The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
So nothing of interest?

That's not what I said, lol. I'm a little disappointed though, I have to say... Lotsa great games, shown really fast, most of them releasing 2018 though... And some games completely left out that I thought would be shown. The Last of us Part II?

The one game that floored me was:

Jadeinchains

Okay so I'm excited for Uncharted and the Horizon dlc and I liked the look of Detroit a bit too. The rest though to be honest didn't really interest me though Spider man was cool too. Sadly though I didn't get my REmake 2 reveal lol, Maybe at TGS?

So I think the final conference of E3 now is Nintendo's at 5pm today. ( well my time at least )

Last edited:

Argentus

That's not what I said, lol. I'm a little disappointed though, I have to say... Lotsa great games, shown really fast, most of them releasing 2018 though... And some games completely left out that I thought would be shown. The Last of us Part II?

The one game that floored me was:

fuck I gotta buy that game a THIRD time?!

I mean of course I will and I'll love it, same deal with Kingdom hearts being re-re-re-released on PS4.

*clicks play*

Oh fuck its an actual Crash Trilogy style remake, not just an HD port like kingdom hearts! Right on!
Okay so I'm excited for Uncharted and the Horizon dlc and I liked the look of Detroit a bit too. The rest though to be honest didn't really interest me though Spider man was cool too. Sadly though I didn't get my REmake 2 reveal lol, Maybe at TGS?

So I think the final conference of E3 now is Nintendo's at 5pm today. ( well my time at least )
On a RE2make, I honestly will gloss right over that shit unless it actually incorporates all the later content like what Outbreak, RE3, ORC, and future games added to the lore, setting, and backstory of the Raccoon City Incident. Remember, its a REMAKE, not an HD Port. The first REMake overhauled stuff to accomodate the lore of the later games to fit all together as well.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Oh my goodness....you guys see this shit??

IMG_20170612_221722.jpg

This is a screenshot of Chun li from the marvel vs capcom game.... here's what some people thought

Screenshot_20170612-221733.png

It looks like someone ported her SFV game model into GTA San Andreas

Argentus

Oh my goodness....you guys see this shit??

View attachment 23423

This is a screenshot of Chun li from the marvel vs capcom game.... here's what some people thought

View attachment 23424
It looks like someone ported her SFV game model into GTA San Andreas

they did a good job on her dress, actually, love the visible texture on there. The face looks like a doll, but that actually fits the art style. Ms Marvel looks like a Barbie doll as well.

Jadeinchains

Oh trust me lol for the remake I want to see LOTS of references to just how much stuff happened in Raccoon City during that week before it's destruction! ;) I want to see J's bar from Outbreak in the background and maybe other cameos of other characters running around. I loved that the first remake completely built on the original with Lisa Trevor and that whole deal. It's the same people making REmake 2 I think I heard so I have faith that they'll do it justice the same way they did for the first one.

@KasumiLover69 the whole time they were showing that game I was just thinking... "wow this is rough" Like it really doesn't look great.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
fuck I gotta buy that game a THIRD time?!

I mean of course I will and I'll love it, same deal with Kingdom hearts being re-re-re-released on PS4.

*clicks play*

Oh fuck its an actual Crash Trilogy style remake, not just an HD port like kingdom hearts! Right on!

It looks absolutely gorgeous, doesn't it? :) Here's the HQ version of the trailer:

My jaw literally dropped when I recognized what game it was. (The only that strong reaction during the conference.) I never played the game, because I never owned a PS2 or PS3. (Is it also out for PS4 as a remaster?) But I know people absolutely adore it and I watched a walkthrough. Magical game! But why 2018 as well here? *sigh*

Argentus

Oh trust me lol for the remake I want to see LOTS of references to just how much stuff happened in Raccoon City during that week before it's destruction! ;) I want to see J's bar from Outbreak in the background and maybe other cameos of other characters running around. I loved that the first remake completely built on the original with Lisa Trevor and that whole deal. It's the same people making REmake 2 I think I heard so I have faith that they'll do it justice the same way they did for the first one.

@KasumiLover69 the whole time they were showing that game I was just thinking... "wow this is rough" Like it really doesn't look great.

yeah. Outbreak has the survivors running around the city, police station, and birkins lab just before Claire/Leon pass through so it'll be nice to see stuff like

Kevin Ryman's locker, gun, and desk in the police station
Hunter claw marks on the doors in Birkin's labs
Adding in the smaller hunters from outbreak wandering around Birkin's lab
Adding in the poison gas vents to the police station, as well as all the guns and ammo just outside the police station from the finale of the RCPD scenario
Seeing Rita riding in the escape van passive Leon and Claire in the squad car as they enter the city
The Tyrant R roaming the city (Umbrella Chronicles established that it was still roaming around after Nyx died until Ada Wong killed it, escaping just as the nuke was dropping.
Visible evidence of Wolfpack passing through killing cops and survivors
Changing the remains of the other 5 tyrants fighting soldiers to how it was depicted in Operation Raccoon City where Echo Six took down 5 Super Tyrants with the railgun

etc etc
It looks absolutely gorgeous, doesn't it? :) Here's the HQ version of the trailer:

My jaw literally dropped when I recognized what game it was. I never played the game, because I never owned a PS2 or PS3. (Is it also out for PS4 as a remaster?) But I know people absolutely adore it and I watched a walkthrough. Magical game! But why 2018 as well here? *sigh*
it actually took me a good while of watching to realize it was a full remake because the original Ps2 version still actually looks insanely good (like Metal Gear Solid 3) due to the hazy art style and visual direction. I only really noticed after realizing Wander is more detailed, and was still kinda wondering until the additional lighting effects when he stabbed the weak point confirmed it.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
That Marvel vs. Capcom game looks terrible, especially the models. Like dead action figures. Well, I guess action figures are supposed to be dead... XD

Jadeinchains

My jaw literally dropped when I recognized what game it was. (The only that strong reaction during the conference.) I never played the game, because I never owned a PS2 or PS3. (Is it also out for PS4 as a remaster?) But I know people absolutely adore it and I watched a walkthrough. Magical game! But why 2018 as well here? *sigh*

Omg yes! :D I was like "is this SOTC?" And then boom! Yep it is, I played it before back on ps2 but didn't really know what I was doing lol so it would be cool to see it again.

The way I'd describe how I went into the Sony conference feeling was I was interested among what we knew for sure in -

Most of all Uncharted and the rumoured Horizon dlc.

And when it ended It was still -

Most of all uncharted and the revealed horizon dlc but thought spider man and Detroit looked cool and I'm kinda interested.

Jadeinchains

... Well anyway I'm going to bed now... Jk. :p

No seriously though its 3.37 am so I probably should. XD

Sony's wasn't as amazing as I was hoping to be honest though I enjoyed seek g more Horizon and uncharted I was hoping for something who king like Remake 2 or something. Still Nintendo's is later today so I'll be hoping there's is good.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD