The Carrera

Tones

Premium Donor
Check out 2:05 and 2:40. 2:05 was supposed to be her 6 frame throw but I screwed it up.

synce

I had some success mixing up 1h+k with 1h+k6 but overall I think carrera is a joke. If she had moves out of it like Hitomi's running p and k, or if her OH had better range it could be a decent "stance." I think Lisa and Brad are the two characters that most deserve a buff patch

Knowxscape

I've had a lot of success using Lisa's carrera, especially when I get a good carrera chain going. Using hard stops in the middle of carrera to start other moves is a good way of getting those who love to side step a lot to flinch leaving them susceptible for hi counter damage.Overall, I think the true power of carrera comes from learning to stop and space yourself properly from your opponent to gain the advantage.

On a side note,even though she is faster than she is in DOA 4, I would love it if TN took 1 or 2 frames off of her attacks. Lisa's perfect revenge for getting blown up at the end of story mode. And again I must ask, why Team Ninja, why? :(

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
I had some success mixing up 1h+k with 1h+k6 but overall I think carrera is a joke. If she had moves out of it like Hitomi's running p and k, or if her OH had better range it could be a decent "stance." I think Lisa and Brad are the two characters that most deserve a buff patch

Obviously you're using it wrong. Not only is her K a guard break, but if you suspect your opponent is going to side step you can use P that tracks, and beat out a lot of other moves especially if you already hit a guard break with K. You also have hold+K to slide for a low which many don't expect or see coming(unless you use it to often) and if all else fail you can cancel it out completely. Canceling is a good way to trick your opponent and keep them guessing by playing with them. The OH is not only tracking but goes through other attacks. You can always cancel out and do other throws.

Tones

Premium Donor
Agreed, Lisa is pretty buff as it is. Carrera into 1p or 1k is handy. Mad range, tracks, crushes, stuns and/or sets you up for other things. Aim for just at whiffing range to make it pseudo safe. If they do (almost) anything before the active frames they'll extend the hitbox and get hit. If they do nothing and whiff or throw punish just continue the string

DR2K

It's pretty good, needs to be used at mid distance, but it fucks over people who like to hold block.

Batcommander

Don't forget about :1::F+K:, canceling this is the fastest way to get into Carrera.

With that said, I still think Carrera is pretty weak. It's only use, to me anyways, is for that delicious tracking OH. Everything else sucks.

Carrera canceling is redundant to me; if you're at mid range, you already have access to half of Carrera's moves, including the superior anti-step 1P, no need for canceling. Of course, you can cancel from far away, but to do what? That's my issue with it.

Also, if you're using Carrera to close space, just use Lisa's excellent crouch dash instead since it's fast and evades highs. Crouch dash into either P or K launches into air throw, btw.

In my opinion, Carrera should drastically reduce the frames of all its moves or grant them extra properties like sabaki properties or even increased range. This would grant them distinction, and, more importantly, make them a threat. Then it'd be a lot more useful.

Batcommander

So i was playing around with Carrera a bit more, and i feel Ailing was on the right track.

Basically, I agree with Ailing in that 7K is THE move to go into Carrera. Why? It has about the same range as 1P, for one thing, and it grants tons of advantage on hit.

Enough advantage to land Carrera P or Carrera PK, and that's on fastest stagger escape. I have no clue how, because the frames don't add up, but apparently it works.

From there you can close the distance with booty bump(carrera P can go into BT if you didn't know), which in turn gives you enough advantage for launcher or BT P or K to continue your stun game. If you land BT P or K, your next hit will be CB.:cool:

Also, canceling 1FK into Carrera into 1FK into Carrera is a bit of a mindfuck for clueless opponents. Plus it looks funny.

Gruff757

Standard Donor
I love the carerra lol its just that i suck at using it sometimes :(

especially against faster characters and when I screw up a cancel

Batcommander

I love the carerra lol its just that i suck at using it sometimes :(

especially against faster characters and when I screw up a cancel
Yeah, be wary about using it against faster characters since most of the moves are slow. Also, be mindful that Carrera's start up adds even more frames to some of those 20+ frame moves.

Landing 7k gives you enough advantage to play around with it regardless though.

Batcommander

Beat worlds highest ranked player using just that. Shit works
Er, you can SE the stun or even just duck, 66K on hit creates way too much open space (hence giving the opponent enough time to react).

But hey, if it works for you, that's sweet :cool:

DR2K

Er, you can SE the stun or even just duck, 66K on hit creates way too much open space (hence giving the opponent enough time to react).

But hey, if it works for you, that's sweet :cool:

Yeah, but you can naturally continue carrera after the guardbreak. It's a guess, yes, but carrera throw beat out SE and any attack in the game. It's a nasty mix up.

Tones

Premium Donor
p+k has dodgy hit box. Often whiffs if they are off axis, even more so if they are ducking and even more so if they are on a slope.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD