CO36Qpg.gif

...in three different games and three different graphic engines:

Final Fantasy XV (Luminous Engine):

3807a26c0148c1cbe749aa623b5e7b97.png

Tekken 7 (Unreal Engine 4):

noctis-tekken7-screenshot.jpg

Final Fantasy Dissidia (unnamed Koei Tecmo developed engine):

Dissidia-Final-Fantasy-NT-Noctis.jpg

I think Noctis looks the best in FF dissidia it just fits his design imo, he looks the worst in the unreal engine though, it really makes his face look ugly.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I think Noctis looks the best in FF dissidia it just fits his design imo, he looks the worst in the unreal engine though, it really makes his face look ugly.

Yep, Unreal Engine 4 looks the worst in this case, asset-wise and image quality-wise. Just because it became so easy to develop for and popular doesn't mean it actually brings the best results. It scales down poorly on weaker hardware like the consoles, especially in 60fps games. On powerful PC hardware you can brute-force very good looking games with it though.
Unreal Engine 3 (greatly optimized and customized by now) brings better results on consoles, as we can see in the gorgeous looking Injustice 2 or Arkham Knight.
Regarding Noctis in Dissidia: As usual with Team Ninja games, they really put a lot of effort in high quality and polished character models. I'm really excited to see what they do in DOA6, when just two character models have to be rendered on screen at once instead of 6 like in Dissidia. I think we will be in for a treat. :)

Team Ninja could have toned down the shine of Noctis jacket though. It looks like he is constantly wet. XD

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Critically Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't able to quite live up to expectations. The original Xenoblade remains the best Xenoblade game by far. Well, what about Xenoblade 2's graphics and performance then? Digital Foundry took a closer look at this massive open world game:

This is pretty bad... :/ I feel like John makes too many excuses here, because he is fond of Nintendo in general. Usually Digital Foundry has no problems to objectively point out and call out bad graphics and performance if present in a game. Resolution drops down to 368p in portable mode are inexcusable in 2017. That's even below PS2 quality. Permanent framerate drops down to the low 20s are inexcusable as well. They need to get this fixed ASAP.

@Jadeinchains, I think it wasn't such a bad idea to pass on the game, at least for now. :/

Jadeinchains

Critically Xenoblade Chronicles 2 wasn't able to quite live up to expectations. The original Xenoblade remains the best Xenoblade game by far. Well, what about Xenoblade 2's graphics and performance then? Digital Foundry took a closer look at this massive open world game:

This is pretty bad... :/ I feel like John makes too many excuses here, because he is fond of Nintendo in general. Usually Digital Foundry has no problems to objectively point out and call out bad graphics and performance if present in a game. Resolution drops down to 368p in portable mode are inexcusable in 2017. That's even below PS2 quality. Permanent framerate drops down to the low 20s are inexcusable as well. They need to get this fixed ASAP.

@Jadeinchains, I think it wasn't such a bad idea to pass on the game, at least for now. :/

Yeah..:x from the sounds of things like that certainly don't add to my interest in this game for now hearing that it's framerate and resolution are really bad so I'll pass.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Regardless it looks really good to me, really liking Sophitias outfit so far, I'm excited to see how the other characters look!

Well, that's not that hard to guess. ;) They seem to be going for the original outfits, just polished up a bit:

eBG8Pvn.jpg

GI2I0su.jpg

Here's what other veterans looked like in the first Soul Calibur:

(Sorry for the mini image... :()

Jadeinchains

Yeah actually lol since they're going to be based off the old outfits I guess it isn't that hard to guess what they'll look like. :p Still based on the images you posted of the other characters old designs I can seeing most characters getting good outfits then. For characters that weren't in the first games it will be cool to see what they're like like Tira, Amy ( if she's in, I hope she is ) etc and new characters.

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Mitsurugi finally looks hot again, I wasn't particularly happy when they cut his ponytail off, it really did fit him and made him look better. Short hair was okay on him but it's just not mitsurugi.

Argentus

i'm just popping in to say

holy SHIT the hair in Monster Hunter World looks good. Like i'm so used to hair looking like construction paper after the paper shredder in videogames but to actually see a game where hair looks like...well, HAIR, is mindblowing.

It looks so soft....

Tyaren

Standard Donor

holy SHIT the hair in Monster Hunter World looks good. Like i'm so used to hair looking like construction paper after the paper shredder in videogames but to actually see a game where hair looks like...well, HAIR, is mindblowing.

It looks so soft....

Any footage that you could show us maybe?

Onryoki

Standard Donor

It looks so soft....
If DOA gets hair textures like that I'll be happy

@Tyaren I think he meant this:
maxresdefault.jpg

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Oh, okay. One can't really make out much texture in this blurry shot. But Aloy already had amazing hair in Horizon. 100K polygons! That's a whole FFXV Noctis on her head by the way. O:

Sony released more gameplay footage of Shadow of the Colossus and it looks absolutely stunning imo:

You can cut that atmosphere with a knife...

Here's a direct comparison of the original PS2 game, the PS3 remaster and the PS4 Pro version of Shadow of the Colossus:

This is my personal most wanted for 2018. Lucky we will get it already at the beginning of February. :)

Argentus

Any footage that you could show us maybe?
24991452_1992122034371515_7390522474447087153_n.jpg

24879811_1992122151038170_4699957492311146504_o.jpg

looks better in motion tbh. But also that dudes beard looks like an actual beard, its awesome. As opposed to say, the like...steel scrubber wires on Big Boss's face in MGSV.

But yeah normally hair looks....bad. final fantasy, metal gear, tekken, elder scrolls, MMOS, soul calibur, dead rising, resident evil, etc, etc. It's either super anime spikes, or when they try to make it look like real hair it just looks like sheets of paper.

guess i'd just gotten used to it.

Also holy GOD in motion the hair looks so....soft.

Here's a direct comparison of the original PS2 game, the PS3 remaster and the PS4 Pro version of Shadow of the Colossus:

did they put the misty haze back in yet?

Onryoki

Standard Donor
Idk if this is the right thread to post this but whatever, I just took a few shot from Gran turismo sport, this is honestly the best racing game that's on PlayStation.
B4F88E07-E49F-4A1C-9466-3D2AADFC6531.jpeg

074FD897-57F3-4C54-8962-BF91CB5C286C.jpeg

212AC868-FCD0-42BD-84CC-2E2E26AA1E77.jpeg

B9642993-9852-43CB-918C-B42BC066ED20.jpeg

Sorry if my shots are amateurish I'm new to photography.

Last edited:
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD