The Art Style and Graphics Discussion

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Graphical comparison of Rise of the Tombraider in 1080p on the standard PS4 and in the 1080p enhanced mode on PS4 Pro

I'm not gonna lie, that is disappointing... The 1080p enhanced mode is the mode where graphical improvements should be the most apparent, instead you really have to search for them under a magnifying glass. Without a direct comparison to the regular PS4 you would literally not notice any difference.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Uncharted 4 was already one of the best looking games (if not the best looking game) before, but since it's resolution was bumped up to 1400p (I downsampled them to 1080p) on the Pro it's image quality is flawless. No jaggies anywhere in sight, every smallest detail pops.
Here are some screenshots I just now made:

30634429590_9b04943681_o.png

More inside spoiler:
30899821266_59f0d5d49d_o.png

30819338142_93617d5b07_o.png

30935893585_bc7fb03f2c_o.png

30634471750_81a4977ca5_o.png

30935912645_ca190c8307_o.png

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
I feel so lonely here... .__.

Anyway, Nova Crystallis featured my PS4-PS4 Pro comparisons on their site:
http://www.novacrystallis.com/2016/11/final-fantasy-xv-compared-ps4-ps4-pro/
So, why don't I post them here too? :)
The best way to directly compare them is opening each image with right mouse click in a new browser tab and then switch back and forth between them.

PS4:
30802137222_68d55eb656_o.png

PS4 Pro:
30882351536_1a63445c52_o.png

More inside the spoiler:
PS4:
30802143252_554f23792e_o.png

PS4 Pro:
30882338846_6367094d8a_o.png

PS4:
30918138155_5dd6d7d076_o.png

PS4 Pro:
30918127475_393339a974_o.png

PS4:
30882533846_08180f112e_o.png

PS4 Pro:
30882537606_433c4be652_o.png

Graphical improvements that I found and that can also be seen in these images:
- higher quality texture filtering (textures are less smudged in the distance)
- higher LOD (lusher vegetation and crisper rock and mountain textures in the distance)
- higher resolution shadow maps (less dithering on shadow edges)
- higher quality ambient occlusion (contact shadows make the world/objects appear more 3 dimensional)
- better antialiasing solution (no jaggies along polygon edges, less edges on hair, even in motion)
- stronger lighting and light shafts

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Personally I can't see any difference between the pictures, That's cool they used your images though.

Also I see your taking lots of images now that you have the demo, I expect lots of pictures once you have the full game.

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Personally I can't see any difference between the pictures, That's cool they used your images though.

Also I see your taking lots of images now that you have the demo, I expect lots of pictures once you have the full game.

ivgcTUH.gif

One more image inside the spoiler:
7bxDQls.gif
See them now? :)

Last edited:

Tyaren

Standard Donor
Yeah lol that makes it much more easy! :D

It's still a good looking game on the PS4 though. We can be especially impressed by how they turned the low image quality of Episode Duscae and Platinum Demo around. So smooth looking right now... These are standard PS4 shots (not by me):

czskey.png

More inside the spoilers:
qqdxkr.png

aysfvh.png

qxapwt.png

uxqcim.png

ljmuql.png

Last edited:

Jadeinchains

Yeah luckily the differences are very minimum, Also I really like the look of those rain affects, The hair looks flattened down and the clothes look heavy from the water! I love the detail in this game. It looks very lonely in that image as well. And I like the minor average things like sitting in the car outside a garage! Also In one of those pictures Noctis looks really gigantic.

Chapstick

Why are you browsing this thread on your phone?

X8Qpasm.gif
I've told you before why I can only have my phone out during the day lol
Would it help if I put most images in spoilers? .__. It literally pains me...but I can do it...
I don't think that actually helps anything but I'm not sure. I've seen Mr Wah say the page still loads the images even if they're in spoilers. Only thing you can do is make them thumbnails but if the upload limit is still really small that's not an option /:

Project Bokuho

Lady Helena's Pet
Premium Donor
@Tyaren where are dem chocobo gifs at?
#ChocoboLivesMatter

I don't think that actually helps anything but I'm not sure. I've seen Mr Wah say the page still loads the images even if they're in spoilers. Only thing you can do is make them thumbnails but if the upload limit is still really small that's not an option /:
What kind of phone do you even have? Because I am going to avoid it like the plague whenever I decide to upgrade lol

Tyaren

Standard Donor

Yeah, I remember. Is it by chance better now? o . O

@Project Bokuho, I'll look for some tomorrow. XD

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD