The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Lol yeah google translate can be hit or miss. Thanks for the info Cow but where did you find this out? I guess if it couldn't be Tengu this is the next best thing.

Hey man .. with a dual move set, and 2 weight classes in 1 character... this is EPIC!

Idea very much resembles Dural in VF5FS .. shifting between weight classes ..
I would love to see how they implement it ..

HURRY UP AND MAKE DOAxVF ALREADY !!

Squizzo

Half human and Tengu: Marie Rose. War to take revenge of his father was overthrown in falcon. The change to the Tengu state and human condition. Tengu state super heavyweight division. Breast milk is super. Minimum human when in reverse. Fly. I able to shoot the beam

So basically half human half Tengu. Out for revenge against Ryu for killing her dad. Can change between Tengu form, super heavyweight with big tits and human form, able to fly and shoot beams ?!?

Derga

Heh and hear I was thinking that her being something like Devil Jin was the only way we could get some Tengu action. Good stuff. Lets just hope she has those insane throws the regular Tengu has.

Keved

Honestly, this is some pretty cruel treatment to the Tengu fans if this is true. I mean can't TN just be upfront & honest about this early by announcing on a tweet that Tengu will not be returning to confirm that he will NOT be in the roster at all? Sometimes being blunt is being cruel, but in this case i think it's warranted. An honest, early "No" response to the fans would atleast put this debacle to rest & would've avoided such bitter disappointment from those that still had some sense of weight in their expectations of the possibility that Tengu could still return because no definite answer had been given. It seems to me that all they're simply doing right now is toying with their albeit small but strongly dedicated fanbase. If he is not in then so be it, the omission will still hurt no less but at least the Tengu fans would all know where they stand with the big man's predicament. If they just gave people a solid, concrete answer we could all move on. Stop dangling that chocolate cake in front of peoples faces just to watch them beg, it's really poor form imo. If, however this is all kerfuffle & the big fellow does turn up then i will gladly eat my words & then some.

Anyway, sympathies to Forlorn Penguin & the dedicated Tengu brethren out there if this is true though, this has got to hurt no matter which way you look at it. If Marirose is legit i seriously can't see her being a female Tengu though. Although that would be fairly epic if she was designed right, it would look just that little bit too bizarre fighting a winged woman with weird monster tits & a long conk while wearing stilts. But then again Rachel does need a fiend like character to beat on & well, after seeing some of Zack's outfits i guess the word bizarre was already thrown out the window eh. :cool: Ba-dum-tish!

On to this new character then (if that source can be trusted), without sounding too bias, i really REALLY want an Australian female character with the accent & some classic slang thrown in for good measure. With one of her costumes being an Aussie flag bikini top (this would work lads, trust me, trust DOA), beach towel wrapped around her midriff & a pair of sandals. If this were to come true I would main this lass for sure, absolutely no doubt about it just for the sheer pride of it.

Name: Marirose
Nationality: Australian/Aboriginal descent
Fighting Style: Something brutal similar to Vanessa from the VF universe
Hair Color: Bandana covering her dredlocks :cool: Awwwwwwwwwwwwwww yeah-yuh!!

Edit: I take all that back about female Tengu. Bring on the big conk, monster tits & stilts!

GUYS!!!!! TENGU PLAYERS REJOICE !!!!!

MARIROSE IS HALF HUMAN HALF TENGU ...
SHE IS OUT TO HAVE HER REVENGE ON RYU HAYABUSA FOR KILLEN HER FATHER !!! THE ORIGINAL TENGU!!!

OH MY DAYS !!!

(NOTE: this is not a troll I promise you)

1309.gif

Edit: Just realized I've been trolled again ROFL!!!! I went through about three different emotions in one minute.

Last edited:

Zeo

Tsk tsk tsk... and I was just about to say "CALLED IT!"

Truthfully that would have actually have been majorly epic. Oh well, off to bed I go. Perhaps there'll be some concrete info tomorrow/later today.

Rawbietussin

The "Female Tengu / Miyama's Woman" title was already proclaimed by Ayane herself in her DOA2 ending.

That would just make Marirose's existence, redundant.

Keved

Far out i think i need to lie down after all this Marirose/female tengu stuff we just witnessed in the span of five minutes.

I simply went from feeling like this

tumblr_mjgobyf7Ar1rkcwnbo1_250.gif

to ending up like this

giveup.gif

:confused:

Rawbietussin

Honestly, offsprings of characters we used to know, play and love just tends to feel "not like how it used to be". I still couldn't believe that Sophitia's kids were taking over in SC5.

I wouldn't want any of the DOA characters that I like getting kids so early.

Kronin

Guys, I just realized who is the new character: Marirose is the (almost) anagram of... Rosemary! The complete name of Rose from the Metal Gear saga!

http://metalgear.wikia.com/wiki/Rosemary

Rosemaryyh7.jpg

Maybe she passed to DoA for cheating his husband cyborg ninja Raiden with the falcon ninja Ryu (after all the only real body parts left in the poor Raiden are only the head and his spine... I don't know if I'm enough clear...)

Jokes aside I really love the characters of Metal Gear... and I really love Tengu too! :( It's a really shame that TN didn't decided to put him on the roster, with his unique moveset and being the only DoA5 missing character to have been appeared in more than 1 game of the main series, I still think that his introduction was what was needed for completing the roster of DoA5U. Team Ninja was really able to surprise me, I didn't think that they would have decided to create a new original character, and also if I like all the extra characters of Dimensions and Irene, I'm really excited to discover who will be this new girl. But anyway, I will continue to think that Tengu will be the big absent of the roster.... :(

The other thing I predicted:
The character will for a very long time, maybe even forever be exclusive to the arcade version. It's the new arcade version's main selling point, why give it to the console versions then? We might see Marirose on consoles in DoA6. ;)

I don't think so, there are various hints in DoA5U that make think that the game is thought for having the place to another (and sadly only one) character.

PS: I truly sorry for you @Forlorn Penguin

Blazeincarnated

Hmmmmm

EDIT: Google translates the japanese to:
"Half human and Tengu: Marie Rose. War to take revenge of his father was overthrown in falcon. The change to the Tengu state and human condition. Tengu state super heavyweight division. Breast milk is super. Minimum human when in reverse. Fly. I able to shoot the beam
LMMFAO. XD I CAN'T!

KwonJigglypuff

That's why I want this Marirose chick to be her childhood best friend.

Hmm I can see this.

*flashback*

Rose-Marie and Helena are having a doll's tea party.
Helena : I'm blonde, I'm a rich bitch, yeah. You're my BFF Rosie!
Rose-Marie : I know right!
Christie (entering the room) : Can I play with you girls ?
Helena : No coz you got white hair.
Rose-Marie : *laughs*
Christie (leaving the room crying) : You will pay for this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD