The Darkstalkers Thread

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Wasn't DS3 and VS1 the samething except DS3 added a couple of characters that wasn't in VS or some crap?

When VSav got ported to home consoles as DS3, it included all of the characters from the arcade release, plus Phobos, Pyron, and Donovan from Hunter/NW. These characters are banned in tourneys if you're running it on a console though. Fortunately, practically all VSav tournies are held on cabs anyways, so it never really comes up.

PSP version is basically a port if Vampire Chronicle for Matching Service on the DreamCast. It's basically the " Hyper" version of DS that allows you to play all versions if the characters from each iteration.

And it was awesome. I feel like there was a whole lotta depth in that game that never really got explored.

d3v

Any version of VSav with the extra characters is usually referred to sa VSav Arrange. Though more often than not, people will use this to refer to the PS2 version in Collection since it can be made arcade perfect via dipswitches.

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
So after working my ass off for about a year, I've actually managed to get a (small) offline scene for Hunter/NW going here in Boston. We typically meet up and play in Gill Hustle's gaming center on Fridays. I'm going to try to talk to him about putting Hunter on his stream this Friday, and if he agrees I'll post the link here if you guys want to check it out.

Reactions: d3v

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
Do you guys play on GGPO? I only signed up here because I heard 'Hunter'.

Well thanks for joining up! I love meeting new Hunter players! I unfortunately don't play on GGPO since I have a Mac. I've tried getting boot camp to work and all that stuff so I could play, but I was never able to get it all working. Instead, as I mentioned earlier, I've helped grow a small offline community for the game, so I do all of my playing with them. When the collection drops though, I'll basically be living in the online mode, so we can certainly play then. What city/state/country do you live in? Anywhere near Boston?

Bolo Yeung

I live in Las Vegas. So, yeah, drop me a line on XBL or PSN when it drops and we can play. I want to throw a side tournament at Evo for the game, in the vein of what the Savior players do. Maybe a couple of your crew will be there? XBL: Bolo Yeung PSN: BoloYeung_DimMak

Ghosty-J

Yeah, I have GGPO! Unfortunately for some dumb reason, I can't get my PS3 controller configured to it (runs on MotionInjoy's DS3 Tool), so I'm ham-stringed by my keyboard until further notice. It's been a long time since I played, so I don't mind a session or 2 : P

Dr. Teeth

Standard Donor
I live in Las Vegas. So, yeah, drop me a line on XBL or PSN when it drops and we can play. I want to throw a side tournament at Evo for the game, in the vein of what the Savior players do. Maybe a couple of your crew will be there? XBL: Bolo Yeung PSN: BoloYeung_DimMak

I'll always travel for Hunter, so if my money holds up I'll be there. Even if no one else from my scene will join, I'm pretty sure I can get some people to enter. I've been talking to MightyMar and he said he'd be down to start playing with me online once the collection comes out. Hunter is even more obscure than Savior is, but if we can get some other well known DS players playing the game, a side tourney at EVO sounds like it could be pretty cool. We'll have to see what the scene is going to be like after the xbl/psn release.

EDIT: Editing to avoid a double post. Unfortunately, UGS is temporarily closed since Gill is setting up shop in a different part of the city. For that reason, there was no Hunter stream on Friday. The good news is that it should be up and running either later in January or early February, so I'll post here the next time we're able to stream.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD