TGS announcement:DOA6 coming out in FEB 15 2019,and honoka,marie,ayane,bayman show up

PJudge

sorry to kasumi fans but,yeah you are god damn right

only few slots left now,meanwhile there are only 25 slots,if KT dare to delete tina or mila,I'm gonna mad:eek:
I'd like to hope they don't push Tina or Mila to the dlc route, especially Tina. Mila was also a new fighting style for DOA5, which I would think would make her a keeper. My man Leon, however, may be cursed to the DLC queue forever now :(

KwonJigglypuff

So the line-up tour trailer was some sort of teaser ?

Do you guys expect a new character during "real" TGS ? (in 8 days)
When do you think we'll have gameplay footage of Ayane, Bayman, Marie and Honoka ?
Is the website going to update soon ?

Pn33milan

sorry to kasumi fans but,yeah you are god damn right

only few slots left now,meanwhile there are only 25 slots,if KT dare to delete tina or mila,I'm gonna mad:eek:

I'm a Kasumi fan and I'm glad that Alpha is gone.
She was never fun to play. She was just a noob-friendly character, balanced in a way completely different from other characters.
Not to mention she didn't have any personality or stuff like that.

I'm sorry for fans, but she was on top of my list of characters to remove

KwonJigglypuff

Since Kasumi has been reworked to kind of function the way Phase 4 did in DOA5, I hope Phase 4 won't just be DOA6 Kasumi with smokey effects.
I'm all for her inheriting Alpha 152 moves (especially that 9K and all the throws which look cool).

That would really make P4 a devastating fighter. A real boss.

Pn33milan

Me too, when I saw Kasumi's new moves, I imagined Phase 4 wouldn't be in the game.
But anyway, I never really thought Kasumi would have inherited everything in her fighting style. I kept my hopes low

However, I was ok with her being DLC, or in the game, for that matter. I never hated Phase 4.
I was just sure that she would have been among the last characters to be revealed, because she still had the same model and assets as Kasumi.
I mean, announcing her in the base roster, before characters like Tina and Kokoro or anyone else, would have pissed off a lot of people

If Phase 4 gets some of Alpha's moves, I'm ok with that. I just hope she doesn't play the same.
That would be a real waste -_-

GarryJaune

I'm a Kasumi fan and I'm glad that Alpha is gone.
She was never fun to play. She was just a noob-friendly character, balanced in a way completely different from other characters.
Not to mention she didn't have any personality or stuff like that.

I'm sorry for fans, but she was on top of my list of characters to remove
lol noob-friendly character design is fine to me though.but it has to be reasonable.like hayate ,like hitomi etc.
my point is ,alpha literally brokes this game.she's out this games system,which really fuck things up,on defensive side.well every alpha players(no offence)do not defend.because they can just use 7P escapping everything in big maps.basically in close range they just pick 7K 3H 4P one of them randomly to guess.on the offensive side,well I think we all know how impossible to defend alpha's moves,no matter OH or punch kicks or CB setups
so,my point is,this character ruins new doa player's career,misleading them to such a wrong way to PLAY DOA seriously,and easily made them think DOA is a superficial fighting game(trust me a new player who pick alpha always wins more in early games,like you said,noob friendly)which is NOT.
That is why I hope KT remove alpha
sorry,alpha fans;)

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
sorry,alpha fans;)

You should be. I find it funny that Alpha gets dismantled for being n00b friendly, when it's always the people that get destroyed by her that say it. She has very few moves, and people know that her BURST exists and have seen her for years. She's also represented by Bladez and he whoops ass with Helena and Eliot too. Does that make you more accepting of the character? If you can't even get up off the ground a 50% throw seems fair to me, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!

Pn33milan

Of course, I said noob-friendly just not to get too much in the technical field, which you took care of ;)

The point is exactly what you said: a misleading beginner character, full of bad habits

And no, i have never had bad memories against alpha players. She's very easy to predict and fight against. And not everybody out there is Xcaliburbladez -_-
I've nothing against Alpha players, it's just that I think Alpha is an universally different character in the DOA context.

I, for sure, would feel better if she was not in the game.
Or, anyway, I can safely say there are MANY other characters who would take the priority over her

Last edited:

deathofaninja

Premium Donor
News Team
<--- Look at that poor face!

Bad habits are opinions so mine to others would be relying on WUK's -- I also think the flow of Alpha is far more playable by design than Kasumi. Kasumi requires a lot of tricks and mix-ups, big strings for little pay-off. I find getting no damage boring. I find taking away half your health in one throw very exciting. RUSH, BURST, BREAK = Flow if I had it my way Alpha's 7K from vanilla would still be in, she would not be banned and you would all like it. :ninja:

just_me

Standard Donor
I'm really glad Honoka is back as part of the base roster. Can't wait to see what moves she'll steal next.

I was kinda hoping she'd steal some signature moves from other games (don't think you can get in legal trouble for that and Zack already has a Blanka Roll). Just some moves for her glowy hand… Ninja Cannon, Shoryuken, EWGF, some projectile… stuff like that. But that seems to be a pipe dream XD

Last edited:

Pn33milan

<--- Look at that poor face!

Bad habits are opinions so mine to others would be relying on WUK's -- I also think the flow of Alpha is far more playable by design than Kasumi. Kasumi requires a lot of tricks and mix-ups, big strings for little pay-off. I find getting no damage boring. I find taking away half your health in one throw very exciting. RUSH, BURST, BREAK = Flow if I had it my way Alpha's 7K from vanilla would still be in, she would not be banned and you would all like it. :ninja:

Ok, at this point let's just say i don't care if they bring her back or not -_-

My last point is: one thing is to be different, another one is to be unorthodox.
I'm ok with Alpha filling a niche and playing differently than other characters, but i'd rather have somebody else doing other quirky stuff. Not just her.

There are many different classes of fighters in other games, like tekken: those who prefer poking, counter-hitting, who has long and flashy combos, grapplers, heavy-hitters, combo-heavy characters etc.
Heck, they even added characters for those who come from 2d games!
But i don't see "completely different" characters, like Alpha in DOA (that may be just me, it's a little hard to explain).
I only see the bears, at best. Who, no surprise, are low-tier and heavily disregarded by the community. Just saying.

Again, I don't say "Alpha is trash, because she's different", i'm just trying to say that, as long as she keeps being the only one who tries to "break tradition" so heavily, then that MAY be the reason why most of the community doesn't like her.

Again, this may just be my opinion. I may be only one thinking this. Tell what you think

GarryJaune

You should be. I find it funny that Alpha gets dismantled for being n00b friendly, when it's always the people that get destroyed by her that say it. She has very few moves, and people know that her BURST exists and have seen her for years. She's also represented by Bladez and he whoops ass with Helena and Eliot too. Does that make you more accepting of the character? If you can't even get up off the ground a 50% throw seems fair to me, and that's just the tip of the iceberg!
lol nah I'm totally fine with the character because when she forced into corner,she's so dead,or just cherry pick kasumi,christie etc,anyway alpha never ever really damaged this game's balance in real matches,she's NOT OP in most cases(maybe in dojo map she's a little kinda OP though )
SO...that's not my point
My point is this very character is actually forced other players deal with her particularly,but to new players,this particular is harmful to their DOA careers,no matter to alpha players,or to alpha's opponent.not just WUKs games,it is associate with many DOA mind games which are really deep in this beautiful fighting game

indeed she's fun to play,head bomb throw,3 meters reach OH,3 kinds CB moves give her abilities to end opponent quickly
or lose quickly lol:p

Last edited:

Pn33milan

But in fact I never said she's OP.
I have way more troubles fighting Hayabusa or Helena, just to make some examples.

I was just trying to find out a possible reason why she may not be considered for the base roster.
Why many people could not mind her exclusion

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
nice release date, but its so close to kh3, still going get this though lol. definitely the deluxe though. i prefer having all characters lol

Pn33milan

Me too, in fact i'm probably going to pre-order it.

But, until they unveil all of the content, i doubt i'll get the deluxe edition.
If that's going to be only for phase 4, then i'll probably wait for her to be dlc

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
that's thing i want to know how much the dlc is going to cost individually if the price is high then might aswell get the deluxe.

The 4th phase

Standard Donor
its only 26 dollars (cdn) difference between the price of both versions.

most likely going to get the deluxe then. its probably close to 10 dollars per character for me via conversion rate.

Pn33milan

Well, here in Europe I can practically confirm that they tend to change dollars for euros 1-1. 6 dollars magically become 6 euros -_-

Anyway, i prefer to wait for her to be dlc. Right now, i don't care about costumes and music. Especially if i still don't know exactly what they are

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD