The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chapstick

I had a dream Phase-4 was out and she had a really cool black ribbon for her ponytail. I woke up and had nothing.

tumblr_mdta5enmVl1rhfy09o2_400.gif

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
To quote the musical stylings of one DMX I shall recite the following:

"Ya gon make me lose my mind up in here up in here.

Ya gon make me go all out up in here up in here.

Ya gon me me act a foo up in here up in here.

Ya gon make me lose my cool up in here up in here.."

Thank you, tune in next week for the rendition of the Lox wyle out...

Argentus

Hayabusa was written as a Gary Stu archetype character so I don't see the point of arguments against him being the strongest fighter in the NG/DoA verse. His role in DoA takes a backseat behind the Mugen Tenshin Clan characters because otherwise things would get boring with one-sided massacres everywhere.

Hayate can stand on his own against most of the cast easily because he is a strong ninja in own right and he only looks lame when people by default compare him to that other male super ultra prodigy ninja constantly. Also Ein only lost to Hayabusa but defeats Kasumi during the DoA 2 period.
The funny thing about painting ryu as all powerful is that if you play ninja gaiden, its shown that he has speed and offense but almost no defensive capability. He's a glass cannon, can't take a hit for shit.

He's still a puss compared to ken ogawa or raiden though.
I still like to think that Lisa lied to everyone at DOATEC about Project Epsilon being a failure and has secretly kept a Hayate clone (Ein) inside the now-abandoned laboratory of DOATEC Germany before disposing the real Hayate in the forest.
As her boy toy.
Lamar is shorthand for La Mariposa. So, yes. It's another Lisa.

You're fooling yourself if you think she's going away, by the way...
I always think Phil lamarr the voice actor

Brute

Standard Donor
The funny thing about painting ryu as all powerful is that if you play ninja gaiden, its shown that he has speed and offense but almost no defensive capability. He's a glass cannon, can't take a hit for shit.
He got sliced in half and then "got better."

He can survive fire bombs and explosions from rocket launchers, not to mention from multiple explosives that stick onto his body. He can be chewed up and spit out by huge-ass monsters and fiends, and can survive blunt force trauma from monsters over 70 feet tall. He can survive multiple impalement and having his bones crushed, and still gets back into the fight immediately.

The hell you mean "he can't take a hit for shit"?

hollow

Bottom line is Hayabusa was god tier in NG and obviously the strongest ninja out there and Hayate isn't shit had never been nothing BUT shit hell I'm sure Kasumi could drop him.... oh and Lisa needs to be dead >.>

Xernuht

I've always believed Hayate was the weakest. I mean, he's won one significant fight in the series (Ein vs Kasumi, DOA2)... except it was his Ein persona fighting his sister, who would not have cut loose on him.

That's it. Sure, he also runs the Mugen Tenshin now, but Kasumi was also eligible for the job.

What Hayate needs to do now is actually win a major fight. Even if it's against Nyew-Tengu.

Rawbietussin

Nah. They'll get Momiji to enter the tournament, and she'll beat Hayate in the first match.
Or Jann Lee.
Or Marie...

Is there even a reason why Jann Lee should re-enter when he is already the winner of the 5th tournament?

Seeing Hayate being canonically beaten by the jailbait would be hilarious.

Aspect

Is there even a reason why Jann Lee should re-enter when he is already the winner of the 5th tournament?

Seeing Hayate being canonically beaten by the jailbait would be hilarious.

To fight Rig? I thought that was one of his motivations during the tournament if I remember correctly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD