The Art of Tenjimon: Kasumi's Combos/Juggles

Shade

But if you get a counter 3K, it's a good tool to get out of the pressure and do a very damaging combo, because that in CH is +8 (if I remember well, but I think it's +12, I'll edit this when I verify)

I mean you're at +16 on CH after 3k with fastest SE. And there's no doubt you can set up some combos afterwards. But, previously with the wall slam, you didn't have to worry your opponent holding afterwards. Now you do.Which is never a good thing

Murakame

finally sat down and actually practiced with the patch. the loss of a good guaranteed launcher after 4H+K and wall slam 3k reealllly hurts lol

3H+K was indeed the best followup to 4H+K IMO. As of right now Kasumi can still get a guaranteed launch off 4H+K if it pushes her to the threshold. She can use 3P to launch and get a PP7K P+K juggle.

If the threshold is not reached something I like to do is a mixup launch between 4PK and 4PP. 4P is guaranteed so they only have one shot to avoid the launcher. 4PK can be followed by PKK7K P+K while 4PP can be followed by PP7K P+K and other small juggles. The damage values are lower than what she had after a 3H+K launch but with the 30 point health reduction it balances out. (Average damage I'm getting from the followups I mentioned are 93 - 112)

As for the loss of 3K I agree. Kasumi has many moves that wall slam but most are either 2 part moves (6PP, 6PK etc) or have to be set up vs slow escaping opponents (9K, 3H+K). She has a other ways to slam you against the wall but those are all highs which i dislike due to them being avoidable by both high and low holds. 3K was so great because it was just waiting for you to input it at a wall to get that damage lol. It didn't even need to be set up. You just needed a stun and you could throw it out at any point lol.

@ Erick can you post a video of that combo connecting? The 7K whiffs completely.

DOAFan

Hello~
I'm new here and have a (Maybe for you stupid) question:
Could one of you explain me what all of theese 66K things are meaning everytime when I'm searching for combos I only find combos written like that: 4PK 66P 4H+K PKK7K 6P+K KK
How do I know which number is which move and everything?? Thanks for answers! :3

DOAFan

Numbers equal directions on a telephone key pad so 66k means forward forward kick
Ah okay thank you but I still don't really get how the combo I wrote (4PK 66P 4H+K PKK7K 6P+K KK) would look like... I'm sorry I just don't really get this kind of writing... ^^;

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Ah okay thank you but I still don't really get how the combo I wrote (4PK 66P 4H+K PKK7K 6P+K KK) would look like... I'm sorry I just don't really get this kind of writing... ^^;

Hopefully this is easier to understand:

:4::P::K:, :6::6::P:, :4::H+K:, :P::K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K: :K::K:

If you have trouble, I suggest breaking it down piece by piece (e.g. as separated by the commas). Once you develop the muscle memory and have the timing down it should be relatively easy. Hope that helps!

DOAFan

Hopefully this is easier to understand:

4PK , 66P , 4H+K , PKK7K , 6P+K KK

:4::P::K:, :6::6::P:, :4::H+K:, :P::K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K: :K::K:

If you have trouble, I suggest breaking it down piece by piece (e.g. as separated by the commas). Once you develop the muscle memory and have the timing down it should be relatively easy. Hope that helps!
Yay thank you this makes it a lot easier! ^3^ But could it be that :4::P::K: won't work because Kasumi doesn't do something with a kick after her <--P move? Or did I just never tried it? x3

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Yay thank you this makes it a lot easier! ^3^ But could it be that :4::P::K: won't work because Kasumi doesn't do something with a kick after her <--P move? Or did I just never tried it? x3

Give it a try :) She'll throw a flying knee after the :4::P:. It's the move that starts at 1:21 here:

Please note that in the video :4::P::K::K: is done. In the combo above, you're only hitting :K: once so that only one knee lands--so that you can land the rest of the juggle.

DOAFan

Give it a try :) She'll throw a flying knee after the :4::P:. It's the move that starts at 1:21 here:

Please note that in the video :4::P::K::K: is done. In the combo above, you're only hitting :K: once so that only one knee lands--so that you can land the rest of the juggle.
Oh gosh lol sorry I'm soo stupid I'm always using that move but totally forgot it right now xD lols Thank you! :D
See? I'm even using it here! x3

KuRuPt

Premium Donor
Oh gosh lol sorry I'm soo stupid I'm always using that move but totally forgot it right now xD lols Thank you! :D See? I'm even using it here! x3

No problem! I know I sometimes forget what the inputs translate to on screen. Having a Kasumi combo video with the input notations annotated to the screen would certainly be nice. :)

DOAFan

No problem! I know I sometimes forget what the inputs translate to on screen. Having a Kasumi combo video with the input notations annotated to the screen would certainly be nice. :)
Hmm? Are you speaking of my somehow combo vid? :) I should have turned them on then but somehow forgot that x3 Or do you mean this fight against Kokoro? :3

Allan Paris

Hello~
I'm new here and have a (Maybe for you stupid) question:
Could one of you explain me what all of theese 66K things are meaning everytime when I'm searching for combos I only find combos written like that: 4PK 66P 4H+K PKK7K 6P+K KK
How do I know which number is which move and everything?? Thanks for answers! :3

http://freestepdodge.com/wiki/dead-or-alive-terminology/

http://freestepdodge.com/threads/letters-and-numbers.390/

I know it was just explained to you but these two sources give an in-depth explanation of it. You can also learn how to translate it yourself when you see numeric combo/juggle typed out. Doing the exercise for the characters you play with will also help out this process, you'll be more familiar with the moves you are using.

DOAFan

Koompbala

I didn't come in here to bitch and moan. I got no internet at home so if I'm on doa its training. Kasumi's combos are pretty much covered in here. One that didn't see much is her :236: :H+P: against a wall. The one I do is 71, 89, 104 on NH, CH, HCH it is as follows

236 H+P, K, 33P, 2P, PKK7K

The last K of PKKK does 1 more dmg tha the 7K but the opponent falls to fast for the last K so you gotta end it with the 7K. Oh one last thing this works on Gen Fu and below. The 2 fatties of the game got one thats 66, 82, 95 NH, CH, HCH its

236 H+P K, 6P,H, PKKK

Numbers equal directions on a telephone key pad so 66k means forward forward kick

People who say this bothers me cause I heard this many times before and its simply not true. 123 is at the top of a phone that's not how number system works. 1=db not ub the number system is like the number pad on a keyboard. I realize how old this post is and the problem was solved still had to say something

SchwarzPhy

Here's a combo I found :H+K:, :6::6::P:, :4::H+K:, :K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K:, :P+K:
It works on lights and mid weights. 102 damage
on heavys do :P::K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K:, :K::K: after the :4::H+K: for 95 damage.
Guaranteed after :4::H+K: .

DOAFan

Here's a combo I found :H+K:, :6::6::P:, :4::H+K:, :K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K:, :P+K:
on heavys do :P::K::K::7::K:, :6::P+K:, :K::K: after the :4::H+K: for 95 damage.
Guaranteed after :4::H+K: .
Ah yes I know this kind of combo you could also do it with her 66T but that does a little bit less damage. But I've never tried to do a P+K after the -->P+K Thanks! c:

ErickBello

A combo:
:4::P::P::5::4::K::K::5::2::P::5::4::P::K::F::7::K::~::P+K:
9 Hits. Damage: 115. Leaves you at +9 and it force teches. For Feather, Light, Middle and Cruiser weight.
The Heavyweight variation:
:4::P::P::5::4::K::K::5::2::P::5::P::P::7::K::~::P+K:
9 Hits. Damage: 110. Leaves you at +17

It's not SEable because of 4PP, sort of useless, but it's nice to have some combo options.

DOAFan

A combo:
:4::P::P::5::4::K::K::5::2::P::5::4::P::K::F::7::K::~::P+K:
9 Hits. Damage: 115. Leaves you at +9 and it force teches. For Feather, Light, Middle and Cruiser weight.
The Heavyweight variation:
:4::P::P::5::4::K::K::5::2::P::5::P::P::7::K::~::P+K:
9 Hits. Damage: 110. Leaves you at +17

It's not SEable because of 4PP, sort of useless, but it's nice to have some combo options.

Thanks I never tried to do the 4PP move before her 4KK move! I'll try theese soon! :3

SchwarzPhy

lol I just realized I didn't post that right, after the :6::P+K: do :P::P::7::K:, :P+K: and a few days ago I realized that you can do :P::P::6::P::6::K::K: for a little more damage

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD