The Official SoCal DOA Thread

ModusPwnins

Oh, Ultra's out?
And definitely looking forward to getting games in with you again boobiebombs, it's been a while.
As always, if not Super then I'm down to host casuals at my place on Fridays and Saturdays if anyone is willing to make the drive.

ModusPwnins

Eh, gonna have to probably take a break from DOA for 2 weeks or so. I kinda messed up my wrist/finger tendons and or joint lifting something. Sooooooo....time to sit here and memorize frame data and do theoretical character lab-work.

RedReaper

Soooooo. I'll post this. I'm trying to get some DOA action going on in the LA area, specifically the San Fernando Valley. I'm looking for assistance in helping to build the scene here since the greatest thing here which was FFA (Family Fun Arcade) has been gone for a long time, there is a new place called UGC (Ultimate Gaming Center) which has been doing SF, Marvel, Smash, and Skullgirls for a while and each time they decide to bring up DOA, it's usually never met with a high number of people.

Commmanda Panda

hey there! most of us that are active here in the LA area arent too close to the San Fernando valley, but the drive isn't impossible once in a while. We still go out to WNF sometimes and we try to have casuals every Saturday in Long Beach, which may be a bit far for you. We are also trying to build up the community again down here and I'm glad to see someone else north of us trying to help out as well. If you ever want to come out just post on this thread. Also feel free to add some of us on XBL.
<< GT off to the side

RedReaper

hey there! most of us that are active here in the LA area arent too close to the San Fernando valley, but the drive isn't impossible once in a while. We still go out to WNF sometimes and we try to have casuals every Saturday in Long Beach, which may be a bit far for you. We are also trying to build up the community again down here and I'm glad to see someone else north of us trying to help out as well. If you ever want to come out just post on this thread. Also feel free to add some of us on XBL.
<< GT off to the side
Thanks! I do wanna ask the guy in charge of UGC, Roy, to see if he wants to give DOA another chance with a bi-weekly or weekly tournament. All I can ask at the moment is for your cooperation and hopefully this can get started out.

Commmanda Panda

Thanks! I do wanna ask the guy in charge of UGC, Roy, to see if he wants to give DOA another chance with a bi-weekly or weekly tournament. All I can ask at the moment is for your cooperation and hopefully this can get started out.
The thing is that our number arent too much at the moment. So I don't think the numbers will be that much

b-bombs

Standard Donor
I'm down for some play in the valley whenever I have time (inconsistent due to work). It's REALLY difficult to get down to Long Beach for me.

I haven't heard of Ultimate Gaming Center yet! Where is it?

Edit: Google search has solved that question. I'll have to hit that place up soon!

RedReaper

I'm down for some play in the valley whenever I have time (inconsistent due to work). It's REALLY difficult to get down to Long Beach for me.

I haven't heard of Ultimate Gaming Center yet! Where is it?

Edit: Google search has solved that question. I'll have to hit that place up soon!
Sweet. Whenever you're down to go for some casual offline matches, feel free to give me a head's up!

RedReaper

i heard about the place before. in fact i think it was discussed before. but if we can get a time discussed and agreed on then we can try all making it out. i'll be on standby for more info.
I am available on the weekends. The evening would be much more suitable. This place also closes pretty late on the weekends if that is of any help.

ModusPwnins

I miss playing DOA, my hand's broken....:/
Getting checked out by doctor this weekend, probably gonna have a splint applied/ corticosteroid injection.

Vincent Rayne

ah, i see. i wonder how everyone feels about this. i just want additional input. i'm fine with it. plus it'd be fun. only issue would be getting the P-lay guys out to the place.

b-bombs

Standard Donor
It's no different from going to Wednesday Night Fights for a tourney. $10 isn't that big of a deal. I'm cool with it.

In addition once work slows down a bit I'll host something at some point here. Plus EVO is on the way and there are already a few of us looking to go there and play a bit.

ModusPwnins

As usual, no problem with traveling for me. Unless it's a weekday cause of work.
Hopefully I'll be able to get back into the swing of things after this Saturday. On a different note, my plexi-artwork has been mounted so the plexi-stick now has %300 more color.

Rubedood

I'll just say that UGC is a cool place if you wanna find a place to meet up. Some guys from the VF crew started a monthly tournament/gathering there recently, and it worked out very well. Hell, if you schedule it on a saturday, you might see us there, and a few of the VF guys here also play DOA, so they might play some games with you.

RedReaper

The only slight issue is that I tend to go on Fridays due to Classic Fighter and Under-Night Fridays. (Gotta get that CvS 2 fix some how.)

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD