The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Derga

People weren't kidding when they said the only way we are getting him back, is if they slap tits on him. I just hope that she doesn't have a squeeky voice and has retained his masters
(going by my idea that she is Tengu's apprentice or something) arrogance.

It's going to interesting to see if she has the old moveset too, considering it's going to look really damn weird for a scrawny character like that to be throwing people in the air with one hand. Will see I guess.

UpSideDownGRUNT

YOu know that moon could be anything, they use the same moon texture for SCT and Lorelei it could be a new stage all together.

Since this is most likely a new character of some kind, this could be a new night time stage.

IMO this could be either:

A new night stage all together
Night variant Ariel Gardens
Vanila Lorelei

Squizzo

YOu know that moon could be anything, they use the same moon texture for SCT and Lorelei it could be a new stage all together.

Since this is most likely a new character of some kind, this could be a new night time stage.

Vanila Lorelei
Could be a night time version of Miyama, to fit the whole Tengu thing.

People seem to be making a few too many assumptions at the moment. We don't know if this character is meant to play or act like Tengu at all. Could be a completely unique character who just happens to be wearing a Tengu mask.

Kronin

Vanila Lorelei

Now I can't upload the picture, but if you take a shot of the Moon in the original Lorelei (first level of the stage), the clouds should be in the exact placement as seen in the second Tengu photo (but again, this is far from being a sure confirmation of the stage).

Darkton93

Why do you all keep assuming it's Tengu just because of the mask? I still say it's one of the Costume Contest entries for Ayane. Nothing except definitive proof that it's not will deter me. I don't think it's Tengu. I don't think it's a Tengu costume pack. I don't think it's a Female Tengu. It's just Ayane in a Tengu mask.

Darkton93

@Female Tengu
Was that always your name? Or did you change it? Or are you a newcomer here to whine about sex in DOA?

And yes, I agree that there's too much sex, but I think it's more a result of Team Ninja not generating much else. When they do release a pack that has outfits for everyone, it still gets bought. And besides, if it's about sex, I don't think anyone other than the Lolicons consider Marie Rose sexy. Not even TN.

David Gregg

I mean guys come on. I want Tengu in this game as well but stop giving this false hope to others and put 2 and 2 together. THIS is the character that is replacing Tengu. It's not Ayane or some outfit DLC. The character will have tengu-do incorporated into his/her moveset.

Let's be realistic here. TN is very straightforward when it comes to real (aka not april fools day) character reveals.

Now I can't upload the picture, but if you take a shot of the Moon in the original Lorelei (first level of the stage), the clouds should be in the exact placement as seen in the second Tengu photo (but again, this is far from being a sure confirmation of the stage).

Yup closely looked at Lorelei. The clouds are in the same exact position around the moon on the top level like you said. :/

KwonJigglypuff

Take a second to look at their profile and you'll see they've been here over a year and a half longer than you. And changing your name requires asking one of the staff of FSD.

Oh really, I should think about it, I wanna change "KwonJigglypuff" to "Kwon" only, as I feel more... mature.

I have a question : why won't TN be in E3 if they have something to announce ? I mean they have Hyrule Warriors, probably a new character for Arcade... Technically, how much does it cost to rent a booth in E3 ? How does it work exactly ? Is it because they want to save money for other announcements ?

And do you guys expect something around mid-June ? I can see a trailer at least. I was so excited two years ago when we had Kokoro in Sakura.

AsheMann21

Tecmo Koei not attending E3 still puzzles me to this day. Hyrule, a new Samurai Warriors and WO3 Ultimate aren't just some low-key projects for Omega Force and TN.
Is there any other gaming con where TK can exhibit their new projects?

David Gregg

I have a question : why won't TN be in E3 if they have something to announce ? I mean they have Hyrule Warriors, probably a new character for Arcade... Technically, how much does it cost to rent a booth in E3 ? How does it work exactly ? Is it because they want to save money for other announcements ?

It all depends on what is included in the booth and amount of space but somewhere in the ballpark of $100,000-500,000 USD is a pretty good estimate. And it would be very odd to have a game shown at E3 only to reveal one new character update. In terms of Hyrule Warriors idk I guess TN didn't feel like they had enough incentive to attend this year based on one game alone (or it's possible that Nintendo can preview it since it will be for the wii u).

Kronin

@Female Tengu
Was that always your name? Or did you change it? Or are you a newcomer here to whine about sex in DOA?

The name of the user it's always been Female Tengu in tribute to the nickname of Ayane. And even if not active in FSD, he make hear his voice about DoA from years.

I mean guys come on. I want Tengu in this game as well but stop giving this false hope to others and put 2 and 2 together. THIS is the character that is replacing Tengu. It's not Ayane or some outfit DLC. The character will have tengu-do incorporated into his/her moveset.

Let's be realistic here. TN is very straightforward when it comes to real (aka not april fools day) character reveals.

I agree.

Yup closely looked at Lorelei. The clouds are in the same exact position around the moon on the top level like you said. :/

Now I can post the comparison from the last picture tweeted by TN and how appear the moon in the original Lorelei stage:

Bo3WavIIUAIFwpu.jpg:large

nQ9NKmb.jpg

By the way this isn't a definite proof for anything, from what we know TN could have decided to recycle the textures for the moon in the Aerial Garden night version (just for making a example).
But for the moment we should consider that the character screenshot come from the Lorelei stage.

KwonJigglypuff

It all depends on what is included in the booth and amount of space but somewhere in the ballpark of $100,000-500,000 USD is a pretty good estimate. And it would be very odd to have a game shown at E3 only to reveal one new character update. In terms of Hyrule Warriors idk I guess TN didn't feel like they had enough incentive to attend this year based on one game alone (or it's possible that Nintendo can preview it since it will be for the wii u).

Yeah, true. If there is a Hyrule Warriors trailer it will be during Nintendo's direct.
And if there is a DOAX3 or a new character for DOA5U or anything, a trailer is enough.

Cannot wait!

Female Tengu

@Female Tengu

Yes (not only here). No. No, and no.

I was just saying that because some people may be confused about a female version of DOA's Tengu, and why TN would prefer that idea instead of bringing the classic DOA Tengu back.
What do you think will sell more....a beastly looking Tengu (I prefer) ooooor a sexy chick with wings and a Tengu mask, so her face can look beautiful as well (because I don't think that a huge nose in your face is attractive to most people).

Tengu was a character included to DOA2 and DOA4. But DOA5 has a big problem now: Tengu now comes as a DLC. And we all know that peoples minds changed over the last years. And we also know that even the worst costume DLC in DOA5 sells, if it is somehow connected to the girls = Team Ninjas DLC focus = because it sells.

So, I guess the answer is clear why there is a super high chance that the new Tengu 2014 will be/is a girl.

What I think: I guess I have to live with that idea, when it becomes reality. But what I wanted is a comeback of Tengus unique and incredible aswesome fighting style. Throwing that away is simply a waste, and it was a waste till now.

Last edited:

Kronin

What do you think will sell more....a beastly looking Tengu (I prefer) ooooor a sexy chick with wings and a Tengu mask, so that her face looks beautiful as well (because I don't think that ahuge nose in your face is attractive to most people).

The poor Kunimitsu has a beautiful face but also big scars (that could be a second reason for wearing a mask in addition to her shinobi nature):

kunimitsu_by_holyspell-d5rqtnd.png

Last edited:

JKT

Meh. The new picture doesn't show much again. They could have at least showed a different part of the character, instead of a different angle of the mask. Well, TN's doing a good job at teasing us, aren't they? lol

I was going to debate that the character can be a male, but the lips look extra pink. Don't know if the males in DOA have that shade of pink for their lips.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD