Status
Not open for further replies.

Brute

Standard Donor
Milk, that's about it.
I guess DOA's... got milk.

yeaaaacsimiami_zps20c943f8.jpg

Xhominid The Demon Within

From what they are thinking about the game, "sexist" could apply. I can elaborate. "Sexist" doesn't just mean "discrimination in the workplace" or something. From our lord and master Wikipedia.

"Sexual objectification is where a person is viewed primarily in terms of sexual appeal or as a source of sexual gratification. This is sometimes regarded as a form of sexism."

Sexual objectification being "the act of treating a person merely as an instrument of sexual pleasure, making them a "sex object."

So, basically, if someone views DOA as sexually objectifying their female characters, that could qualify as sexist. The debate would lie in whether or not the ladies of DOA are merely sex objects or if they could be said to be something more or if the "sex object" qualities are overruling everything else. Thus, making the game "sexist".

That being said, there is a lot that this game ha to offer and it sucks that people only look at the sexy.
But here's the ultimate problem with that:

http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/objectify
: to treat as an object or cause to have objective reality
: to give expression to (as an abstract notion, feeling, or ideal) in a form that can be experienced by others <it is the essence of the fairy tale to objectify differing facets of the child's emotional experience — John Updike>

The term object can be applied to ANYTHING and ANYONE, as you did point out, but that also shows the very downfall of the meaning.

I can easily say the males are objects for sexual lust in DOA5U and no one can dispute me on that. I can say that the males and females in SF4 is objects for sexual lust and no one can dispute me. And so on and so forth.

Basically, the term doesn't really work BECAUSE of the fact that it fails on a comprehensive level.

werewolfgold

But here's the ultimate problem with that:

I can easily say the males are objects for sexual lust in DOA5U and no one can dispute me on that. I can say that the males and females in SF4 is objects for sexual lust and no one can dispute me. And so on and so forth.
I would assume that here would be the reasoning part of the argument where people would give evidence for why the character would be considered to be a sex object. There could be some dispute depending on how flimsy the reasoning is. One person out of however many treating a character as a sex object (as an outlier) would perhaps not a sex object make.

Xhominid The Demon Within

All that running from the village made her loose her booty
dead_or_alive_5_ultimate_kasumi_violet_bikini_11_by_ltmanning-d6rxem1.png

:oops:

Yeah, that's probably it...
Gotta tell TN to fatten up the ladies some in the Gluten areas.

I would assume that here would be the reasoning part of the argument where people would give evidence for why the character would be considered to be a sex object. There could be some dispute depending on how flimsy the reasoning is. One person out of however many treating a character as a sex object (as an outlier) would perhaps not a sex object make.

Except you kinda can for most Fighting Game characters when they really don't get much character past what their backstories give them...
You can easily make them object through that alone.

Kronin

As far as I know, they never said there would be a second Legacy set. As for Casual Collection Vol. 3, they're probably waiting to release it after Nyotengu's console release, so that it can include a casual outfit for her, Marie, and Phase 4.

Actually after the release of the first one, they answered on twitter to a Japanese fan (asking just about this matter) that if fan had asked for other classic outfits, they would have released them. I think that the message should be pretty clear to TN now XD

About the Casual Collection vol.3, if you're right it's possible that we will have to wait for the release of all the DLC characters (so not only Nyotengu but even the confirmed fourth one and eventually a fifth one). However I don't think so considering for example the behavior of TN with the release of the cheerleader outfits for Momiji and Rachel (in a pack where they were unrelated from the rest of the outfits).

Chapstick

I wanna say TN won't give Nyotengu a gym class, santa, cheerleader, and nurse outfit but I was pretty sure they weren't going to put that crap on Phase 4 and look what happened. She even got that really revealing OOC overall costume. :/

They may be recolors but it's kind of amusing to me that Nyo has 3 more outfits than Ein and she hasn't even been released on consoles yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD