Characters The Blue Flash - DOA5LR Jacky Guide

Lulu

Yeah I noticed that. Its rare because people are always moving around the stage whenever they aren't Blocking or Attacking.

Noobs like me love it. :)

I wonder what would happen if Sarah tries to punch Jacky after her down throw..... its definitely going to be interesting.

Lulu

Okay so BT:2::K: is Terrible..... but it does have one and only one use on the fastest stagger escape.
In open stance BT:2::K: is a pretty good follow up to :4::4::K: because the advantage seems to go way up when you do it on a back turned opponent.... on my test run it was +18 on the fastest stagger escape.

In open space this is obviously not a big deal but since BT :P+K: does wall splat one could substitute it with BT:2::K:.

You can see Crazy Steady doing it once or twice in the video..... obviously he didn't have SE on because he was critical bursting with it.

KING JAIMY

Okay so BT:2::K: is Terrible..... but it does have one and only one use on the fastest stagger escape.
In open stance BT:2::K: is a pretty good follow up to :4::4::K: because the advantage seems to go way up when you do it on a back turned opponent.... on my test run it was +18 on the fastest stagger escape.

In open space this is obviously not a big deal but since BT :P+K: does wall splat one could substitute it with BT:2::K:.

You can see Crazy Steady doing it once or twice in the video..... obviously he didn't have SE on because he was critical bursting with it.
Seems like BT 2K isn't useless at all. I'll look into that later. Thanks for pointing it out.

Lulu

You mean BT moves on BT opponents?

Yep.... lol..... I call it "Back to Back"

Anyway so I just discover something very troubling. That set up in my previous post seem to only give me +1 when I do it against a wall.... but not all the time.... and I don't know why.

Okay so Jacky's BT :2::K: goes active on the 18th Frame.... and his:4::4::K:gives him an advantage of +18.... so technically thats a One Frame Link (take that Street Fighter !!! Haha) so maybe not doing it fast enough....

Actually upon closer inspection it looks like the low kick is hitting them in front somehow. I don't understand why its doing that.

KING JAIMY

Yep.... lol..... I call it "Back to Back"

Anyway so I just discover something very troubling. That set up in my previous post seem to only give me +1 when I do it against a wall.... but not all the time.... and I don't know why.

Okay so Jacky's BT :2::K: goes active on the 18th Frame.... and his:4::4::K:gives him an advantage of +18.... so technically thats a One Frame Link (take that Street Fighter !!! Haha) so maybe not doing it fast enough....

Actually upon closer inspection it looks like the low kick is hitting them in front somehow. I don't understand why its doing that.
You need an advantage of at least +20 to connect an i18 strike. So it's not a case of you being slow, it just doesn't connect on fastest stagger escape. However, in practice I believe it's going to work often because Jacky's opponent needs to slow escape at fastest to break the chain, which is really hard.

Lulu

You need an advantage of at least +20 to connect an i18 strike. So it's not a case of you being slow, it just doesn't connect on fastest stagger escape. However, in practice I believe it's going to work often because Jacky's opponent needs to slow escape at fastest to break the chain, which is really hard.

Oh yeah.... I forgot it takes 5 Frames to Turn Around and Block... :p

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
BT2K is not a bad move at all. 44K is delicious and one of the particular moves that does not wall splat and hardly needs to play a stun game near a wall, Jacky can que in 70+ points of damage for free with the guaranteed setup after 44K. That is all.

fcc5c2e63c70263f2239c8365568969f.gif

Lulu

LoL.... love that cool cat.
Its a shame.... Sarah doesn't have a single move that turns the opponent around. And just rub salt in the wound.... her 44K wall splats

Jacky's BT is just better.

KING JAIMY

Made a couple of changes in the guide:

- Added a brief analysis of Jacky's KK in section C1: Jacky's Top 20 Moves. It is listed under ''K string''.
- Changed the information of Jacky's BT 2K. Lulu and DestructionBomb convinced me that BT 2K is a viable move, contrary to what I previously thought. See section C8: BT Moves for the changes.
- Added additional information about PKH on block. It is listed in section I: Tips and Tricks (trick 2).

Lulu

WOOOOH !!!! my first credit :oops:

Anyway.... is Jacky's Flash Sword Kick really a Just Frame ? I've been performing consecutive FSKs with relative ease lately and if theres one thing I'm sure I can't do... its definitely Just Frame inputs.

So according to Page 1 and 3.... the Follow Up interval on Jacky's :6_::K: is 17F~17F..... which is around about the time that move goes active, pressing :h: on that Frame will change everything that follows it and thats how you get the Flash Sword Kick. So according to the game it appears to be Just Frame....

But the problem with that is it feels so easy to do.... I can actually perform 7 FSK's buffering one after the other when I'm in the zone.

Something about it just isn't adding up....:confused:

Virtua Fighter has a cool tool that lets you know exactly how far apart your inputs are..... and I know I can do it there..... I'l use it to test how lenient FSK really is.... I don't know how much help that would be in DoA though.

KING JAIMY

WOOOOH !!!! my first credit :oops:
Oh, almost forgot. I'll give you a credit in the 'Special Thanks' at the end.

Anyway.... is Jacky's Flash Sword Kick really a Just Frame ? I've been performing consecutive FSKs with relative ease lately and if theres one thing I'm sure I can't do... its definitely Just Frame inputs.
It is really a just frame kick. You only have 1 frame to press H. If you can do the FSK, you can do just frame inputs, contrary to what you think.

So according to Page 1 and 3.... the Follow Up interval on Jacky's :6_::K: is 17F~17F..... which is around about the time that move goes active, pressing :h: on that Frame will change everything that follows it and thats how you get the Flash Sword Kick. So according to the game it appears to be Just Frame....
So you have to press H on the 16th or 17th frame? The guide now says on the 16th, but I could be wrong looking at your findings.

But the problem with that is it feels so easy to do.... I can actually perform 7 FSK's buffering one after the other when I'm in the zone.

Something about it just isn't adding up....:confused:
Looks like you have it in your muscle memory. The FSK is 'easy' for me too, but it is a very intimidating move for newcomers. As I've said earlier in the guide: Practice makes perfect. Looks like you've practiced enough to call yourself a Flash Sword Kick master. :p

Virtua Fighter has a cool tool that lets you know exactly how far apart your inputs are..... and I know I can do it there..... I'l use it to test how lenient FSK really is.... I don't know how much help that would be in DoA though.
Cool, I'm looking forward to your findings!

DestructionBomb

Standard Donor
What's really great from @KING JAIMY 's guide is that he provided the tips at the bottom. They are correct and it's a must read from him.

King Jaimy, you should add a section in there on adding a way to developing a help trick for players on learning FSK. People get discouraged in the lab on learning the timing properly so you could add a section there with your way on how you did it.

This is how I did it - What I did was that I set the computer to block at all times and continuously focus on getting the timing right on the visual point as well as the feel upon coming into contact to the opponent so that you know you can get it right majority of the time. What's also great about this is that you can develop the timing to properly getting it right for the block version on that delicious (+3) move on block. You have to literally sit there and muscle memory it. Keep doing it multiple times, take a break and go back into it, make it different to where you develop your own ways to it (FSK, P > FSK or FSK > P on a blocking opponent) while trying other different difficult ways to absorb that practice. Eventually it will make sense and the timing has become not just easier but rather you are having fun with it learning. When you are having "fun" in a game, the likelyhood of succeeding and learning has increased and you will get it down in no time. Upon getting it down on it as a startup or whatever method you choose to do, you should now practice it within a string, juggle, PL etc. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake and dropping it. Consider it a concentration killer and a difficulty spike. You can keep practicing to the point that it feels like you hardly wasted any mental energy at all.

Regarding the FSK online - Don't worry about the online, we feel your pain on it as Jacky is one of the few characters that can suffer from this dearly because the timing has to be on hit and one of the reasons why I don't use quite use him much. Online buffering delays and timing can change the momentum+fate of the match entirely because you dropped that nice wall setup from a much later timing than the offline lab version. This is not your fault at all so do not get discouraged because you couldn't perform it online. I dropped this a dozen times too online so there is no shame to admit it. Mind you that we are not perfect and online sure as hell won't make us connect perfect attacks on hit all the time. Just keep having fun practicing and getting the timing done.

Last edited:

Lulu

This is how I did it - What I did was that I set the computer to block at all times and continuously focus on getting the timing right on the visual point as well as the feel upon coming into contact to the opponent so that you know you can get it right majority of the time. What's also great about this is that you can develop the timing to properly getting it right for the block version on that delicious (+3) move on block. You have to literally sit there and muscle memory it. Keep doing it multiple times, take a break and go back into it, make it different to where you develop your own ways to it (FSK, P > FSK or FSK > P on a blocking opponent) while trying other different difficult ways to absorb that practice. Eventually it will make sense and the timing has become not just easier but rather you are having fun with it learning. When you are having "fun" in a game, the likelyhood of succeeding and learning has increased and you will get it down in no time. Upon getting it down on it as a startup or whatever method you choose to do, you should now practice it within a string, juggle, PL etc. There is nothing wrong with making a mistake and dropping it. Consider it a concentration killer and a difficulty spike. You can keep practicing to the point that it feels like you hardly wasted any mental energy at all.

:) thats exactly the training method that helped me beat The Feather Weight combo challenge..... set the dummy to Block and do the practice the FSK.... at first I was only practicing three Consecutive Flash Sword.... but honestly thats not enough. So I decided to do it continuously until I eventually drop it.... try and fill the input log with nothing but the Flash Sword Kick inputs:
:6_::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h::K::5::h:..... and so on until you screw it up.

Every time I boot up DoA I set the Dummy to Block and try to recalibrate my my brain to get the timing before I actually try using it in a Fight....... learning FSK is like Learning a language.... you gotta practice and use it whenever you get the chance otherwise you'l forget it.

If you want practice you FSK links into Juggle Enders then turn on Counter hit and you can practice linking all his Launchers into FSKs and then All his FSKs into Enders as two different things..... because trying to perform the whole thing is hard and particulaly annoying when you need to build up your critical level to actually perform the juggle (that was the most annoying part about Jacky's combo challenge)

Turning On Counter Hit allows me to practice them separately...... then when I'm ready I'l turn it off and "glue" the whole combo together.... lol its so much fun ;).

Lulu

LoL.... so this is abit embarrassing.
So I boot up VF... all excited about testing Jacky's FSK. So I head into the Dojo.... bring up the Options and then thats when it hits me: I had absolutely no clue what I was doing. LoL I can't read VF's Move Details to save my life. :oops:

Its become like Second Nature in Doa because I can head into the Dojo and use the short cuts to make the dummy to whatever. But in VF I was clueless.

So far the only thing I learned is The Numbers in White refere to how much time has past in between your input commands and the numbers in Yellow refer to how long you're holding down a apecific input.

All I can say for sure is I get FSK if i hit :h: within 5~10 Frame Window after my sloppy execution of :6_::K:.

I don't think that window is even accurate because I never input :6_::K: the same way each time ..... but it definitely feels Lenient.... the timing, however, feels different but it didn't take that long to adjust.

I'l report back when I actually genuinely learning sonething usefull.

Darkslay

What's really great from @KING JAIMY 's guide is that he provided the tips at the bottom. They are correct and it's a must read from him.

King Jaimy, you should add a section in there on adding a way to developing a help trick for players on learning FSK. People get discouraged in the lab on learning the timing properly so you could add a section there with your way on how you did it.

Regarding the FSK online - Don't worry about the online, we feel your pain on it as Jacky is one of the few characters that can suffer from this dearly because the timing has to be on hit and one of the reasons why I don't use quite use him much. Online buffering delays and timing can change the momentum+fate of the match entirely because you dropped that nice wall setup from a much later timing than the offline lab version. This is not your fault at all so do not get discouraged because you couldn't perform it online. I dropped this a dozen times too online so there is no shame to admit it. Mind you that we are not perfect and online sure as hell won't make us connect perfect attacks on hit all the time. Just keep having fun practicing and getting the timing done.

Love this suggestion. I'm sure many players had different ways of learning the FSK.

Here's how i did it - I essentially used the same method i used for learning the EWGF (in Tekken, i mean lol)

I put myself at full screen in a big stage and did FSKs until i hit the opponent (which amounts to 13 FSKs from full screen) without missing more than 4, then i switched to the other side and did the same thing, i repeated this exercise 3 times and then went to practice something else.

The second exercise i did was, having Jann Lee as my training dummy (of course lol) and setting him to do :6::P+K: repeatedly, after that i had to catch him in CH with the FSK which created the following pattern, knockdown > tech > CH again > repeat, and i continued doing it until i messed up 5 times and then i stopped and worked on something else.

That was actually a fairly quick way of getting good at using the move without stressing or pushing oneself too hard. I'm interested on reading other people's methods for learning the FSK. :)

Lulu

It looks like @DestructionBomb was definitely on to something.... Pak Sao doesn't work on Tina's Clothes Line, Bass's Clothes Line and Ein's :4::P+K:...... theres a pattern here. All those high punches cause a knock down on normal hit.

So I put my theory to the test with Mila's :6::6::P: and boom.... I clocked Jacky right in the face.

So these are the most consistent theoeries, Pak Sao doesn't work on:
1. Jumping High Punches.
2. High Punches that cause a Launch, Bound, Knock Down and Knock Knock Back on normal hit.
3. And High Punches that cause Faint Stuns on Normal hit.

#3 is the one I'm having trouble testing because those types of High Punches are extremely hard to come by.

And with that said I've been trying to land a "Back to Back" set up using Pak Sao distance but nothing can get me close enough in one hit. All I managed to learn was during the Pak Sao you are have plenty of time to look at your opponent's stance before they sepererate from Jacky's Pak Sao.....

The reason why I did this is because I found Jacky's Mid Punch Hold always leaves both Jacky and the Opponent in Open Stance.... but most importantly it leaves The Opponent Side Turned... not Back Turned (unless you K.O. them with it for some reason) I found this very strange because Side Turn is one of the VF Mechanics.... but it means nothing in DoA... and Jacky's Mid Punch Hold animation is completely new, Jacky only got that when he was added to DoA, he never had that animation in VF as far as I know, making me wonder why it leaves them Side Turned.

Anyway... as I was saying.... it leaves the Opponent in Open Stance, and at the perfect distance and advantage for a Back to Back set up:
I think I used :6::H+K: as my opener and then the classic:4::4::K::5:BT:P+K::5::4::H+K: from The Combo Challenge.

But theres a Giant Flaw with this Set Up.... and its not because its not a guaranteed combo.... its because even if you know that your opponent is going to attack after Jacky's Mid Punch Hold.... you need to be sure that attack isn't going to change from Open Stance to Closed Stance.... an example would be in a Jacky vs Jacky mirror... if Jacky tries to Retaliate with his Back Knuckle :4::P: then even though the other Jacky's :6::H+K: will beat it.... the rest of the combo won't work because its needs to be done in Open Stance..... in that case you need to substitute :6::H+K: with a Stance Switching move like :4::K: then.... or Jacky's very own :4::P:.

This is ofcourse after you find some genuis way of baiting an attack after the Mid Punch Hold..... the simplest thing to do would be to throw them since they know they are at disadvantage and might try to block.

And thats what I've been up to lately. :oops:

Darkslay

Hey, another thing. I noticed there's not an untechable section, does he really not have any untechable setups? :eek:

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD