The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I was disapointed to not see more gameplay or a release date in 2017, but the trailer of God of War was actually very impressive and probably the best looking game of the show:

Juihau

I still don't understand the whole union and non union VA thing..
Workers' unions.

Essentially, SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors' Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the union most union VAs are with) look out for you, with guaranteed health coverage, union lawyers who can handle disputes and negotiate better contracts, generally a more professional environment, so on and so forth. However, they're restricted only to jobs that pay the union's fees. Actors who are not part of SAG-AFTRA do not get any of these benefits, having to pay for their own health coverage and hire their own lawyers, and often aren't paid as well, but generally have more freedom to audition for any role they want.

Since union work is generally much more expensive to hire, a lot of companies (in particular, those dubbing Japanese media) opt not to pay the union fees. Though, that's not to say they work exclusively with non-union actors, as it's relatively well-known that a number of union actors do non-union work under pseudonyms, or simply go uncredited. Because doing this is a breach of union terms, I believe they're generally not able to acknowledge these sorts of roles. This is why, to this day, we still don't know who voices Mila in English, for example.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Workers' unions.

Essentially, SAG-AFTRA (Screen Actors' Guild/American Federation of Television and Radio Artists, the union most union VAs are with) look out for you, with guaranteed health coverage, union lawyers who can handle disputes and negotiate better contracts, generally a more professional environment, so on and so forth. However, they're restricted only to jobs that pay the union's fees. Actors who are not part of SAG-AFTRA do not get any of these benefits, having to pay for their own health coverage and hire their own lawyers, and often aren't paid as well, but generally have more freedom to audition for any role they want.

Since union work is generally much more expensive to hire, a lot of companies (in particular, those dubbing Japanese media) opt not to pay the union fees. Though, that's not to say they work exclusively with non-union actors, as it's relatively well-known that a number of union actors do non-union work under pseudonyms, or simply go uncredited. Because doing this is a breach of union terms, I believe they're generally not able to acknowledge these sorts of roles. This is why, to this day, we still don't know who voices Mila in English, for example.
There must be alot of union VAs in tekken since hardly any of the English VAs get credited. Soul Calibur also does that where they'll tell you the name of the Japanese VAs but omit English ones, we're just now finding out the VAs and it's been years since SC4 and SC5

I'm still hoping that one game I liked yesterday gets an English dub

ShinobiGuy

Holy mother of all that is amazing:

Waking up to this :-O This is all my childhood dreams wrapped up and served on a plate, by MJ. Such fluidity in the moves, such an amazing flow in the game. That banter :) This is really my game of a lifetime (hope for a sequel...)

Bye bye ever getting an Xbox, hello 70" OLED LG Ultra HDR TV by 2018.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
god-of-war-screen-03-ps4-us-12jun17

dcliqlguaaafrueocuhl.jpg

god-of-war-screen-06-ps4-us-12jun17

god-of-war-screen-11-ps4-us-12jun17

dcliqp4umaafig95lu28.jpg

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Will probably be the elusive "James Baker" from revelations 2, she was a decent Claire but a shame about Court... She's so iconic as the role its like replacing David Hayter as Snake

Wow that really sucks, :( Allyson Court pretty much WAS Claire Redfield. She made so much of her personality. The revelations 2 Claire was okay and you could argue that it was because she's older now but I didn't get that funny wit from her as much in it.

This looks amazing but then again back on ps2 it looked incredible as well so I'm not surprised. SOTC is perfect for a HD remake since it just has such a feeling to it with every colossus being so intimidating and imposing.

Jadeinchains

It better not be some crap like oh well here's Jormungandr... and Kratos killed it with just an axe.

Also wasn't Jormungandr so big that he could eat his own tail or something because he stretched across the entire earth? So lol until we see more footage of him we won't know If he's as big as he should be.

Just read the wiki and yep also It says when he releases his tail from his mouth that Ragnarok will happen...

Jadeinchains

Well I don't know about anyone else but I watched Nintendo's conference. They showed a new Kirby game and more of Mario's Odyssey which looked great.

Also they revealed that they are working on Metroid Prime 4. and that they are working on a full rpg style game of pokemon for the switch @Chapstick .

Tyaren

Standard Donor
They've also ruined a true sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, which was easily the best JRPG of the last decade.

They basically rehashed everything from the first game, just a couple of levels cheaper. :/
Well, at least the female lead is a 13 year old with atomic boobs:

2017-06-1319_09_23-xeyqubj.png

2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png

Well done Japan. At least @KasumiLover69 will love it. XD

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
They've also ruined a true sequel to Xenoblade Chronicles, which was easily the best JRPG of the last decade.

They basically rehashed everything from the first game, just a couple of levels cheaper. :/
Well, at least the female lead is a 13 year old with atomic boobs:

2017-06-1319_09_23-xeyqubj.png

2017-06-1319_14_08-xeaesti.png

Well done Japan. At least @KasumiLover69 will love it. XD
The game looks so fun and I love the cute artstyle!! I may really need to invest in a switch console

Jadeinchains

...yeah it looks a damn mess, I noticed the female character too, also attack of the lazy designs of let's jus put her In all pink. Really not a fan of it's art style what so ever.

Pretty crazy considering it barely looks like the original Xenoblade game that you've suggested to me Tyaren.

Jadeinchains

Maybe it will just be a single game like coliseum and they'll go back to DS after that?! I dsont want mainline games on switch either. I hope its just on DS too or is an updated version of Sun and Moon and that's its.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD