The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Akumasama

I noticed that too, the graphics are more beautiful now, one step closer to DOA4, who had in my opinion, the more beautiful graphics.
Depends what you mean for "more beautiful". It's more a matter of tastes with the "anime vs realistic" styles.
Aside from personal tastes the problem of DoA5 was with stages textures (they're still the same in Ultimate, some really suck) and with the colour palette, too much "grey". Now they increased saturation, we're not quite there maybe, but it's pretty satisfying I think.

Overall the game looks prettier to me.

Argentus

Apologies for double post, on mobile.

Only just realized there's visible panty lines on milas sweatpants outfits.

Any other outfits have that? I'm honestly curious.

Aven Kujo-Gin

Depends what you mean for "more beautiful". It's more a matter of tastes with the "anime vs realistic" styles.
Aside from personal tastes the problem of DoA5 was with stages textures (they're still the same in Ultimate, some really suck) and with the colour palette, too much "grey". Now they increased saturation, we're not quite there maybe, but it's pretty satisfying I think.

Overall the game looks prettier to me.
Is not because of the anime style, is just what you say, the textures is the problem, and I don't think the grey or dark tone matters so much, since doa3 was the darkest of all and is still a beautiful game. That's my opinion at least.

synce

I hope everyone took that 5U survey and let TN know how much you hate the new gritty look... fortunately they're pretty receptive to feedback, otherwise we wouldn't be able to replace all the awful music from vanilla in 5U :p

David Gregg

I think it would be really cool to have some sort of DOATEC spinoff game along the lines of a NG.
Antagonists (which are actually who you play as b/c let's face it...things need shaken up once in a while)
Kokoro: Wants to learn more about Helena and after speaking with a manipulative Christie decides to join forces with DOATEC to stop the "evil ninjas" and help her sister (none of the main "good guys" gets killed of course...but Hayate, Ayane, Ryu, and Kasumi could be potential bosses). Could play similar to her DOA version while also utilizing weapons such as a samurai sword.
Rig: Not too sure about him yet since I don't know the full story but he is Donovan's son so of course he's on DOATEC's side. Also fights like DOA self but I can see him as the type who pulls an iron pipe off the wall and beats your ass with it. He seems like the kind of guy who sees the "error of his ways" and turns to the good side in the end also.
Christie: Donovan's right hand man so of course she's in it. Plenty of cool assassin weapons for her.
Bayman: Posing undercover in order to learn more about DOATEC. Not sure what kind of weapons he would have.
Lisa: I can see her having some really neat gadgets as well (she is a scientist after all)
<Insert New Character>: ideally a guy to make it even in the game. Also he would be playable in DOA 6 so he'd need a completely new fighting style.
Helena: Not playable but present throughout the story and obviously important in the end when Kokoro finds the truth (as well as Helena who doesn't want the old DOATEC)

Final Boss: Donovan: Needs to happen

Last edited:

Chapstick

Kokoro: Wants to learn more about Helena and after speaking with a manipulative Christie decides to join forces with DOATEC to stop the "evil ninjas" and help her sister (none of the main "good guys" gets killed of course...but Hayate, Ayane, Ryu, and Kasumi could be potential bosses). Could play similar to her DOA version while also utilizing weapons such as a samurai sword.
The kind of bosses that you can't win against and have to lose to to progress in the story I assume. Because I'm sure Kokoro could win against Ryu in a game he can use weapons and ninpo. Kasumi and Ayane aren't to be underestimated either.

Brute

Standard Donor
Because I'm sure Kokoro could win against Ryu in a game he can use weapons and ninpo.
I assume you mean: "couldn't." Honestly, even with hand-to-hand the idea of Kokoro canonically besting Ryu is about as plausible as Zack having an IQ over 70. They just gimp him in-game for balance reasons.

Kasumi and Ayane aren't to be underestimated either.
According to canon, all the ninjas would absolutely wipe the floor with the entire DOA roster, save a few more threatening exceptions (Kokoro not being one of them).

Argentus

I assume you mean: "couldn't." Honestly, even with hand-to-hand the idea of Kokoro canonically besting Ryu is about as plausible as Zack having an IQ over 70. They just gimp him in-game for balance reasons.

According to canon, all the ninjas would absolutely wipe the floor with the entire DOA roster, save a few more threatening exceptions (Kokoro not being one of them).

I think the only ones who can match up to Ninjas, would be Bayman, Christie, and possibly Leon. Though Bayman got creamed by an alpha strike in DOA5, so not so sure about him anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD