The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Omg! Lol well that makes sense, Still the actual model looks so good as well, That one looks great. I know It's sped up a lot but I wonder how long it actually took for him to do that?

If you are talking about the last one, it is spead up a lot in the gif, only showing bigger steps of progression. He certainly sat several days if not a week or longer on this.

The Tywin Lannister one can be done in a day.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Anyone here remembering the infamous Playstation 3 reveal on E3 2005? Digital Foundry took a closer look at it again, telling us what was actually real time and what was faked:

Actually lots of fakery by Sony going on here, lol.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Horizon Zero Dawn, and how it inspired designers and artists around the globe:

When even a genious like Hideo Kojima is in love with this game... :)

They also released these statistics...

38772822370_089bb402cb_o.png

I can't believe nearly half of all players murdered Aloy's one and true husbando! D:

38519126011_46269cfb43_o.png

What is wrong with you people?! @Jadeinchains @Chapstick Explain yourselves!

Jadeinchains

Horizon Zero Dawn, and how it inspired designers and artists around the globe:

When even a genious like Hideo Kojima is in love with this game... :)

They also released these statistics...

38772822370_089bb402cb_o.png

I can't believe nearly half of all players murdered Aloy's one and true husbando! D:

38519126011_46269cfb43_o.png

What is wrong with you people?! @Jadeinchains @Chapstick Explain yourselves!

...Don't judge me but...I don't remember who that is. :x So I might have killed him or maybe not lol.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
...Don't judge me but...I don't remember who that is. :x So I might have killed him or maybe not lol.

giphy.gif

It's one of the best quests and characters in the entire game. O:
Knowing that you rush so fast through games, I bet you didn't even talk to him before you wiped out all the bandit camps, lol.
Nil hides next to the bandit camps, planning to wipe them by himself, and normally you would at least notice him once while sneaking around the camps, looking for an opening. Talking to him starts the quest line, which spans over the whole game.
He's...very weird and kind of a psychopath, lol, but that imo makes Nil so interesting and likable. At the end of the quest line you can actually fight and kill him...

I get that many choose to fight him and ultimately kill him, because he seems really untrustworthy and the last time you meet him like a total creep, that set you a trap. But if you choose to trust him instead and not to fight, he will actually listen and you have a new friend/ally, who will also assist you in the end battle.

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Final Fantasy XV maxed out on PC! O:

40655247102_eb6ad454f6_k.jpg

38887021220_2dcf06dde4_k.jpg

I have to admit, after seeing all those pretty PC graphics of the game for the last couple of months, I was taken aback, when I booted up the game on my PS4 Pro to check out the Royal Update. Image quality and overall detail is just so much better on PC.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
A MUST WATCH!!! Great and extensive interview about the graphics and art of Bluepoint's Shadow of the Colossus remake:

I wished John would have opted for PS4 Pro cinematic mode footage for this video instead of Pro performance mode footage. Yes, you get locked 60fps, which is a great achievement for an open world game like this, but cinematic mode just looks so much more crisper and more detailed. It would've been nicer to look at while they are talking about all of the effort that they have poured into this.

Argentus

stilly haven't had a chance to pick that up myself yet, mostly because I keep seeing vids on how the remake is glitchy as fuuuuuuuuck lol

Juihau

Yes, you get locked 60fps, which is a great achievement for an open world game like this,
From what I've seen, performance mode definitely doesn't run at a constant 60 fps. It runs better than cinematic mode, but it still tanks quite a bit in certain areas, most notably the forest (which also seems to be infamous for being a massive pain to navigate on horseback).

Tyaren

Standard Donor
stilly haven't had a chance to pick that up myself yet, mostly because I keep seeing vids on how the remake is glitchy as fuuuuuuuuck lol

Played three times through the game (to gather enough stamina to climb the secret garden), I didn't come across any glitches or bugs.

From what I've seen, performance mode definitely doesn't run at a constant 60 fps. It runs better than cinematic mode, but it still tanks quite a bit in certain areas, most notably the forest (which also seems to be infamous for being a massive pain to navigate on horseback).

I don't know what you have seen, but Digital Foundry actually put it to the test and it is full 60fps 99% of the time, so you can pretty much call it constant 60fps:
(14:07)

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Slightly off topic

Furiously learns how to play charge blades. If this is a layered set, this would be golden.

Dante looks pretty bad here, very generic and without character. And that static wig, lol. At least the male version is supposed to be real Dante, right?

I wonder if we have to be worried for DMC5, which is rumored/leaked to be revealed this E3.

Brute

Standard Donor
Dante looks pretty bad here, very generic and without character. And that static wig, lol. At least the male version is supposed to be real Dante, right?
I was under the impression that was a generic hunter with Dante's gear.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD