The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blazeincarnated

I am going to enjoy trying out this new lass for sure but damn is she going to be annoying when you lose against her. To be fair, any character is annoying to lose too..........but that hands-behind-her-back marching taunt....not going to lie, i can honestly see myself making a habit of doing this taunt quite abit in-game haha! :cool:

Just look at the smug confidence in that stride!

Towards the end Kasumi was about to attack LMAO "IM SICK OF THIS SHIT" *dink*

crapoZK

Standard Donor
I thought that was just a back facing walk away animation... But it seems that it is a taunt.

Akumasama

Gothic Lolita isn't actually "Goth" in some cases. Take Rachel Alucard from BlazBlue... Lili from Tekken, Amy from Soul Calibur. All that's "Goth" about them is really just their attire. Though, Amy does have a certain personality that could be associated with one...

rachel-stance.gif

The resemblance is uncanny lol =P
What exactely is the "goth personality" lol?
I think you meant emo maybe?

Akumasama

But goth is not a personality.
It can be a visual style, but he's talking about "personality".
There is no single goth personality stereotype, whereas you can find the classic personality stereotype for emo.

And that's where he's confused, when he says that Amy's personality is suited for "Goth".

FatalxInnocence

But goth is not a personality.
It can be a visual style, but he's talking about "personality".
There is no single goth personality stereotype, whereas you can find the classic personality stereotype for emo.

And that's where he's confused, when he says that Amy's personality is suited for "Goth".

All stereotypes have a said personality. You yourself went "Maybe he meant Emo?" in which case, I could retort "Emo is a visual style" cause it is, as well as a personality type. Every visual style has a personality type associated with it.

Goth was around long before Emo, in the end Emo is just a branch of goth. No point getting into detail over it here, so if you don't agree with what I said then that's your prerogative. It's not like it's that important anyways.

Dave

Looks like we get a new DLC pack. Casual Collection Volume 1. It's in the information scroll on the game. Don't know who is in it, or when we get. Most likely tomorrow. Can't find any information on it.

RoboJoe

So no sports pack 2? I'm surprised they didn't cover baseball considering how popular it is in Japan. I do admit I'm slightly looking forward to this next pack. On one hand I really like dressing fighting game characters in casual outfits and business wear, but on the other hand I fully expect TN to come up with something real shitty that's also recoloured for half the cast.

Jyakotu

Standard Donor
Some of the outfits the characters have are very casual. I mean, Hitomi is casual in the C1, which is just a tanktop and jeans. Eliot is very casual with his C4. I could go on. I'll probably buy the costume for Eliot, but that's about it.

SaihateDYNAMO

Tuxedos for Hayate and Hayabusa
Opera dress for Helena
Kasumi's denim skirt and pink scarf
Tina's model outfit from that one DOA2 cutscene
Eliot's hoodie
Red DOAD jacket for Ein
Pai's VF4 pink alternate outfit
Sarah's VF4 pink alternate outfit
Christie's DOA4 red and black outfit
Recolor of Bayman's polo shirt
Zack's Hawaiian shirt