The New "Big Names" In The Online Scene?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omegan Eckhart

5 bar connections usually feel very similar to offline matches. Now I don't get them often, but I bet other European players who play in lobbies with their compatriots get very good matches. I've seen lots of German and French lobbies...

Has anyone measured the average input delays for 5, 4, 3 bar connections? That would be interesting and beneficial. I'm not sure how it could be done though...
Getting a good match is almost random with DOA5. You and I have played a few matches and we have a 4/5 bar and as you know it is very laggy. Very few 5 bar connections are smooth in my experience, I have played 1 bars that were better than 4 bars. Sometimes 3 bars are great.

I've never played a match that felt anywhere close to offline sadly. Even with other people in the UK. Strangely NL players usually offer the best connections.

I don't usually get input lag on DOA5 the lag generally just slows the match down. Very occasionally I get input lag, no where near often enough to analyse it though.

P1naatt1ke1tt0

Getting a good match is almost random with DOA5. You and I have played a few matches and we have a 4/5 bar and as you know it is very laggy. Very few 5 bar connections are smooth in my experience, I have played 1 bars that were better than 4 bars. Sometimes 3 bars are great.

I've never played a match that felt anywhere close to offline sadly. Even with other people in the UK. Strangely NL players usually offer the best connections.

I don't usually get input lag on DOA5 the lag generally just slows the match down. Very occasionally I get input lag, no where near often enough to analyse it though.

Well it has to be input lag when you can't punish unsafe moves, and that's a general property of all except for the very best online connections. Maybe we here in the north have better mutual connections, with fellow Finns and also Swedes we get very good connections sometimes. I don't get particularly good connections with NL players... the backbone international fiber cables sure don't go the straigtest route always, thus more ping and more lag.

I'm very sceptic about the coming patch, probably won't change much.

I've never had a good 1 bar connection, although some 4 bar ones are bad. BTW we usually have 3 bars between us... it shows 4 bars in the lobby, then in drops to 3 at character select.

Prince Adon

Best in the World!!!
Premium Donor
Feelings are subjective, both yours and mine. Do you have any ideas how the actual delay in terms of frames could be measured?

No. I have no reason to believe it's possible for online to play like offline. It's just not. I play 5bar matches with other Cali players all the time and while its definitely much smoother than any other online matches you still can't block/hold and react, or punish properly. No one can. And whenever I go offline I'm study reminded how slow online is(even on 5 bars). So no. Feelings are not subjective and I doubt you can do any of the things that I've complained about.

Doa_Eater

I say, that guy should at least be awarded somehow for the commitment of his tweets, maybe a character named Max that complains a lot, in short something like Dan from SF.

shunwong

I say, that guy should at least be awarded somehow for the commitment of his tweets, maybe a character named Max that complains a lot, in short something like Dan from SF.

Such character could be a bitchy drag queen, in the usual sexy DOA style. Maxie Drag-O-Queenie

PS: Her win qoute would be "Go find god!"

Omegan Eckhart

I'm very sceptic about the coming patch, probably won't change much.
The patch isn't for addressing the lag it's more of a missing features patch. I'm sure they will take a shot at the netcoding whilst they are at it though.
I've never had a good 1 bar connection, although some 4 bar ones are bad. BTW we usually have 3 bars between us... it shows 4 bars in the lobby, then in drops to 3 at character select.
We had a 4 today and it was pretty okay, not great but definitely playable. Strange the connection changes so much each time we play.

CyberEvil

Master Ninja
Staff member
Administrator
Premium Donor
This is not going to continue. Threads like this serve no constructive purpose and often, as mentioned before, simply don't end well. Pre-emptive strike!

Status
Not open for further replies.
ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD