DOA5LR The New Move(s) Suggestions Thread

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I wanted to make a casual move thread where FSD members can suggest new moves for their main characters and characters in general. In this thread, feel free to leave moves(can be completely new or derived from an original/old one) that you would find useful or neat to have for the character in mind, but make sure it's a fair and reasonable one and it doesn't come off as OP or game breaking. If you want to leave an explanation or frame data or anything about that suggested move, feel free to include that too!:) Also, if you ever get another suggestion, you can just edit your original post and add it there to save time and to have your suggestions all in one place. I'll begin:
:kasumi:236H+K/:236::H+K:- Inspired from her already existing 2H+K move that is from the 6PK2K string. This move is basically the last kick of the 6PKK string, and does the same general thing the move does, which is knock the opponent far backwards if it hits. Since it's done by itself, it would have a somewhat slower start up, and would be unsafe on block.

214P2K/:214::P::2::K:- derived from her old DOA2 66P2K string, except with a different input since she currently already has a move with the same input. The first hit would be safe on block, but only stuns CH, and launches on HCH but has a low launch like her 2KK string as a sacrifice. It can also provide a slight refloat if done on airborne opponents. The second 2K hit trips on NH, but knocks down only on HCH, and would be unsafe at -15 on block, and would be fairly predictable since it's a static string with only one possible follow up. It can also hard force tech opponents who are on the ground.

P2KK/:P::2::K::K:- A possible hybrid combination that merges her high punch with her 2KK string, making it a high to low to high string. It pretty much has the same properties as the original separate moves, but provides a decent and basic way to further mix up her attacks. To make it balanced, it is not possible to delay this string at all after the 2K, meaning it can be held on reaction if your opponent reads the flow.

:phase4:236PP/:236::P::P:- A move derived from Kasumi's old DOA1 move 3PP or PPPP where she finished the string with another upwards slap instead of the 2K follow up TN replaced the DOA2 66P string with. The first hit is a mid, and the second hit is a high that stuns on NH, but would be unsafe at -9. The first hit doesn't provide a slight refloat like kasumi's variant would, but the second hit can. To balance it's abilities, the move string is relatively weak, similar to how Kasumi's PPPP and 3PP move was weakened in DOA5LR because of the added refloat capability.

236PK/:236::P::K:- Derived from Kasumi's DOA3 string 66PK where she does an upper mid slash and finishes the string with a a backwards cartwheel flip. The flip would be unsafe at -15 on block, but stuns on NH and CH, but knocks down on Hi counter hit. There is also another possible way to finish the string: Like Kasumi's 66K~K string, Phase can delay the 236PK string to make the 236P~K string, which is safe on block and provides a launch if the ~K hits. This comes at the cost of being VERY predictable and able to be held on reaction.

9K~P+K 9K or P/:9::K::~::P+K: :9::K: or :P:- This string is obviously derived from Kasumi's 9KK and 9KP string, except these have Phase 4's teleport on hit properties thrown in. This is a JUST FRAME attack with very strict timing to execute the 9K~P+K tele-cancel, and it has to hit! Because the 9K already knocks down, this is a more situational string that punished opponents who try to FT after the 9K hit them. The 9K follow up after the tele-cancel knocks down on NH and causes a bounces on CH or HCH if the opponent attempts to hold or attack you upon getting up. The P follow up has the normal properties that the 3P+KP has, and would be useful for sending an opponent flying backwards into a danger zone or environmental hazard or fall. Both hits would be unsafe on block if the opponent chooses to defend.

43T/:4::3::F:- Inspired from her 46T teleport throw. This throw targets low crouching opponents, and when initiated, she teleports out of sight and reappears as she does a harsh slash to her opponent. This puts your opponent into a sit down down, allowing you a chance to start up a combo, but 33K and 33P will not be usable in this state since the stun is brief and to prevent an OP juggle opportunity.

4H+K/:4::H+K:- Pretty much the same as Kasumi's, but this does not provide a sit down stun. This has the same properties as the DOA2 version, and instead knocks down the opponent on hit, and will cause a bounce if done on counter hit or hi counter hit for a launch combo.

236K/:236::K:- Derived from Kasumi's 3KK string, with the move being the second vaulting kick she uses to finish the string. Stuns on NH, and knocks down on counter and hi counter hit.

PP8K~P+K/:P::P::8::K::~::P+K:- A merged string that combines the PP with her 8K, which are all linear high hit level attacks. The string allows her to teleprt if it hits, but there is a slight delay upon the 8K part, meaning it can be interrupted fairly easy if predicted. Unsafe on block.

*Note: For Phase 4's moves, I avoided any low or high to low mix ups since phase 4 isn't really supposed to easily open her opponents. I focused mainly on mid and high hits so she would not be OP.

Last edited:

UpSideDownGRUNT

I'll bite....

:ein:
1K2K/:1::K::2::K: - Derived from DOA3 Hayate, honestly Ein needs more lows... maybe not as many as Hitomi has but more than 1P, 2P, 2K and 2H+K would be nice lol. The move would still keep force up on 1K but remove force up from the sweep follow up, delayable and unsafe(-12 on block)

4PPK/:4::P::P::K: - It honestly doesn't really make sense that Hitomi has this but Ein doesn't, the move would have the same properties as Hitomi's.

236H+K/:236::H+K: - Ein's jump kick(BT 8K), many Ein players feel Ein would benefit from having his jump kick from neutral just like Hitomi has, would have the same properties as BT 8K.

:hitomi:
WRK/:3_: :5: :K: - either derived from Ein or a new animation to better fit Hitomi, seeing Ein's removal in DOA6 is inevitable, I'd like to see Hitomi learn a few of his tricks... WRK could also personally help her stun launch game too, sure she has 66H+K and 33P both REALLY good launchers, but Hitomi has so many strings she could get some serious damage from it. (20 frames, unsafe, W!.)

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
I'll bite....

:ein:
1K2K/:1::K::2::K: - Derived from DOA3 Hayate, honestly Ein needs more lows... maybe not as many as Hitomi has but more than 1P, 2P, 2K and 2H+K would be nice lol. The move would still keep force up on 1K but remove force up from the sweep follow up, delayable and unsafe(-12 on block)

4PPK/:4::P::P::K: - It honestly doesn't really make sense that Hitomi has this but Ein doesn't, the move would have the same properties as Hitomi's.

236H+K/:236::H+K: - Ein's jump kick(BT 8K), many Ein players feel Ein would benefit from having his jump kick from neutral just like Hitomi has, would have the same properties as BT 8K.

:hitomi:
WRK/:3_: :5: :K: - either derived from Ein or a new animation to better fit Hitomi, seeing Ein's removal in DOA6 is inevitable, I'd like to see Hitomi learn a few of his tricks... WRK could also personally help her stun launch game too, sure she has 66H+K and 33P both REALLY good launchers, but Hitomi has so many strings she could get some serious damage from it. (20 frames, unsafe, W!.)
Good suggestions! Ein does really need some more lows, and I can see the WRK kick working for Hitomi, they'd just need to refine the animation a little to fit her and make it more fresh.

Argentus

:mila:
- her 6H against air kicks should continue into mount stance since when they hit the ground.
- I want her to have an air throw. Not like desert falcon, but like the muscle driver (like how Bass has the Muscle Buster.)

This is the kinniku driver at 0:40

:leon:
- Arm Grenade should combo grab to Dervish Throw
- Give him Nicole's old stance. The one where she leans back and either does a straight punch or straight kick.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
:mila:
- her 6H against air kicks should continue into mount stance since when they hit the ground.
- I want her to have an air throw. Not like desert falcon, but like the muscle driver (like how Bass has the Muscle Buster.)

This is the kinniku driver at 0:40

:leon:
- Arm Grenade should combo grab to Dervish Throw
- Give him Nicole's old stance. The one where she leans back and either does a straight punch or straight kick.
Nice suggestions! And welcome to the party, snacks are on the left, and drinks are in the back next to the hot tub:cool: If you ever have more just add on. I might share this with TN if the thread becomes active enough

Nikotsumi

:honoka:
-:214::P: : Christie's 214P, which she had in the command training video before LR was released. Same properties as the original move.
-:214::H+K: : Bayman's 236K, she had this one too, it's the same as the one in the PPPK string. +1 on block.
-:1::6::P: : Gen Fu's 16P, she had this one too. Same properties as her (2P+K)46P.
:4::4::P: : Just like Kasumi's 44P, you could do all the P strings.
-:214::K: : Ein's 214K, same properties as the original move.
-:2::K: during Bokuho : Helena's Bokuho 2K, she need more lows, and another option from Bokuho. On block/whiff > Bokuho, on hit > Hissatsu no Kamae, it could work animation-wise. Change it to stun during threshold. -10 on block.
-:2::H+K: : Zack's 2H+K. Remove the current 2H+K or change it to 1H+K. -13 on block
-:2: :P: during Hissatsu no Kamae : Why does she have a low throw from this stance and not a low hit? The animation could look like Kokoro's Heichu 2P, -5~10 on block. On hit it could be a transition into Hissatsu again, but it would be OP.
-:236::F: : Don't really know which one she should get, maybe Kokoro's 236T.
If TN were to add her moves from Marie,Hayabusa,Nyotengu,Momiji,Mila and Rachel in the future than she should have this ones from Marie: (i don't really see it happening though, maybe in DOA6).
-New stance : Rondo, it would not parry high and mid punches though.
-:K: & :P::P: during Rondo : Marie's ones, Rondo P on hit is a transition into Hissatsu no Kamae, and its stun type has to be changed in order to Hissatsu no Kamae P/K to hit and not whiff, so the second P is not guaranteed like Marie's.
Which moves should be a transition into Rondo? 4P, 4PP, 9PP and 6K. Like Marie you would need to press :4: or :4_: after these moves.
And from Momiji : :4::4::K:

UpSideDownGRUNT

-:214::P: : Christie's 214P, which she had in the command training video before LR was released. Same properties as the original move.
-:214::H+K: : Bayman's 236K, she had this one too, it's the same as the one in the PPPK string. +1 on block.
-:1::6::P: : Gen Fu's 16P, she had this one too. Same properties as her (2P+K)46P.
-:2::K: during Bokuho : Helena's Bokuho 2K, she need more lows, and another option from Bokuho. On block/whiff > Bokuho, on hit > Hissatsu no Kamae, it could work animation-wise. Change it to stun during threshold. -10 on block.
-:2::H+K: : Zack's 2H+K. Remove the current 2H+K or change it to 1H+K. -13 on block
-:2: :P: during Hissatsu no Kamae : Why does she have a low throw from this stance and not a low hit? The animation could look like Kokoro's Heichu 2P, -5~10 on block. On hit it could be a transition into Hissatsu again, but it would be OP.
If TN were to add her moves from Marie,Hayabusa,Nyotengu,Momiji,Mila and Rachel in the future than she should have this ones from Marie: (i don't really see it happening though, maybe in DOA6).
-:K: & :P::P: during Rondo : Marie's ones, Rondo P on hit is a transition into Hissatsu no Kamae, and its stun type has to be changed in order to Hissatsu no Kamae P/K to hit and not whiff, so the second P is not guaranteed like Marie's.
Which moves should be a transition into Rondo? 4P, 4PP, 9PP and 6K. Like Marie you would need to press :4: or :4_: after these moves.
Replace her 7P with something actually useful lol

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
These are neat! I like the idea of her having a rondo stance without the parry....hm, that honestly sounds like it could be interesting. The other suggestions also make sense, Honoka could use a few more options from her copied stances so she won't be as linear and predictable when attacking from them.

KwonJigglypuff

@Nikotsumi I like most of your ideas, but I'm not sure about Honoka having all these options, as they contribute to some of the original character's strength, such as Helena's BKO_2K or Gen Fu's 16P, which are great tools for them. I understand that Honoka lacks many things, but to me she was designed to have most character's signature stances, where she mixes them all, but without taking what's really too important or too useful. The rule TN tried to set, was that Honoka is not suppose to surpass what was intented for the original character's tool.

May I try with Marie's Rondo (4P+K), Nyotengu's Madoi-Nowaki (4P+K) and some other changes ? Tell me if it sounds too much or hard to make.

RONDO NEW!
- Mila's 7PP (transition to Hissatsu no Kamae)
- Christie's 4K+H (high)
- Nyotengu's 2K+H (low)
- don't give her Marie's original options (PP, K) nor the parry property

MADOI-NOWAKI (BT_2P+K) NEW!
- Leon's 44P (less knockback and a cute "yiiiaaaaaaah")
- taunt (Honoka turns back and says "Na-nana-naa-nah!")
-
move Bass's Buffalo Train here instead
- don't give her Nyo's charging wind obviously

ROLL (DOKURITSU-HO + 4K . P+K)
- Mila's P+K (bounce)
- Eliot's 2K+H (transition in Helena's stance)
-
Marie's Flower Wheel_P (low)

OTHERS
- Bokuho_4P now can transition into Rondo
- Lei Fang's 66K from Kokoro's stance (instead of K)
- Momiji's 6P+K from Kokoro's stance (instead of P)
- Ein's 33 . K (transition into Brad's stance)
-
Rig's 214K (transition into Helena's stance)
-
Rachel's last kick in her 6KK used while backturned (powerful kick)

Last edited:

Nikotsumi

I like most of your ideas, but I'm not sure about Honoka having all these options, as they contribute to some of the original character's strength, such as Helena's BKO_2K or Gen Fu's 16P, which are great tools for them. I understand that Honoka lacks many things, but to me she was designed to have most character's signature stances, where she mixes them all, but without taking what's really too important or too useful. The rule TN tried to set, was that Honoka is not suppose to surpass what was intented for the original character's tool.
I agree that she should not take what's really too important or useful from the other characters, also she should not get more options from a "x" stance of "x" character.
I though of Gen Fu's 16P simply because it looks cool and would it not change her too much. While for Gen Fu is indeed a very important tool, i would not be so for her, for exemple in neutral i would use more her 46P instead of this move 'cause it's unsafe, at least for Honoka (her 2P+K46P is -11 on block), the only way i could see it being "useful" is during juggles.
I chose to give her another option in Bokuho because it's the only stance in which she's too predictable. She has 3 options from Dragon Stance, Heichu, Dokuritsu-ho, and Ducking, while from Bokuho she only has mid punches and an high. I did not choose Bokuho 6K (mid K) because it seemed to me more important and useful to Helena than 2K.
RONDO (4P+K from Dragon Stance) NEW!
- Mila's 7PP (transition to Hissatsu no Kamae)
- Christie's 4K+H (high)
- Nyotengu's 2K+H (low)
- Ein's 33 . K (transition into Brad's stance)
-
Rig's 214K (transition into Helena's stance)
- don't give her Marie's original options (PP, K) nor the parry property.
Hmm... I agree that the parry property should definitely be exclusive to Marie, but... Rondo from Dragon Stance would look so awkward, especially this one : 6H+K > Dragon Stance 4P+K > Rondo 2H+K xD Also, even if she does not have Marie's moves from it, it would totally surpass hers with all these options and it should not be like this.
MADOI-NOWAKI (BT_2P+K) NEW!
- Leon's 44P (less knockback and a cute "yiiiaaaaaaah")
- Rachel's last kick in her 6KK (powerful kick)
- Lei Fang's BT P+K (without the charging ability)
- taunt (Honoka turns back and says "Na-nana-naa-nah!")
- transition to her running 'stance' (with the usual options she has)
-
move Bass's Buffalo Train here instead
This would look more awkward, and here too, she gets too much stuff. The first one and the taunt would be so funny though xD
ROLL (DOKURITSU-HO + 4K . P+K)
- Mila's P+K (bounce)
- Eliot's 2K+H (transition in Helena's stance)
-
Marie's Flower Wheel_P (low)
These ones are pretty interesting.
OTHERS
- Bokuho_4P now can transition into Rondo
- Momiji's 214P+K (pink fire instead of red, no close hit property, less damage, transition to Hissatsu no Kamae)
-
Lei Fang's 66K from Kokoro's stance (instead of K)
- Momiji's 6P+K from Kokoro's stance (instead of P)
- Bayman's 236K from Hissatsu no Kamae
Bokuho 4P would work fine as a transition into Rondo but I think Heichu is fine like it is now and 236K from Hissatsu would be a useless move as her K option is a lot better. Also, she should not get a fire move from Momiji, it's like giving her Kasumi's teleports xD Pretty nice and creative ideas btw.

Last edited:

KwonJigglypuff

You're right, I gave her too many options, which contradicts what I said previously (Honoka shouldn't have more options than the original character).

While some of my suggestions would make her overpowered, I like to think of her as the ultimate stance character. So much potential.
I'll edit my post and remove the uncessary stuff based on your advice.

I disagree regarding Kokoro's moves, as they are all unchanged and I find it pretty uncreative. Hence the need to replace some moves (Lei Fang's 66K and Momiji's 6P+K).

Last edited:

PhoenixVFIRE

The idea of Honoka having the roll into Eliot's 2H+K which goes into Bokuho would be pretty cool lol, though the transition would be faster and look smoother if it was roll into Helena's 2H+K instead. I also like roll into Mila's P+K.

KwonJigglypuff

The idea of Honoka having the roll into Eliot's 2H+K which goes into Bokuho would be pretty cool lol, though the transition would be faster and look smoother if it was roll into Helena's 2H+K instead. I also like roll into Mila's P+K.

Thanks.
I'm sure it could work with Eliot's 3H+K, they would have to tweak the animation a bit. I just wanted more of Eliot in Honoka.

KasumiLover

xX_APO_Prince_Xx
Premium Donor
Seriously tho her moveslist needs to be complete

Also give her a 6H+KK2K
That I think would be too much. The 6H+K already stuns on hit, and knocks down on CH and HiCH. and the opponent has to respect that there is a low follow up tacked on, AND a telegraphed wild kick after it as well. The move to me is more of a hold baiter, and the second kick I never use unless I'm at a distance where the opponent doesn't expect it. I think the string is good enough as is at the moment.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD