The 360 Pad (Controller) Thread

Omegan Eckhart

You wont beat this, price is pretty steep though.

B0063BCQ1Q_mlg_x360_sidebar_top.jpg

You can switch the D-Pad and Analog Stick positions so it looks like a PS3 controller or an Xbox controller depending on your preference.

UK Store
http://store.gameshark.net/Major_League_Gaming_Pro_Circuit_Controller_for_Xbox_360/5145/327

US Store
http://store.gameshark.com/viewItem.asp?idProduct=5269&idCategory=413

Raansu

If you could swap out the cable and use the controller on both systems I would pick it up, but as is...The damn thing is too expensive.

Omegan Eckhart

If you could swap out the cable and use the controller on both systems I would pick it up, but as is...The damn thing is too expensive.

Yeah that would ideal, it's a shame it's priced so high. It's a really good controller but who want's to pay that much.

Plus I just checked out the conversion rate and $100 is like £63.50 right now, so fuck paying £90 for the same product here in the UK!

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Yeah that would ideal, it's a shame it's priced so high. It's a really good controller but who want's to pay that much.

Plus I just checked out the conversion rate and $100 is like £63.50 right now, so fuck paying £90 for the same product here in the UK!

Factor in the high shipping and import costs to get it from the US > UK and you're just about at the £90 mark.

Allan Paris

I like that MLG Pro Circuit Controller. Too much for me to spend on a controller as well, with the current funds I have. Also, I am not a fan of the plus d-pad but, anything is better than the 360 circular pad. Hopefully I can come into some extra money to get it.

Blackburry

Standard Donor
The price is very steep. I was also considering making the purchase, but it is a shame that is doesn't come dual modded out the box. I do know of a good converter that I have used in tournament that is 360 to PS3.

MeanMrMustard

Hey guys, just wanted your opinion on these xbox controllers:
http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-360-Silv...346924896&sr=1-4&keywords=xbox+360+controller

Are the DPads good on these, or will I pretty much get the same performance out of an original controller.

I was also thinking of either getting a converter to use a PS2 controller or a Madcatz fightpad to reach parity with the PS3 version so just in case tournaments are held on PS3 I'm using the same input. If anyone has any experience with the twisting DPad MS controllers I'd appreciate it.

Raansu

Not the best in the world but the dpad on the new silver controller is 10x better than the original. Just never ever twist it up into the + position. While inputs are amazing...you will sadly go through a billion controllers doing that as the dpad will literally snap right off. I went through two before I gave up and just left it in the circular position. Despite that it's still better lol.

IMG_0635.jpg

Chaos

I had tried it before at my friend's house, I think its one of best controller out there. But my friend told me his silver controller was acting funny, which is weird because he didn't have it for that long and he knows how to take care of his games & the controllers very well just like me.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
Not the best in the world but the dpad on the new silver controller is 10x better than the original. Just never ever twist it up into the + position. While inputs are amazing...you will sadly go through a billion controllers doing that as the dpad will literally snap right off. I went through two before I gave up and just left it in the circular position. Despite that it's still better lol.

Wow, really? I play in the + position and had two of them pop out during a fight. I didn't know that it was because the Dpad was in the + position though. I just though it was a fragile Dpad.

I should really keep it in the disc position then, huh? That sucks. I don't like the disc position.

Raansu

Wow, really? I play in the + position and had two of them pop out during a fight. I didn't know that it was because the Dpad was in the + position though. I just though it was a fragile Dpad.

I should really keep it in the disc position then, huh? That sucks. I don't like the disc position.

It sits on like a stick when in the + position so all those mashing movements puts stress on it because its just glued down in the middle. So yeah it is fragile in the + position lol. I hate having it in twisted down into the circular position as well but it's still better than the original dpads. I used to use a hori controller but they stopped making the one i liked years ago which is a shame because it was the best damn dpad I could ever find on the 360 and mine broke from uh "accidentally slamming into the wall when playing DoA4"

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
It sits on like a stick when in the + position so all those mashing movements puts stress on it because its just glued down in the middle. So yeah it is fragile in the + position lol. I hate having it in twisted down into the circular position as well but it's still better than the original dpads. I used to use a hori controller but they stopped making the one i liked years ago which is a shame because it was the best damn dpad I could ever find on the 360 and mine broke from uh "accidentally slamming into the wall when playing DoA4"

Good to know, thanks. I'll try to play in the disc position from now on then.

AegisOrnus

Good to know, thanks. I'll try to play in the disc position from now on then.
I'd even be careful doing that much. I never played with mine in a raised position and I had the plus, spring, and inner disc pop out of the controller into my face and I wasn't even using the thing. It's just not competently built at all. Apparently no one complains to MS directly though. Bluff or not, they told me it breaking was on me since they don't have any reports of these controllers being faulty so they wouldn't help me acquire another.

Raansu

I'd even be careful doing that much. I never played with mine in a raised position and I had the plus, spring, and inner disc pop out of the controller into my face and I wasn't even using the thing. It's just not competently built at all. Apparently no one complains to MS directly though. Bluff or not, they told me it breaking was on me since they don't have any reports of these controllers being faulty so they wouldn't help me acquire another.

Really? When my first one broke I made a thread about it on the xbox forums. Wasn't complaining or anything, just simply asking a question if others had a similar issue. I got a pm from a MS rep and told me to send it in to the address they gave me and I got it replaced for free. For some reason I didn't bother the second time it broke and I just bought a new one and left it in the circular position and its been fine since I bought it like over a year ago.

Raansu

So. Lame... Was it within warranty?

*shrug* I dunno to be honest lol. Probably since it was only like 3 weeks old.

I wasn't asking for a replacement or anything though. Was just asking a question. Like I said, I got a pm from some MS rep (said developer or something on top of his gamer tag icon. You know those special text and icons reps get on their tags on the forums) and he told me to ship it to the address he gave me and they replaced it for free. I don't even remember what the message said completely but it was along the lines of he worked in the design development of the controller or something and he wanted me to send in the broken controller. So I did and a week later i got a brand new one lol.

I wonder if that thread is still around. Probably not since they have redone their forums (for the worst, ugh the new design is terrible.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD