The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zeo

A lot of good that did Tekken. Death by Degrees was a total washout, even though the story was slightly interesting

Then again, Namco ain't exactly renowned for making action games as (mostly) good as the NG series. But stealth games? I dunno...
Obviously the game itself would have to not suck. But even if it did, that doesn't mean it wasn't a good idea.

Rawbietussin

If we're going to get a DOA spinoff, give us the canceled Code Chronos, or just give a bit of focus to Kasumi/Hayate and co more in Ninja Gaiden 4. Maybe a stealth esque game with Bayman or Christie as the main characters or even a prequel story as Ein/Kasumi giving even more depth on what was going on in during DOA2.

There are tons of imaginative ways to expand the DOA universe without putting the females in skimpy swimsuits and watching them prance around.

I'd prefer it if they gave more focus on putting non-ninjas into crossover games and spinoffs so that they can have exclusive DLC stuff. They are very much left out and secluded on their own series honestly.

Bayman's 5/5U character model fits well most 3rd person shooters so it shouldn't be hard putting him in crossovers like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, etc. By DOA6, he could finally have some exclusive DLC of him in a BSAA uniform.

Brute

Standard Donor
I want an action adventure game as Leon where you run around the desert robbing and murdering other bandits. But then, BOOM! Leon finds out in a vision that his lost love, Lauow-uh-rehn, is being tormented in the Underworld and that his hallucinations of her have actually been cries for help. Leon, the strongest man in the world, makes his way into hell and becomes The Strongest Man in Hell as he kicks demon ass and rescues Lauow-uh-rehn.

The end.

Mother-fuckers.

Zeo

I'd prefer it if they gave more focus on putting non-ninjas into crossover games and spinoffs so that they can have exclusive DLC stuff. They are very much left out and secluded on their own series honestly.

Bayman's 5/5U character model fits well most 3rd person shooters so it shouldn't be hard putting him in crossovers like Resident Evil, Metal Gear Solid, etc. By DOA6, he could finally have some exclusive DLC of him in a BSAA uniform.
Ninjas are probably the biggest selling point sadly enough. Let's look at character potential here for non-ninjas.

Bayman and Christie are assassins, opens up tons of stealth driven/FPS/etc possibilities for a serious story revolving around those characters, maybe even Leon as I believe he was a former assassin and you can get more in depth on the death of his wife. Most likely M rated games with some blood for realism but you've got a great deal of potential with these 3.

Ein... eh, could go in depth but considering at the end of the road he's Hayate again it ties back into ninjas so, pass.

Leifang - college student and kung fu fighter following around generic Bruce Lee homage character. Aside from some possible backstory and a hands on look on how he saved her, not really anything to make a game or spinoff of.

Jann Lee - lol no.

Gen Fu - Not popular or relevant enough to warrant a game, an old man running around collecting money to save his sick grandaughter is an interesting one but not really something you can make a game out of.

Eliot - Unpopular, not really relevant either, him or his journey, pass.

Lisa - Ties into ninja related story. Nope.

Kokoro - Decently popular and tied to Helena but nothing warranting her own spinoff, best bet is an appearance in a game where another char is the focus.

Hitomi - lolno, boring. Her life was most likely largely a snore before meeting Ein and post DOA5 she's probably moping around about losing to Jann and that Hayate will never return her love, pass.

Brad - Potentially a game centered around him trying to find whatever he was looking for in DOA3 prior to the game itself, but not popular enough of a character to carry a game.

Mila - Regular person, snorefest, pass.

Rig - Villain character, tied into ninja related story, not even a candidate for a spinoff.

Bass - We have enough wrestling games, a motocross esque game maybe but it might as well just be a minigame of some sort, the guy's not popular enough to carry a full game anyway.

Tina - Plenty popular but nothing interesting enough to make a game out of, not a serious one. Too built around fanservice also, you might as well just create a DOAX3 and make her the protagonist if you're going to make a game centered around her.

Zack - Would probably be some Japanese crazy nonsense game, pass. But if we can get a more interesting look on his backstory and maybe a reason why he acts the way he acts and how he came to be who he is, I could see it. Can't see a game with Zack as the main man tho.

Helena - Huge potential for her own spinoff but I'm stumped on what the gameplay would consist off. Shooter? no, beat em up? lol no, action/adventure? She's a rich company head why is she running around? She's got story potential but no real gameplay style suits her character, she's more of the important NPC type of character.

That leaves Bayman, Christie, Leon and the ninjas. Might as well use the ninjas.

Blazeincarnated

Zack is the only one who has the most charisma and interesting story. He's a character TN uses wrong. If used in the right way he could potentially be the best posterchild of the DOA franchise. But they tend to throw away the characters that have the most personality, so what do I know? :/

Rawbietussin

Ninjas are probably the biggest selling point sadly enough. Let's look at character potential here for non-ninjas.

Bayman and Christie are assassins, opens up tons of stealth driven/FPS/etc possibilities for a serious story revolving around those characters, maybe even Leon as I believe he was a former assassin and you can get more in depth on the death of his wife. Most likely M rated games with some blood for realism but you've got a great deal of potential with these 3.

Ein... eh, could go in depth but considering at the end of the road he's Hayate again it ties back into ninjas so, pass.

Leifang - college student and kung fu fighter following around generic Bruce Lee homage character. Aside from some possible backstory and a hands on look on how he saved her, not really anything to make a game or spinoff of.

Jann Lee - lol no.

Gen Fu - Not popular or relevant enough to warrant a game, an old man running around collecting money to save his sick grandaughter is an interesting one but not really something you can make a game out of.

Eliot - Unpopular, not really relevant either, him or his journey, pass.

Lisa - Ties into ninja related story. Nope.

Kokoro - Decently popular and tied to Helena but nothing warranting her own spinoff, best bet is an appearance in a game where another char is the focus.

Hitomi - lolno, boring. Her life was most likely largely a snore before meeting Ein and post DOA5 she's probably moping around about losing to Jann and that Hayate will never return her love, pass.

Brad - Potentially a game centered around him trying to find whatever he was looking for in DOA3 prior to the game itself, but not popular enough of a character to carry a game.

Mila - Regular person, snorefest, pass.

Rig - Villain character, tied into ninja related story, not even a candidate for a spinoff.

Bass - We have enough wrestling games, a motocross esque game maybe but it might as well just be a minigame of some sort, the guy's not popular enough to carry a full game anyway.

Tina - Plenty popular but nothing interesting enough to make a game out of, not a serious one. Too built around fanservice also, you might as well just create a DOAX3 and make her the protagonist if you're going to make a game centered around her.

Zack - Would probably be some Japanese crazy nonsense game, pass. But if we can get a more interesting look on his backstory and maybe a reason why he acts the way he acts and how he came to be who he is, I could see it. Can't see a game with Zack as the main man tho.

Helena - Huge potential for her own spinoff but I'm stumped on what the gameplay would consist off. Shooter? no, beat em up? lol no, action/adventure? She's a rich company head why is she running around? She's got story potential but no real gameplay style suits her character, she's more of the important NPC type of character.

That leaves Bayman, Christie, Leon and the ninjas. Might as well use the ninjas.

Lisa's scientist life could lead to lot of potentials but may also play double agent. I could see her developing cures and making researches on some drug but also failed to realized the company's wrong-doings at first then and defies them later on by joining the main character (possibly Bayman and Leon) in some 3rd person shooter. Tina in her Sonya Blade costume could also be playable. Zack will always deploy the main character off to their missions and provide means of transportation. Helena as the NPC would be the perfect role for her.

In connection to that, knowing Bass, Rig, Christie and Jann Lee owned formal suits. They could be portrayed as boss villains with Jann Lee, Rig and Christie as sub-bosses and Bass as the mastermind, only to reveal that they had held someone captive (possible option is Kokoro).

Mila, Hitomi, Leifang, Eliot and Brad could be NPCs that they have to save as well.

Last edited:

d3v

Zack is the only one who has the most charisma and interesting story. He's a character TN uses wrong. If used in the right way he could potentially be the best posterchild of the DOA franchise. But they tend to throw away the characters that have the most personality, so what do I know? :/
You want Rodman to be the poster child for the franchise?

Aven Kujo-Gin

So... I noticed in Ultimate they slightly changed the colour palette. There's a higher saturation, at least for some colours.
I'm liking this, anybody else noticed it?
I noticed that too, the graphics are more beautiful now, one step closer to DOA4, who had in my opinion, the more beautiful graphics.

Me want Kasumi

DOAX2 was totally bad, but if they make it right it could be pretty good

The fans had plenty of good ideas for DOAX3 and if they listen to tbere ideas I think DOAX3 could be really great

BTW, congrats to this topic being on the 100th page :)

d3v

If they do a DOAX3, then they should at least have Sega-AM2 do the volleyball using the Sega Beach Volleyball engine. Of course, at that point, most fans would probably complain since all they do want is a waifu simulator.

Rawbietussin

As I said earlier, they need to come up entirely new sets per girl now that Mila, Rachel and Momiji are joining.because they are simply reusing X2 swimsuits with a few of them getting modified.

Personally, I'd like a preference toggle option where you can set character to either all girls, all guys or mixed so that it caters to everyone's likes before a new game starts.

Argentus

I want an action adventure game as Leon where you run around the desert robbing and murdering other bandits. But then, BOOM! Leon finds out in a vision that his lost love, Lauow-uh-rehn, is being tormented in the Underworld and that his hallucinations of her have actually been cries for help. Leon, the strongest man in the world, makes his way into hell and becomes The Strongest Man in Hell as he kicks demon ass and rescues Lauow-uh-rehn.

The end.

Mother-fuckers.

And hayabusa shows up. Leon breaks him.

Should be as brutal a game as god of war, ninja Gaiden, and mortal kombat, buy without all the blood. Just bones snapping, like MK9 xrays.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD