The International Interviews: #6 JayceeChris

Force_of_Nature

Standard Donor
ky is representatitve
My point is that JayceeChris is a perfectly fine representative. I.e. It's not necessary for AirGear to bust his ass to get an interview with Ky Dragon when JayceeChris is more readily available and serves the role fine.

The point of these interviews is to raise awareness of DOA talent outside of the US along with recognizing players that deserve it. JayceeChris deserves the recognition.

...And I really <3 his Ein lol.

JayceeChris

nice interview ;) jaycee are very good but in france all players see in every last tournament the same top 2 :
1 gehaktbal from netherland
2 ky dragon from france

People these days, smh...
I've read it like "He's good but you haven't interviewed the best player".
This kind of comment doesn't bring anything relevant. It's typically French to put label on a player and excuse me but I do not care about who's number 1,2,3 or whatever. I just want to play my favorite character, have fun, learn and improve. It will take the time that it takes but I'll get better with time (and time is forever).

Characters like Ein have a lot of trouble putting on pressure, especially since they nerfed his 3p to -4 on block. A lot of tier lists usually value the ability to apply pressure over defensive and ranged options. Wall pressure and the ability to move in at the start of the match also puts a lot of emphasis on a characters ability to fight up close.

Oh interesting, How much does 3P use to be ? Does it use to be like 0 on block ?
I also don't like the fact that players can move at the start of the round, this and getting Hi Counter when you backdash. Gotta deal with it anyway.

Ken_Jammin

Oh interesting, How much does 3P use to be ? Does it use to be like 0 on block ?
I also don't like the fact that players can move at the start of the round, this and getting Hi Counter when you backdash. Gotta deal with it anyway.

Yeah it use to be +0 it was a great option moving in cause you could still jab if your 3P got blocked or even do another 3P.

Alucardo

ky is representatitve
Well the main problem for ky is his english level, if you need people to translate it's not easy to setup the interview.
By the way if another people from the french scene should be interviewed I would love a K4arma's interview because if we have a french offline scene it's because of him (tournament organiser, critical-stun founder and wrote many strategic guide on our forum)

TOMA SAN

Standard Donor
lol lot of waves with just a water drop...

i love too jaycee chris style and i love too all top player style because its effective and nice. But i dont know why lot of people speak like this about ky dragon, force of nature you speak you want show doa talent outside of usa i think ky its a great talent, he know the game, he is on top 2 since many tournament in france and his game are very good with lot of character. But i think maybe because you like ein you speak with your heart and dont see the objective side

jaycee i say this not for you lol but just to inform all us people to the situation in france since a few tournaments. karma says the same things when he comment all tournament
"we know already who go to the final..." like alucardo should be says they exist a "gap" between gehaktbal, ky dragon and the other players in europe...but this distance is going to be narrowed with the doa league and the recent level up of all players

and i dont wasn't saying "he's good but you haven't interviewed the best player"
i just inform the future possiblity of an interview of player in europe like alucardo speak about karma in an other possibility to show our europe community....(im agree about karma maybe too deadpool)

IFC Ein

I contribute videos and guides for Ein but I clearly get no credit or anything and I'm the only Ein to win an offline tournament. Nice post though

JayceeChris

The US of A does have Ein reps. @shazzmatazzles and T-Boy for example :)
Yeah Ikodomo told me about her, I'm really looking forward to see her play.
I don't know T-Boy but I'd also like to watch some of his matchs.
If you guys have any videos I'll take 'em, gotta get some inspirations.

I contribute videos and guides for Ein but I clearly get no credit or anything and I'm the only Ein to win an offline tournament. Nice post though
Impressive ! Do you have a link or something ?

IFC Ein

I don't know T-Boy but I'd also like to watch some of his matchs.
If you guys have any videos I'll take 'em, gotta get some inspirations.

Impressive ! Do you have a link or something ?
I'm the guy who trained Tboy and has helped many other fellow Ein players throughout the years. You can just type my name in on YouTube and see my vids and gameplay if you have never ears of myself Tboy or offbeat.

Matt Ponton

Founder
Staff member
Administrator
Standard Donor
Oh yes you're right, sorry I was mistaken.

Yeah, it was HCB in previous entries. It's one of the system mechanics I brought up to them to change with DOA5 before release. They told me the reason it was set to HCB was because they didn't want the game at the time (release of DOA1) to award running away - or to rather not penalize running away. Free Stepping still moves you closer to the opponent so it's given Normal Hit properties and penalizing you for attempting to Free Step Dodge was too prohibitive. Though I still would rather have it be NB, I'm happy it's not as severe as HCB anymore.

Look up match videos of this year's Dead or Alive In Dallas (DID) for her. Just plug into YouTube DID and @shazzmatazzles you should find her.

JayceeChris

Thanks, I've found some online matchs on Youtube. However I haven't found any games during the last DID.
Watch a few of yours @IFC Ein, not really my style but It's cool, I respect that.

Dark-truth

I'm the guy who trained Tboy and has helped many other fellow Ein players throughout the years. You can just type my name in on YouTube and see my vids and gameplay if you have never ears of myself Tboy or offbeat.
LOL i never heard of you, no offense n_n, btw why was ein added in 5U ? is he even relevant now hayate is back ?

Zeo

LOL i never heard of you, no offense n_n, btw why was ein added in 5U ? is he even relevant now hayate is back ?
He's relevant because he has a distinct playstyle that Hayate lacks. Both Hayate and Hitomi originated as Ein replacements in DOA3, but as the installments continued and the system "evolved" so did their playstyles and with each iteration they played less and less like Ein. As of DOA5U they have completely different playstyles from him which makes him relevant again. At this point his only lack of relevance is story related and lolatstoryinfightinggamesmattering

The US of A does have Ein reps.
@shazzmatazzles and T-Boy for example :)[/QUOTE]

Seen T-Boy, not the former though. Guess I'd actually need to be at these events to see them. It's just that for a lot of characters there are players, top or not that are synonymous with a characters name. When you hear Christie you think E-Mann or Kwiggle, Helena = XCal, Hayate = Repoman/Shade, Kasumi = Allan Paris and so on for various characters. Even Brad has Chosen1 (well... not sure how much he still plays). For Ein though there's no one. JayCee certainly comes to mind but that brings me back to "US" Ein.

Thanks @Zeo, very nice of you. Do you still play the game ?
Not anymore. Unexpected things happened and I stopped. Can't help feeling a certain way about not being able to go out and represent him (Akira and Hayate too, but less so). It's been almost a year since I stopped playing and to this day I still get messages from people asking me for help or advice. Even from T-Boy. Makes me feel like I have some sort of elder or sensei status which I never accept but it still makes me feel like I should be out there showing everyone how it's done. Especially since I feel like I could really go toe to toe with the top players at my best. It just... feels like I'm the one who's supposed to rep him (as well as Akira/Hayate).

Rambling though, to answer your question I haven't played in almost a year with anyone. Last thing I did was research Ein tech 8 or so months back as you well know.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD