The DOA5U "Casual" thread. ^__^

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
The one thing I wish all Tengus can do is change seasons in stage. I know it's stupid and does nothing competitive but I loved the knock back the stomp to change the season. It really added to his deception motif. If I were to implement it I'd use it in a throw which would give you different effect on different seasons ( although her tornado throw is awesome).

Standing gives you Fall: Tornado lift

Down gives you Winter: Slip stun

Back turned Spring: Some type of ground bounce.

Air Summer: whatever hard knockdown? Or a set up?

At any rate these grabs would change the stage or at least give them a look. Like to be cheap just put frost on the UI on the corners and add snow effects. Summer turn up the brightness or something. But in the Forest stage I'd like to see dynamic changes to the stage. Maybe next gen......

Xhominid The Demon Within

Since we are back to the Tengu discussion for a few seconds, let me get on this post real fast.

Unless I use the character frequently, they are trash to me, because I can beat them. Sarah is no different. She's not scary at all, because she's easy as fuck to counter. Sarah in VF was like, what, upper mid tier at best. Ha! And he shouldn't be disappointed. Nyotengu brings back an updated Tengu-Do fighting style, the Tengu personality, and a beautiful new character design. Personally, he should be grateful.
Okay dude, let's not be rude to those who truly wanted Bankotsubo back.

Yes, it sucks for them that after all of Team Ninja's teasing, they get themselves a Tengu with tits as pretty much everyone calls her, but just like Emperor_COW stated, it's obvious they did this because they KNEW Bankotsubo wouldn't sell well at all.

This does not mean I cannot say he isn't popular on some level, but compared to Leon and Ein? Not even. And as I stated, I virtually forgot everything about him except for appearance and quotes as he's just so damn bland, but because I see it as bland doesn't mean everyone else does.
And this is where the dilemma is: Lady Tengu is pretty much the gateway to making Bankotsubo a bit more tolerable to those that are indifferent to him. She still has his moves so those that are very intrigued can easily gate themselves to liking Bankotsubo that much more, especially if they do more with him because they KNOW already how popular he really is. And she also has a personality that works on her own and can easily carry her even moreso than Rachel was to Nicole.

In the end, I easily see both parties benefiting. The Bankotsubo fans who will get him in DOA6 at the very least, while those who weren't keen to him can slowly get to like his moveset while STILL getting a new character personality wise with Lady Tengu.

Keved

The one thing I wish all Tengus can do is change seasons in stage. I know it's stupid and does nothing competitive but I loved the knock back the stomp to change the season. It really added to his deception motif. If I were to implement it I'd use it in a throw which would give you different effect on different seasons ( although her tornado throw is awesome).

Standing gives you Fall: Tornado lift

Down gives you Winter: Slip stun

Back turned Spring: Some type of ground bounce.

Air Summer: whatever hard knockdown? Or a set up?

At any rate these grabs would change the stage or at least give them a look. Like to be cheap just put frost on the UI on the corners and add snow effects. Summer turn up the brightness or something. But in the Forest stage I'd like to see dynamic changes to the stage. Maybe next gen......
I absolutely love this idea & would support it's inclusion wholeheartedly!

Just on Nyutengu, any chance she will have Tengu's classic stomp grind move?

I use to love hearing the crunching of bones being splintered as Tengu grinds the geta into his prone opposition.

Dr Snipe

Premium Donor
I absolutely love this idea & would support it's inclusion wholeheartedly!

Just on Nyutengu, any chance she will have Tengu's classic stomp grind move?

I use to love hearing the crunching of bones being splintered as Tengu grinds the geta into his prone opposition.
It's probably still there more akin to Rachel's crotch stomp but no force tech.

Vigoorian King

I hate Rachel. Don't you all hate Rachel too? Come, let us join hands and hate Rachel together.
So I went to bed thinking how proud I am of the casual thread. Look, for such a long time no one here was hating on Rachel. Then I wake up and see this. REALLY MOTHERFUCKER? It never ends and I'm tired of it. I don't know how many times I was defending Rachel here, I still remember who told that ''she looks like drag queen'', that ''Ru Paul is prettier than Rachel'', that ''she has clown hair and make up'', that ''she just looks like one of those girls you see with plastic surgery everywhere'', that ''she looks like Jynx''. Even Sarah isn't so much hated (do I have to remind that everytime when there's discussion here about Sarah someone has to compare her to Rachel and the hell start all over again). I think I have to bring back what I wrote 2 months ago:
Klts3 said:
I feel like people will start liking Rachel more after DOA6's story mode. They gotta get to know her story and see what's inside of her. After years of hunting fiends she started hiding behind the mask of a tough, fearless woman. Her life is all about saving the world from monsters, but everybody looks at her and thinks 'She's just a nasty bitch, I don't like her'. I really hope that in DOA6 she will start a normal life and everybody will get to see how amazing and lovely person she is. That's all I ask TN for.
Oh yeah, and a bit of Rachel's stunning beauty for everyone!
ALBUMOD11P1750006099108.jpg

ALBUMOC08J5651006099144.jpg
ALBUMOF05O1549006020127.jpg

Tirahrr

So I went to bed thinking how proud I am of the casual thread. Look, for such a long time no one here was hating on Rachel. Then I wake up and see this. REALLY MOTHERFUCKER? It never ends and I'm tired of it. I don't know how many times I was defending Rachel here, I still remember who told that ''she looks like drag queen'', that ''Ru Paul is prettier than Rachel'', that ''she has clown hair and make up'', that ''she just looks like one of those girls you see with plastic surgery everywhere'', that ''she looks like Jynx''. Even Sarah isn't so much hated (do I have to remind that everytime when there's discussion here about Sarah someone has to compare her to Rachel and the hell start all over again). I think I have to bring back what I wrote 2 months ago:

View attachment 6244
View attachment 6241 View attachment 6243
Dude I'm sorry to tell you, but trying to make people like a character they don't like doesn't help at all. I've seen this happen all too often; people insist that said character/person is awesome and here's why. It's like thing to convince a person who hates Justin Beiber that no, supposedly his music is actually really good. Like, good luck with that lol. It won't change anything and people just keep on hating/trolling. It's much easier to not waste your time.

People have different opinions on beauty and well, on everything really. Not everyone is going to like Rachel. Just learn to live with it.

Btw if it makes you feel any better, I do like Rachel and think she's beautiful. And I'm sure I'm far from the only one on this forum.

Rawbietussin

Boredom results in a list of the heights

7'3" - :genra:

7'2" - :spartan:

7'1" - :tengu:

6'8" - :spartan: without armor

6'5" - :bass:

6'4" - :leon:

6'2" - :bayman:

6'1" - :rig:

6'0" - :bradwong:

5'11" - :hayate::akira::jacky::zack:

5'10" - :jannlee::christie::hayabusa:

5'9" - :lisa::tina:

5'8" - :sarah::rachel:

5'7" - :mila::genfu::helena: (And Nyotengu)

5'6" - :eliot:

5'5" - :pai: (And Rio)

5'4" - :leifang:

5'3" - :hitomi::momiji:

5'2" - :alpha152::ayane::kasumi::kasumi-alpha::kokoro:

4'10" - :marierose:

Doesnt feel like these heights are accurate in game though.

I'm the same height as Lisa and Tina but I still feel..... Short.

edit:

Please ready my Selena "I doubled posted gif".

--------------------------------------------------------------------------

I DOUBLE-POSTED!

tumblr_m5tz5l0EK91rp4j48.gif

Last edited by a moderator:

Jadeinchains

View attachment 6244
View attachment 6241 View attachment 6243

All of this!

Aspect

If DOA5 keeps adding characters at this rate, I have no idea what they are going to do with DOA6. I haven't played too many fighters but until DOA I've never encountered a game that kept releasing DLC characters but rather include them in the next game title. I suppose this is good so we don't have to buy yearly revisions that milk our money though. Just a thought I've had

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD