DOA5LR TGS interviews

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Does this not bother anyone else?

He's referring to tech roll the explosion, which is something that was always possible in the Danger Zone area of all DOA1 stages.

The only difference I see between this stage and DOA1 is that Throws don't cause the opponent to pop back up if thrown into it, but that may just be move specific or a detail they haven't gotten around to setting up yet due to the early demo.

I do like the stage transition explosion and do not think that's techable.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

Nyotengu's profile says, she came to DOA, to avenge Tengu for being killed. It would make absolutely no sense, to have Tengu now back in the roster again. Yes, even less sense than usual. XD

I thought he could come back as non canon but from what you said then probrably not.

Guess the only other living returning male is Shiden, but would people really be happy to see him though?

Kronin

I thought he could come back as non canon but from what you said then probrably not.

Remember that in DoA2 Bayman replaced Leon but later Team NINJA brought back the Italian mercenary as basically a clone of Bayman (even if technically it was the opposite), so... EDIT: Sorry, of course I wanted say the opposite, is Leon that replaced Bayman: however the reasoning remain valid.

However I agree that Bankotsubo should return only with a different moveset from Nyotengu but this would go against the purpose of the character...

Also, sorry @Leifang200 if I return on the matter, but I would be glad if you could translate what exactly say Hayashi here, please (only the extract that I posted, not all the interview):

――それは重要ですね(笑) ちなみにLast Roundというからには、これが『DEAD OR ALIVE5』のラスト作となり、次回作は『DEAD OR ALIVE6』になるのでしょうか?

早矢仕:Last Roundと名づけたのは開発の意思でもあるので、5としてはこれを最後と思って作っています。次回作はPS4へとよりフォーカスした形で展開していく予定です。

――最後に、ファンの皆さんに一言お願いいたします。

早矢仕:『DEAD OR ALIVE』シリーズは多くのユーザーの皆様に楽しんでいただけるものを次世代機に展開していきたいと思っています。また、PS3で遊びたい方にもアップ デート版をご用意する予定です。『DEAD OR ALIVE5』という世界に好きなハードで好きな入り方をしていただければと思っています。Last Roundは来年の春発売なので、楽しみにお待ちください!

Source of the extract: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/09/20/80748.html

Last edited:

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
No worries.

DOA 3 so far has been the only game where they were both in story mode. I think Team Ninja just couldn't think of any real reason for Leon to be involved. His story in DOA 3 was pretty much the same as DOA 2.

Kronin

No worries.

DOA 3 so far has been the only game where they were both in story mode. I think Team Ninja just couldn't think of any real reason for Leon to be involved. His story in DOA 3 was pretty much the same as DOA 2.

The treatment given to Leon in DoA5U (from the trailer to the unique victory pose of Bayman) seems hint that he will return to be related in the story mode of the next games with a tie with the Russian assassin: apparently TN like the rivalry between the two characters that the fan brought back during their requests for Leon.

Rikuto

P-P-P-P-P-P-POWER!
Those poses, and quotes, are pretty much all left-overs from DOA 3. They've always had the rivalry thing going on, but they've never bothered to pursue it.

Kronin

Those poses, and quotes, are pretty much all left-overs from DOA 3. They've always had the rivalry thing going on, but they've never bothered to pursue it.

I agree, but my point was that Leon's return gave me the impression to be promoted through Bayman in the trailers for the 5U release, more in the game the characters having unique poses are very few and so seemed to me worthy of note that just Bayamn ended to get a similar thing.

I know that there is very few material as basis for Leon's development, but I believe that TN wish to make good use of it in the plot of the next games. Of course these are just my 2 cents and I could be wrong.

Leifang2000

Another "new" interview (I will only translate the new part with new info, any untranslated ones are just repeat of other interview or not important.):
http://www.gamer.ne.jp/news/201409210011/

---Really, the skin texture feel like they have been Power up.
Hayashi: Yes, we are improving that part day and night.
Of course, the male's muscle hardness become easily seen, imagine how the male characters will become more attractive to look.
----Any new gameplay element?
Hayashi: Adding 5 new characters (I think he meant 2 new over the 3 added in DOA5U). New stages will be added. Of course new hairstyle and new costumes. Because it is name as "Last Round" , as a point up till now, the collection of all the best in Dead or Alive, many things would like to be added. The title means a horrifying scale.

---Can PS3 and PS4 play with each other?
Hayashi: Sorry, that kind of cross play cannot be done. If there were PS4, XboxOne crossplay The settings like that will become unavoidable. But DLC on the same platform can be inherited from PS3 to PS4, and Xbox360 to XboxOne.

Leifang2000

Also, yet another "new" interview about the male characters.
http://game.watch.impress.co.jp/docs/news/20140922_667904.html

---The beauty of the body muscle in male characters also become more
Hayashi: Actually, the soft engine is also used on male characters.
Male will have sweat right? The skin will look more toned, look and feel more stiff.
Having more texture. Just didn't say it as "Muscle Engine", that's "Soft Engine" (Laugh)

Remember that in DoA2 Bayman replaced Leon but later Team NINJA brought back the Italian mercenary as basically a clone of Bayman (even if technically it was the opposite), so... EDIT: Sorry, of course I wanted say the opposite, is Leon that replaced Bayman: however the reasoning remain valid.

However I agree that Bankotsubo should return only with a different moveset from Nyotengu but this would go against the purpose of the character...

Also, sorry @Leifang200 if I return on the matter, but I would be glad if you could translate what exactly say Hayashi here, please (only the extract that I posted, not all the interview):

――それは重要ですね(笑) ちなみにLast Roundというからには、これが『DEAD OR ALIVE5』のラスト作となり、次回作は『DEAD OR ALIVE6』になるのでしょうか?

早矢仕:Last Roundと名づけたのは開発の意思でもあるので、5としてはこれを最後と思って作っています。次回作はPS4へとよりフォーカスした形で展開していく予定です。

――最後に、ファンの皆さんに一言お願いいたします。

早矢仕:『DEAD OR ALIVE』シリーズは多くのユーザーの皆様に楽しんでいただけるものを次世代機に展開していきたいと思っています。また、PS3で遊びたい方にもアップ デート版をご用意する予定です。『DEAD OR ALIVE5』という世界に好きなハードで好きな入り方をしていただければと思っています。Last Roundは来年の春発売なので、楽しみにお待ちください!

Source of the extract: http://www.inside-games.jp/article/2014/09/20/80748.html
Nothing new that haven't been translated or said at other interview.
Almost everyone asked what's next after DOA5, will there be 6. That answer is already translated in earlier post.

Last edited:

gnooz

The treatment given to Leon in DoA5U (from the trailer to the unique victory pose of Bayman) seems hint that he will return to be related in the story mode of the next games with a tie with the Russian assassin: apparently TN like the rivalry between the two characters that the fan brought back during their requests for Leon.

I hope they will make him more unique at least give him different stance! They gave Phase 4 (Kasumi's clone) different stance why not to Leon?! I am not interested Bayman and Leon deeply but don't want to see them as twin. They are exactly same two grappler really waste we don't have legit male characters Rig added some fresh air. How boring I can't find a male character appealing to me except Brad.

gnooz

^ I'm pretty sure both of them changed over time gameplay-wise so they can't be exactly the same.

Bayman and Leon play completely differently. I haven't heard the "they are the same character" line in ages, and it usually comes from people who don't even attempt to learn them.

Hell, you would find more in common with Hayate and Ein.

OK. You guys know a lot :) Their stance are same and they are grapplers other details don't bother me.

Aven Kujo-Gin

OK. You guys know a lot :) Their stance are same and they are grapplers other details don't bother me.
It is it true that they play completely different. But they share a lot of animations in throws, attacks, and even in tag animations(Intro, outros, tag throws) which really bothers me.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

To go back to the collab, I don't think it'll be torn clothing. If that was the case then I don't think a collaboration between both games would even be necessary if that was the case.

I think it'll be a Senran Kagura Fighting Game made by TN and Senran Kagura costumes for DOA. Saw some users on gamefaqs say this, I think that would make the most sense.

Emmanuel

@Emmanuel: No one talked of upgrade, so I don't believe that this will happen. Anyway it was confirmed that 5LR will be available even on Xbox 360 and PS3 (only digital version) for $29.99

well at least it's just 30 bucks wich is not really that much money specially since i had on mind a 20 bucks price (if this were a patch) so it's no really that much more that i though specially for 2 new characters, 300 costumes ( i don't really know how much were in the ultimate version by default) , new hair styles and i guess it would´ve more trophies hopefully like every new update. Thanks.

Last edited:

synce

^ According to wikipedia DOA5U had 230 costumes, so I guess they're bundling their 70 worst selling ones (ie, no bikinis etc)

I read somewhere that they're considering offering an upgrade option to 5U owners. It was apparently said during the madcatz stream but I must've not heard it. Sometimes commentators were talking over TN

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD