dream

Russian-chiropractic19

Standard Donor
So much ignorance about how the industry works. Sad but it's for the best that gamers keep on thinking what they do. They're going to bitch anyway and the current state of the industry makes it painfully obvious who knows what they're talking about and who's talking out of their ass.

Devs make and pitch dozens of ideas that are ultimately scrapped by somebody wearing a suit and tie that's gifted a far-too-large paycheck for what they do. Revenue from game sales doesn't go to where you would think it does and it doesn't have the effects you would think it would.

Anyway, stay on topic.

i would assume they're at the very least in charge of their own fucking twitter account. which is what they've been using to cause this bullshit

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
They are. That is Team NINJA staff, one person in particular, posting. But if you think they're trolling, you should avoid Ono's account for sure. They may have some fun with people but ultimately they avoid too much in the way of deliberately misleading people. There is a large amount of the fanbase speculating and getting pissed about things that aren't even confirmed and frankly it's quite amusing.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD