The Carrera

Neige

So i was playing around with Carrera a bit more, and i feel Ailing was on the right track.

Basically, I agree with Ailing in that 7K is THE move to go into Carrera. Why? It has about the same range as 1P, for one thing, and it grants tons of advantage on hit.

Enough advantage to land Carrera P or Carrera PK, and that's on fastest stagger escape. I have no clue how, because the frames don't add up, but apparently it works.

Going to Carrera doesn't add frames, it removes recovery frames from the previous move. That's why 7K6,P and 7K6,P+K are stagger proof. Didn't know about going backturned from Carrera P; I always mixed-up between Carrera K and Carrera T because one could be sidestepped but not ducked and the other tracked but could be ducked. People can block, but Carrera K into Carrera will never give anyone the chance to jab you out. It's too fast.

ailingeternity

So i was playing around with Carrera a bit more, and i feel Ailing was on the right track.

Basically, I agree with Ailing in that 7K is THE move to go into Carrera. Why? It has about the same range as 1P, for one thing, and it grants tons of advantage on hit.

Enough advantage to land Carrera P or Carrera PK, and that's on fastest stagger escape. I have no clue how, because the frames don't add up, but apparently it works.

From there you can close the distance with booty bump(carrera P can go into BT if you didn't know), which in turn gives you enough advantage for launcher or BT P or K to continue your stun game. If you land BT P or K, your next hit will be CB.:cool:

Also, canceling 1FK into Carrera into 1FK into Carrera is a bit of a mindfuck for clueless opponents. Plus it looks funny.
Don't forget :7::K:'s safety, it's a brilliant move when you need to start playing defensively. Using :7::K::K: also racks the stun threshold up a lot so it's a good way to set up CB if Carrera is not your primary option.

Neige

:7::K::K: can be stagger escaped, :7::K::6:,:P: cannot. I never tried BT from Carrera P, so I'll see what stagger-proof options you have tonight.

:7::K: also transitions to moonsault and corbata, making for a neat-looking mix-up. :7::K::K: hits mid and is punishable on block. Don't try it.

Batcommander

:7::K::K: can be stagger escaped, :7::K::6:,:P: cannot. I never tried BT from Carrera P, so I'll see what stagger-proof options you have tonight.

:7::K: also transitions to moonsault and corbata, making for a neat-looking mix-up. :7::K::K: hits mid and is punishable on block. Don't try it.

7K into moonsault or corbata can be sidestepped easily, i don't recommend this since they are both 30+ frame moves.

Random note: the Carrera startup animation apparently evades highs. :cool:

Neige

Well I guess you can go BT from Carrera P!

Your most damaging combo from 7K would therefore be:
:7::K::6:,:P::4:,:7::K:,:7::K:,:4::K: 8 hits, 99 damage, Zack tested.

On the other hand, It's a two guess combo though with both guesses being "high". Easy and impressive, though. Wish you could go neutral from BT:7::K:. Replacing the juggle with :4::P:, :T: makes this 90 damage.

Batcommander

Well I guess you can go BT from Carrera P!

Your most damaging combo from 7K would therefore be:
:7::K::6:,:P::4:,:7::K:,:7::K:,:4::K: 8 hits, 99 damage, Zack tested.

On the other hand, It's a two guess combo though with both guesses being "high". Easy and impressive, though. Wish you could go neutral from BT:7::K:. Replacing the juggle with :4::P:, :H+P: makes this 90 damage.
Nice find, i'll have to try that later.

edit: i tried the combo, after landing BT 7K, you can land 4P, 4PK, air throw for a disgusting 124 points of damage. Tested it on zack too, so it works on basically everyone except heavies. So, basically, 2 guesses after a normal hit 7K can yield up to 124 points of damage. That's better than a damn CB combo:eek::eek::eek::eek:

The good thing about the Carrera cancel is that it is a little lenient on when you can input Carrera P, so you can choose appropriately depending on how your opponent reacts.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
CAR :K:

CARxx:1::K:

CAR :h::+::K:

CARxx:9::K:

CARxx :P::+::K:

CAR :H+P:

CAR(fullscreen)xx:9::P: BT :4::P::+::K:

CAR(fullscreen)xx:9::P::K:

CAR(fullscreen)xx:9::P: :P::+::K:(:h::P::+::K:)

a few of my personal favorite carrera shenanigans

carrera more or less should be more a baiting tool aswell, when i come out of a move into carrera and stop, the guy throws out something and then whiff punish with the tackle or go in for 66T, gets ppl afraid to do stuff, honestly lisa is pressure and mix up character, but imo she can play the reactionary game really well, when the guy side steps AFTER you've baited a drop kick, just react and hit em with a throw, it'll teach him to not do that, honestly lisa play really well with this, when they begin to stop holding and side stepping, her mix ups excel, also lets you get a chance for those big damage juggles you guys have been practicing

Tones

Premium Donor
You're right, check out my video in the previous page to see an example of using it to bait whiffs.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD