Texture Editing (PC)

Kronin

Does this mean I can propose hair swap mod requests, now?

Yes but keep in mind that not all the hairstyles can technically fit all the characters; also, there is limit for the number of hairstyles allowed to each costume slot (it should be the letter "G" or "H", so for a total of 7/8 different hairstyles).

Or at least so I heard, I never made the test by myself... maybe @ChrisArmoun can give a confirmation or a denial.

Last edited:

Darkslay

Hi, I'm working on recolors of Phase 4 costumes to match the one made by ChrisArmoun (I hope you don't mind, I really like your work!).
I suppose some of you will recognize the dragon I used ;) Too bad it looks crappy if you zoom in too much. Any tips for this?

vIP8tB5.png

JiWzMEX.jpg

I love you for that, that is all lol, i wanted that tattoo on Lee's back too, unfortunately it seems no one here recognizes it. :(

Brute

Standard Donor
Yes but keep in mind that not all the hairstyles can technically fit all the characters; also, there is limit for the number of hairstyles allowed to each costume slot (it should be the letter "G" or "H", so for a total of 7/8 different hairstyles).

Or at least so I heard, I never made the test by myself... maybe @ChrisArmoun can give a confirmation or a denial.
In that case, I'd like to make a formal request (to no one in particular) to put Leifang's loose hair on Hayabusa, and Momiji's Hair B on a bunch of people; notably:
on Ayane's C2 & C6
on Marie's C4 & Nurse costume
on Nyotengu's C1, 4 & 5
on Lisa's C2 & Casual costume

Any additional outfits with the style would obviously be more than welcome. Not sure it's even possible to get that hair on those characters/costumes, but thought I'd put it forward anyway.

Also, not sure this is possible, but it would be cool to be able to use Rachel's unique hairstyle from her sports costume with the helmet on, but without the helmet. Maybe even on her regular outfits. It looks better than her default hair and the down hair, so not exactly sure why they don't allow us to use that one freely. /shrug

To whomever so chooses to assist me in these ventures, I shall hate them less than other humans. Glory be upon them!

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Could someone also do Kokoro's loose long hair on Kasumi, but with it still being her natural red copper hair color?

ChrisArmoun

In that case, I'd like to make a formal request (to no one in particular) to put Leifang's loose hair on Hayabusa, and Momiji's Hair B on a bunch of people; notably:
on Ayane's C2 & C6
on Marie's C4 & Nurse costume
on Nyotengu's C1, 4 & 5
on Lisa's C2 & Casual costume

Any additional outfits with the style would obviously be more than welcome. Not sure it's even possible to get that hair on those characters/costumes, but thought I'd put it forward anyway.

Also, not sure this is possible, but it would be cool to be able to use Rachel's unique hairstyle from her sports costume with the helmet on, but without the helmet. Maybe even on her regular outfits. It looks better than her default hair and the down hair, so not exactly sure why they don't allow us to use that one freely. /shrug

To whomever so chooses to assist me in these ventures, I shall hate them less than other humans. Glory be upon them!
While I can't confirm anything on Hayabusa, I can tell you that none of the female characters you've requested have Momiji's Hair B in their list (at least the list of known inputs). Only one with any Momiji hair is Lisa, and that's only the default ponytail. You get that by entering 2345 as the hairstyle. Nyotengu has no additonal hairstyle except for Honoka's and, if I recall, it's a poor fit.

Momiji's hair B is available for the following female characters: Hitomi (23), Pai (5), and Sarah (7)

Brute

Standard Donor
While I can't confirm anything on Hayabusa, I can tell you that none of the female characters you've requested have Momiji's Hair B in their list (at least the list of known inputs). Only one with any Momiji hair is Lisa, and that's only the default ponytail. You get that by entering 2345 as the hairstyle. Nyotengu has no additonal hairstyle except for Honoka's and, if I recall, it's a poor fit.

Momiji's hair B is available for the following female characters: Hitomi (23), Pai (5), and Sarah (7)

Ooobe

I don't recall seeing this anywhere, but could someone please tell me what I have to do to get a working (ie not incorrectly lit) normal map for a skin texture? I'm familiar with the usual issues with mirrored UV's and lighting, but I don't seem able to touch a skin normal without it borking the whole thing - it's becoming quite maddening.
How's about someone lend a brother a hand.. please?

chelren

hello. I have a question.
i want a short skirt ayane.

kasumi_shortschool-jpg.11223

as kasumi's fix shorts school.

so, i read about how to modify the texture and, i have changed the ayane school texture.

1-png.11220

2-png.11221

3-png.11222

texture tool(extract *.dds) -> i use gimp 2.0 program(dds to psd) -> adobe photoshop cs4(fix texture pics ) ->Easy2Convert PSD to DDS -> texture tool(swap)
however, the problem occurred as a picture.

what is the problem? i want to find the problem but, i can not find the cause.

i want to help.
give me help. T .T

Attachments

• 1.png
    1.png
    824.1 KB · Views: 4,131
  • 2.png
    2.png
    293.2 KB · Views: 3,845
  • 3.png
    3.png
    316.4 KB · Views: 4,610
  • Kasumi_ShortSchool.jpg
    Kasumi_ShortSchool.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 13,121

ChrisArmoun

hello. I have a question.
i want a short skirt ayane.
The problem you're having is a lack of a built in transparency layer on Ayane's skirt. There's a few item's in the game that have them, hair being the most common, but many don't. Looking at the image's you provided, you can see that the dds is only a DXT1, which doesn't have an alpha layer or sub levels. As a result, any adjustment to the png will have no physical effects, only the blacked out area you see.

Last edited:
I don't know if anyone will find this interesting or want to give it a try but I am making it available for download if somebody does.

This is my texture pack for Street 1, 2, Primal, and flow.

I have made new higher resolution textures, ranging from 400 to 800 percent higher, for most of the textures in these stages. It was my goal to try and keep the new texture as close to the original in order to keep the original feel of the stages. The only two textures that are vastly different are both found in Street 1. The sky texture is now a blue sky instead of hazy gray and Maxwells gym has a yellow brick texture instead of a very bland gray brick. Both of the changes were done to give the stage a bit of color as the original was very bland and lacking any real life.

My texture mod is very easy to install and works through GeDoSaTo not Umod. The reason for this is plain and simply GeDoSaTo is much better than Umod. GeDoSaTo will not bog down or make the game studder if you change more than one texture. With GeDoSaTo you can change every texture in the game without a problem. You can also use GeDoSaTo and Umod at the same time if you have other mods that unfortunately require Umod.

Here are a just few comparison picture of a few of the modified textures.
Flow.jpg
Jungle.jpg
Street 1.jpg
street 2.jpg

LastRound00066.jpg

If you would like to see more there are a lot more screenshots along with the actual texture mod for download on my OneDrive here.

http://1drv.ms/1Ps2a7F

If anyone wants to change, edit or add to any of my texture for your own mods feel free to do so.

Icarus

Guys. I lost power in the middle of making the DLC pack. I don't want to start from scratch, it will take forever and I don't want to keep you waiting, so I guess I'm going to have to make it in parts. It already has a lot of costumes, so you should be fine. Expect a download shortly.

I don't know if anyone will find this interesting or want to give it a try but I am making it available for download if somebody does.

This is my texture pack for Street 1, 2, Primal, and flow.

I have made new higher resolution textures, ranging from 400 to 800 percent higher, for most of the textures in these stages. It was my goal to try and keep the new texture as close to the original in order to keep the original feel of the stages. The only two textures that are vastly different are both found in Street 1. The sky texture is now a blue sky instead of hazy gray and Maxwells gym has a yellow brick texture instead of a very bland gray brick. Both of the changes were done to give the stage a bit of color as the original was very bland and lacking any real life.

My texture mod is very easy to install and works through GeDoSaTo not Umod. The reason for this is plain and simply GeDoSaTo is much better than Umod. GeDoSaTo will not bog down or make the game studder if you change more than one texture. With GeDoSaTo you can change every texture in the game without a problem. You can also use GeDoSaTo and Umod at the same time if you have other mods that unfortunately require Umod.

Here are a just few comparison picture of a few of the modified textures.
View attachment 11248 View attachment 11249 View attachment 11250 View attachment 11251

View attachment 11252

If you would like to see more there are a lot more screenshots along with the actual texture mod for download on my OneDrive here.

http://1drv.ms/1Ps2a7F

If anyone wants to change, edit or add to any of my texture for your own mods feel free to do so.

Love it! We need more brave people like you to undertake such improvements!

Now... where's that GeDoSaTo tutorial? I'll look it up.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD