The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Female Tengu

I doubt it's male. The lower part of her face (mouth and chin) has a very feminine look. And her hairstyle. No way that's a boy xD ...maybe Eliot, but who knows.

Rawbietussin

If we judge by skin tone, the closest to being as pale as the girls is Eliot. Jacky's not so far behind. The rest are tan.

I doubt it's male. The lower part of her face (mouth and chin) has a very feminine look. And her hairstyle. No way that's a boy xD ...maybe Eliot, but who knows.

It is possible that they could fashion a guy after Ranmaru Mori's appearance from Samurai Warriors/Warriors Orochi. He seems to have the closest appearance if ever the one underneath the mask is a pretty boy. His bangs even work on the image.

jn45U.png

Reactions: JKT

Kodachi

Standard Donor
Meh. The new picture doesn't show much again. They could have at least showed a different part of the character, instead of a different angle of the mask. Well, TN's doing a good job at teasing us, aren't they lol
Well its working, its got people talking and everyone dying to see more.

Ghosty-J

For some reason the more i think about this new Tengu masked lass, i imagine Kunimitsu from Tekken doing stuff like this:

If this mysterious character is indeed Tengu's replacement i would love for them to release the scenery-altering stage from DoA4 as well.
To be honest, I totally love the idea of a female alteration of Tengu so long as they share a similar movelist : P

The poor Kunimitsu has a beautiful face but also big scars (that could be a second reason for wearing a mask in addition to her shinobi nature):

kunimitsu_by_holyspell-d5rqtnd.png
But... I love her scars D:

Hoya Destroyer

If she turns out to be a monster/supernatural being then I wonder how her character will visually show this trait, if she does not have a Tengu face/nose? Id would like to see yellow eyes, small claws and fangs like vampire-Christie has.
If she is human, will she have mechanical wings to make some of Tengus traditional attacks believable?
At any rate, I hope TN allow us to see her face when she fights, either by having the mask pulled up on top of her forehead, resting on the side of her head or removed completely.

Kronin

To be honest, I totally love the idea of a female alteration of Tengu so long as they share a similar movelist : P

I don't know what to hope: this character definitely will be the substitute of Bankotsubo for DoA5U, so if she doesn't get his moveset, then I will have a chance to play with Bankotsubo in DoA6. But this will mean also that definitely there will be no possiblity to use his Tengu-Do before a new game.

From the other side, a character able to substitute Bankotsubo in his moveset could satisfy the fans requesting to play as their old favourite character, but at the same time denying a possibility for a return of Bankotsubo (if not maybe in a future "collection game" as DoA Dimensions...).

In both the ways there is a pro and a cons for me...

But... I love her scars D:

Never said that I don't like them ;)

If she is human, will she have mechanical wings to make some of Tengus traditional attacks believable?
At any rate, I hope TN allow us to see her face when she fights, either by having the mask pulled up on top of her forehead, resting on the side of her head or removed completely.

There will be definitely the possibility to use her without mask, we have just to hope that TN will not decide to consider the same outfit less the mask in a new slot instead than as a customization tool XD

Hoping that this will open the path for a future where there will be the possibility to select the shinobi with a on/off mask option for all their ninja outfits (kunoichi included).

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
I honestly don't know why everyone is complaining. The whole point people wanted Tengu in the game in the first place was because of his moveset, no? Well, Team Ninja obviously wants to bring in BRAND NEW characters into DOA5U(A). If this is a brand new character with Tengu's moveset, then I see it as a win-win situation with everyone. Team Ninja was able to do it with Rachel by giving her most of Nicole's moves, so why can't they do it with this new iteration of Tengu? People call me self entitled, but I bet people will flip shit once they reveal this new character and it's not the original Tengu.

Every fighting game has characters that don't make a return once they've served their purpose. Tekken no longer has Gon, every new Soulcalibur game doesn't have their guest/bonus characters from past games in newer installments, Street Fighter doesn't have Karin or R. Mika (T_T), etc. The list goes on an on. While it might upset people that their characters don't make future games, it's quite silly to whine about a character not making the cut because stuff like this happens all the time. At the end of the day, Team Ninja is out to keep DOA5U(A) fresh and exciting. What makes more sense? Adding BRAND NEW characters to attract new people? Or adding an unforgettable boss that I can guarantee hardly anyone would purchase?

That's just my take, but I know somebody in here is going to come at me sideways. :rolleyes:

Hoya Destroyer

I agree with most of what Jyakotu said, but I dont think a fighting games story should prevent certain characters from returning (because game play is more important). However, I am glad Tengu isn't returning because he is too weird looking to appeal to me. When it comes to male characters, I'd rather see more tough guys added to the roster - like Raidou.

Kronin

I'll be pretty disappointed if we don't get a single male DLC character after all of this.

Yes, I hope to see at least a male character too, better if an original one at this point.

While it might upset people that their characters don't make future games, it's quite silly to whine about a character not making the cut

I could say the same for the opposite occurrence.

Rachel the fiend Slayer

I never cared for Tengu in the past and barely care about him now. So this new girl doesn't bother me at all

I am excited to see how she fights. Although even though she hasn't been shown yet, idk I don't see her fighting like an idiot like Tengu. She is probably gonna be more serious
serious]
I'lle pretty disappointed if we don't get a single male DLC char
cter after all of this. GSometimes I really hate thifanbase I really

I'm sure we're gonna get at lest one soon. Calm down, you don have to "hate the fandom" because the majority prefers something you don't

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

If that's a new female demon indeed, I hope she'll have some interactions with Rachel.

Anyway... let's see tomorrow for the new pic. The announcement is coming. I mean, they can't keep teasing us with these pictures for weeks. When are Famitsu leaks again ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD