The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

KwonJigglypuff

A secret codename for Helena's "resurrected" mother lol.

Anyways, I want this Marirose chick to have some controversy. Make her a tranny and be the Poison of DOA.

I was thinking the same years ago, that it would be nice to have a Leo/Poison-like character in DOA.
I guess it could be an individuality..

We should make predictions : everybody fills that form! The one who will be closest to the truth will win a banana.

Western Name : Mary-Rose
Nationality : Korean
Fighting Style : Tengu-do + ballet fighting
Hair Color : Black hair with blue bang

Zeo

What is "normal fighting style" in a fighting game, anyway? I don't think I've seen anything I'd classify as "normal."
Obviously fighting games take liberties with fighting styles as it's a game so things are more exaggerated and made more "fantastic" but "normal" fighting styles fall into the category of characters like Ein, Mila, Tina (again, made "fantastic"), Eliot.

Thing about characters like Lisa, Eddie/Christie from Tekken is that those styles aren't exactly what you'd consider normal or "traditional" they're dancing around, being unpredictable and spontaneous. The character with said style generally takes on a persona of sorts to fit the style. They also have a personality (usually their actual personality) outside of the style that's typically seen outside of actual gameplay but regardless those types of styles always annoyed me personally.

The "drunken guy" the character dancing around, always hated those styles but that's just my personal opinion. Which is why I said a (black) female with a "normal" style. We don't have any "normal" black characters. Lisa is pretty cool as a scientist but I hate her style and for it she takes on the annoying persona of La Mariposa and Zack has a fairly normal fighting style albeit a few quirky moves but his personality and character... no explanation necessary.

It'd be nice to have a "normal" black female with a regular but unique fighting style. And before you all go "But it's stupid to want xxx for the sake of having xxx" tell that to all the people that just want another "sexy female" in DOA. At least this might be something just a bit different. Mila was something different and personally I like that character, it's just annoying to fight her is all.

Last edited:

Rawbietussin

My prediction:

Western Name: Marigold Rosegarde
Nationality: French (but lives in Louisiana, USA)
Fighting Style: Savate
Hair Color: Curly strawberry blonde hair with a mint green lace bonnet that matches her traditional Southern Belle dress

The story I have in mind for her is that she is Helena's best friend during her childhood that moved to Louisiana and had to leave the country because of a war that occurred in France. In Louisiana, she went to the same high school as Lisa and Tina. She became Tina's rival because Tina was chosen as the Prom Queen instead of her and has sworn revenge on Tina for taking the title from her.

She wishes to enter the DOA5 Tournament in order to take back from Tina what is rightfully hers and to see her best friend after so many years.

Brute

Standard Donor
Obviously fighting games take liberties with fighting styles as it's a game so things are more exaggerated and made more "fantastic" but "normal" fighting styles fall into the category of characters like Ein, Mila, Tina (again, made "fantastic"), Eliot.
I wouldn't consider Tina's "Pro Wrestling" any more of a "normal fighting style" than Lisa's lucha libre. Both are not practical at all, and are designed for show only. And before you say "but Lisa's looks crazier," yeah, I guess, but it also looks badass. And real people do that shit. Seriously. They really do the deja vu. IRL. Not in real fights, but they don't do Tina/Bass' dumb shit in real fights either.

As far as the persona thing goes, I guess. Honestly, I think that Lisa is really fucking boring and out of place as Lisa, whereas she has more personality in her La Mariposa ones. I actually wish she had more La Mariposa costumes simply because I like the persona better. She's more excitable and demonstrates charisma. As Lisa, she just a stuck up bitch. Just like Christie, Helena, etc. Not interesting.

Zack is just fucking dumb. Moving on...

And before you all go "But it's stupid to want xxx for the sake of having xxx" tell that to all the people that just want another "sexy female" in DOA.
Oh trust me, I do tell them that.

Mila was something different and personally I like that character, it's just annoying to fight her is all.
Mila's appearance and persona is fine, but her fighting style is fucked. It's annoying and boring. If Mila's fighting style is the "normal" fighting style you're asking for, I pray to God it's anything but that.

Chapstick

Your predictions sound like characters you want to see and not like realistic ones (except Brute's, that's pretty realistic)

Western Name: Marirose (it's a name people in America have had)
Nationality: Perhaps from the Philippines, perhaps American
Age: 18 and below, definitely young (have you heard her voice actress?)
Fighting Style: I honestly have no idea, probably something similar to a character already in the game
Hair Color: Black if from the Philippines, brown if American

Gimme my banana I need the potassium

Squizzo

Marirose sound way too close to Mariposa if you ask me.
I'm guessing she will either be be a South/Central American Capoeira user or a French/Italian gymnastics and ballet fighter like Lili in Tekken.

werewolfgold

They did in Sigma 2, basically. Ayane would have been what, 13 in that game?
15. I suppose that even if she had been 13, I could say that some girls DO develop pretty damn early in real life...but that doesn't mean much in the realm of created characters where people are designed a certain way for specific reasons...

Zeo

I wouldn't consider Tina's "Pro Wrestling" any more of a "normal fighting style" than Lisa's lucha libre. Both are not practical at all, and are designed for show only. And before you say "but Lisa's looks crazier," yeah, I guess, but it also looks badass. And real people do that shit. Seriously. They really do the deja vu. IRL. Not in real fights, but they don't do Tina/Bass' dumb shit in real fights either.

As far as the persona thing goes, I guess. Honestly, I think that Lisa is really fucking boring and out of place as Lisa, whereas she has more personality in her La Mariposa ones. I actually wish she had more La Mariposa costumes simply because I like the persona better. She's more excitable and demonstrates charisma. As Lisa, she just a stuck up bitch. Just like Christie, Helena, etc. Not interesting.

Like I said styles like Tina's and Bass' while are made more "fantastic" to the point of fantasy and show for the game, they're based off real styles and could be considered "normal" even if it's a bit of a stretch using that particular word. Lisa's style while an actual style is considered one of the weirder and unusual styles is what I mean. As far as Lisa goes, her character is meh, but she doesn't annoy me, as Mariposa does. Lisa's got a douchey attitude but Mariposa is just an annoyance, more annoying than Tina even, in and outside of matches.

And Christie is just an assassin that, like many other characters had a personality change going from DOA3 to 4 from sleek, cool headed assassin to sadistic-pointlessly evil-banshee-terrorist-crazy chick.

Helena on the other hand is actually a pretty interesting character, or was rather. It's just that her personal story pretty much wrapped up so there's nothing really interesting left. The interest was in her finding her mothers killer which she did in Christie, seeing how she'd handle DOATEC leading up to it going up in flames at the end of 4. Then bringing it back to life in 5 under a new vision distancing herself from her father. Her personal turmoils are pretty much over, there's nothing really left. You could say she's not interesting "now" but she's been pretty interesting for the past... 10 or so years so I think she deserves a break.

Zack is just fucking retarded. Moving on...

Yep.

Mila's appearance and persona is fine, but her fighting style is fucked. It's annoying and boring. If Mila's fighting style is the "normal" fighting style you're asking for, I pray to God it's anything but that.

I was talking about her character and persona that I liked. It was the closest thing to an actual person. Her fighting style is "regular" but it's boring at it's core in God-awful annoying to fight. You can have regular fighting styles without them being on par with Mila's. Ein, Eliot etc being examples with the exceptions of things like Eliot's launch throw. So yes, a normal fighting style I'd like. A normal but boring and obnoxious fighting style like Mila's? God no.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
GUYS!!!!! TENGU PLAYERS REJOICE !!!!!

MARIROSE IS HALF HUMAN HALF TENGU ...
SHE IS OUT TO HAVE HER REVENGE ON RYU HAYABUSA FOR KILLEN HER FATHER !!! THE ORIGINAL TENGU!!!

OH MY DAYS !!!

(NOTE: this is not a troll I promise you)

Awesmic

Standard Donor
GUYS!!!!! TENGU PLAYERS REJOICE !!!!!

MARIROSE IS HALF HUMAN HALF TENGU ...
SHE IS OUT TO HAVE HER REVENGE ON RYU HAYABUSA FOR KILLEN HER FATHER !!! THE ORIGINAL TENGU!!!

OH MY DAYS !!!

(NOTE: this is not a troll I promise you)
You're doing it wrong.

Rawbietussin

Your predictions sound like characters you want to see and not like realistic ones (except Brute's, that's pretty realistic)

Western Name: Marirose (it's a name people in America have had)
Nationality: Perhaps from the Philippines, perhaps American
Age: 18 and below, definitely young (have you heard her voice actress?)
Fighting Style: I honestly have no idea, probably something similar to a character already in the game
Hair Color: Black if from the Philippines, brown if American

Considering my country is overly religious due to Christianity's influence, the name Mary is a common first name on our country, though I have yet to know a girl whose name is spelled that way. Most are just Mary Rose.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
You're doing it wrong.

I am not doing anything wrong .. I am delivering the info that I got ..
you're the only troll here

マリー・ローズ:天狗と人間のハーフ。ハヤブサに倒された父の仇をとるため参戦。人間状態と天狗状態に変化可能。天狗状態は超重量級。バストも超乳。逆に人間時は最小。飛べる。ビームが撃てる。

Here... run it through whatever you like

She has 2 modes .. she transforms into Tengu form and Human form ...
when in Tengu form she becomes super heavy weight..
when in Human form shes normal

she has big boobs and shots a lazer beam >__>

The character sounds extremely nuts !!! :D

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

Hmmmmm

EDIT: Google translates the japanese to:
"Half human and Tengu: Marie Rose. War to take revenge of his father was overthrown in falcon. The change to the Tengu state and human condition. Tengu state super heavyweight division. Breast milk is super. Minimum human when in reverse. Fly. I able to shoot the beam

David Gregg

I am not doing anything wrong .. I am delivering the info that I got ..
you're the only troll here

マリー・ローズ:天狗と人間のハーフ。ハヤブサに倒された父の仇をとるため参戦。人間状態と天狗状態に変化可能。天狗状態は超重量級。バストも超乳。逆に人間時は最小。飛べる。ビームが撃てる。

Here... run it through whatever you like

She has 2 modes .. she transforms into Tengu form and Human form ...
when in Tengu form she becomes super heavy weight..
when in Human form shes normal

The character sounds extremely nuts !!! :D

"Breast milk is super" ? :confused:

David Gregg

Lol yeah google translate can be hit or miss. Thanks for the info Cow but where did you find this out? I guess if it couldn't be Tengu this is the next best thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD