3)
937423_20071018_screen026.jpg

4)
dead-or-alive-5-plus-2.jpg

5) "then in the next universe are the NRS games"
34095642533_7b44277d1b_o.png

823.gif
You used my pic! I would rank them:

1) Injustice 2(good character models, environments and shaders and presentation)

2) Tekken 7(crisp solid graphics, environments, and great shaders and wet textures. Very good muscle models)

3)Dead or alive 5(Good hair physics and mostly good cloth textures and very good skin shaders and textures and good female body models. Stages are so so)

4)SFV(models look meh at times but still very solid presentation, good physics and muscle models
Fotor_149902507440049.jpg

(JUST an EXAMPLE)

5)VF5FS(stages are beautiful and good lighting but hair, character models, and some cloth aren't really good or attention grabbing, they seemed to focus more on stage presentation and physics)

Hey....why did you change the aquaman pic @Tyaren ?

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Tragic...The idea that Doa5 isn't the best looking fighting game then + with the idea that SV5?!... Is the best looking fighting game...

latest

Nikotsumi

This thread is pure comedy gold, especially its last pages:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828571

Some expert ranked the most beautiful fighting games like this:

1) "on any platform the best looking fighting game"
24773020613_bea86cdcf5_o.png

2)
DDMyQjpXUAAiVsG

3)

4)

823.gif
I actually read the last few pages of that thread out of curiosity.
Omg, some people there desperately need of a urgent and complete eye examination.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Hey....why did you change the aquaman pic @Tyaren ?

You got me! XD
I thought this looked crisper... I think I need to redo that Aquaman pic.

Tragic...The idea that Doa5 isn't the best looking fighting game then + with the idea that SV5?!... Is the best looking fighting game...

latest

tumblr_inline_okxj0aiksC1ra43cw_500.gif

Maybe they misunderstood order placement and thought 5 was the best and 1 was the worst

I actually read the last few pages of that thread out of curiosity.
Omg, some people there desperately need of a urgent and complete eye examination.

Neogaf isn't what it once was anymore. They now seem to admit anybody... It became a second GameFaqs. :/
Seriously, Virtua Fighter 5 one of the best looking fighting games? Street Fighter V a beauty on all platforms? XD

At first I was fighting with myself to say something or not...but, nah, it's not worth arguing with crazy. XD

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Graphical comparison of the original PS2 and PS4 Pro version of Final Fantasy XII:

Overall a nice update. :)

On Pro FFXII runs in 1440p resolution instead of the 1080p of the base PS4, but for some strange reason this game will not make use of downsampling on 1080p TVs it was reported. If you have a Pro and play the game on a 1080p TV you are locked out of any visual improvements whatsoever and you play the base PS4 version.
I for one will have to boycott this game for this reason. I'm not going to support a game, which doesn't support my PS4 Pro because I am a 1080p TV user. :/
@Chapstick, @ShinobiGuy

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Graphical comparison of the original PS2 and PS4 Pro version of Final Fantasy XII:

Overall a nice update. :)

On Pro FFXII runs in 1440p resolution instead of the 1080p of the base PS4, but for some strange reason this game will not make use of downsampling on 1080p TVs it was reported. If you have a Pro and play the game on a 1080p TV you are locked out of any visual improvements whatsoever and you play the base PS4 version.
I for one will have to boycott this game for this reason. I'm not going to support a game, which doesn't support my PS4 Pro because I am a 1080p TV user. :/
@Chapstick, @ShinobiGuy
I still say Vaan looks better in Dissidia Final Fantasy tho

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I still say Vaan looks better in Dissidia Final Fantasy tho

Because that's obviously a new character model remade from scratch, with ten times the amount of polygons and much better textures and shaders;

maxresdefault.jpg

Vaan.jpg

It has that smooth CGI look to it, instead of the sharp, painted/illustrated look of FFXII:

qUds6.jpg

I personally wished they'd give male faces in Dissidia just a little more roughness and edge. I like pretty faces, but the Dissidia style is just too pretty and generic.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Because that's obviously a new character model remade from scratch, with ten tyimes the amount of polygons and much better textures and shaders;

maxresdefault.jpg

Vaan.jpg

It has that smooth CGI look to it, instead of the sharp, painted look of FFXII:

qUds6.jpg
I really hope DOA6 looks like that, especially in regards to the body and hair...can you imagine how hot Kasumi will look with her upgraded loose hair and ponytail and body and physics from X3? And Eliot would definetly be more beefy too and have better hair and hopefully more ass, I want DOA6 to have this type of look in the game, with added skin pores and sweat and dirty of course

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I really hope DOA6 looks like that, especially in regards to the body and hair...can you imagine how hot Kasumi will look with her upgraded loose hair and ponytail and body and physics from X3? And Eliot would definetly be more beefy too and have better hair, I want DOA6 to have this type of look in the game, with added skin pores and sweat and dirty of course

Nioh is imo a good indication of how characters might look in DOA 6:

NiOh.jpg

(I still think he totally is Bayman with a wig. XD)

nioh-okatsu-1_3pgt.jpg

Some especially pretty and detailed hair coming in. It might not be as thick as you want it to be though, lol. I don't think it can ever be thick enough for you and @Chapstick
And as I said, I hope male characters will have a little more facial character than the perfectly smooth bishounen faces of Dissidia. They are a bit too much imo, even for Eliot. Male characters in Dissidia also are really thin and dainty, so if they ported this stylistic to DOA, no beefier Eliot for you. ;)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Nioh is imo a good indication of how characters might look in DOA 6:

NiOh.jpg

(I still think he totally is Bayman with a wig. XD)

nioh-okatsu-1_3pgt.jpg

Some especially pretty and detailed hair coming in. It might not be as thick as you want it to be though, lol. I don't think it can ever be thick enough for you and @Chapstick
And as I said, I hope male characters will have a little more facial character than the perfectly smooth bishounen faces of Dissidia. They are a bit too much imo, even for Eliot. Male characters in Dissidia also are really thin and dainty, so if they ported this stylistic to DOA, no beefier Eliot for you. ;)
Eh I don't mind if he's not that beefy, I kinda like his body because he has like a masculine top torso and a more feminine bottom lower body, I like comparing it to Kasumi's actually, especially in this video and YouTube where someone found out how to remove his kilt and you could see the underwear underneath

And I'm kinda letting Lili's hair grow on me, the way it moves fascinates me, it's like matted

It moved much better here in the early beta from years ago

I love the way it moves there, plus I love hime cuts, it's short in the front and long in the back which makes it great and safe for fights. Plus it's basically a half finished bob XD when I make my own fighting game, my specially designed character Cynthia Hawthorne IV will have the hairstyle and it'll drop to her hips and be the best rendered hair in gaming!

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'm pretty sure it'll just look like DOAX3, Ninja Gaiden 3 had way more effort and detail in its models and stuff than DOA5 did.

Nioh is more of an idea what an eventual NG4 will look like.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I'm pretty sure it'll just look like DOAX3, Ninja Gaiden 3 had way more effort and detail in its models and stuff than DOA5 did.

Nioh is more of an idea what an eventual NG4 will look like.

Completely disagree here.
First of all DOAX3 is technology-wise barely an update over DOA5 on PS3. You do know they even took assets from the by now super dated DOAX2 and reused them there? There will definitely be a visible visual upgrade over DOA5/DOAX3. They will have to make new assets. That is one of the very reasons they will make DOA6 in the first place. It has to look prettier than all DOAs before. Or else people, including you, won't switch to it and buy all the new lewd DLC for the girls again.
That's not even a DOA-specific thing but how game franchises work.

Secondly, the stylistic of DOAX3 is especially made for a sunny beach vacation, with cute girls with glowy tans. That stylistic will not fit a 3D fighting game like DOA6. There will be designs, moods, a story, locations that will need a bit more stylistical depth. There will also be male characers attending (at least I hope there will, lol) and these certainly won't be portrayed in this soft, glowy and shallow overall stylistic:

maxresdefault.jpg

Last but not least, Ninja Gaiden had not much more detail and effort put into its visuals overall. In the last Ninja Gaiden characters looked nearly identical (some of the models are in fact identical) but a lot more plasticy and artificial looking than what we later saw in Dead or Alive 5. They definitely improved the character modelling, texturing and shading.

The only clearly apparent upgrade the last Ninja Gaiden visually had over DOA5 character models, were Hayabusa's veiny arms:

maxresdefault.jpg

I am pretty sure that was a purely stylic choice though. They could have easily given Hayabusa these arms in DOA5 too. They probably didn't for the reason that Ryu Hayabusa is portayed in Ninja Gaiden as much more brutal and lethal than in DOA and Ninja Gaiden is a grimmer, more brutal series than mainstreamy DOA. These pumped up, veiny arms fit a brutal action game, like they do also fit a brutal action film.

hrithik-roshan-to-star-in-hindi-remake-of-sylvester-stallones-rambo-1.jpg

The arms also fit what happened to Ryu's right arm in the game.

Last edited:

Chapstick

You said before you were really on the edge of whether or not you wanted it so I'm not surprised this put you over the edge lol

For me I've been wanting to replay it but holding out for the HD version (ever since that guy who was working on music for it let it slip that the game was being worked on I forget how many years ago) so I'll definitely be getting it. Only ever played the vanilla version so it'll be fun playing with the new job system.

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
This thread is pure comedy gold, especially its last pages:
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=828571

Some expert ranked the most beautiful fighting games like this:

1) "on any platform the best looking fighting game"
24773020613_bea86cdcf5_o.png

2)
DDMyQjpXUAAiVsG

3)

4)

823.gif

This listing is just wrong on many levels. If anyone even remotely thinks that VF5FS looks better than DOA5LR, they should see an optometrist immediately and request that they get their eyeballs replaced with functional ones. Tekken 7 has decent looking environments, but overall DOA5LR still looks better than it, same for SFV. Although SFV is quite vibrant and looks decent during the win animations. KI's arguably the best looking 2D fighter IMHO (haven't played Injustice 2 yet).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
This listing is just wrong on many levels. If anyone even remotely thinks that VF5FS looks better than DOA5LR, they should see an optometrist immediately and request that they get their eyeballs replaced with functional ones. Tekken 7 has decent looking environments, but overall DOA5LR still looks better than it, same for SFV. Although SFV is quite vibrant and looks decent during the win animations. KI's arguably the best looking 2D fighter IMHO (haven't played Injustice 2 yet).

Aww...I was agreeing with your post so much...until KI. It is imo a really unattractive game. The art style is just so...

kimwu-ki3-screenshot-retro7.jpg

killer-instinct-season3-screenshot-march2016-5.jpg

killer-instinct-season3-screenshot-march2016-6.jpg

Even these Ultra HD PC screenshots can't help it much.

Apart from Injustice 2, which is consistently beautiful, from characters, over stages to visually impressive stage transitions and super moves, there are games like Guilty Gear Xrd...

revelator3.jpg

...and imo even the a little dated MKX:

mortal-kombat-x-e3-screenshot-scorpion-sub-zero.jpg

...that look more consistent in style than KI.

Last edited:

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Aww...I was agreeing with your post so much...until KI. It is imo a really unattractive game. The art style is just so...

kimwu-ki3-screenshot-retro7.jpg

killer-instinct-season3-screenshot-march2016-5.jpg

killer-instinct-season3-screenshot-march2016-6.jpg

Even these Ultra HD PC screenshots can't help it much.

Apart from Injustice 2, which is consistently beautiful, from characters, over stages to visually impressive stage transitions and super moves, there are games like Guilty Gear Xrd...

revelator3.jpg

...and imo even the a little dated MKX:

mortal-kombat-x-e3-screenshot-scorpion-sub-zero.jpg

...that look moe consistent in style than KI.
Aye you got hood Tyaren!!!

"...that look moe consistent in style than KI"

Also tekken does surpass DOA in terms of stages, hair detail, most textures from new or revamped outfits, shaders and lighting, and of course the detail in the male body, as well as bare feet, hands, and clipping.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD