The Official SoCal DOA Thread

iHajinShinobi

Standard Donor
Valle doesn't really want to take DOA out of WNF because of the good impression we gave him there and at SCR. He wants players to show up for DOA and play. But you HAVE to attract more people to the game, fellas. I will tell you, as of right now, your numbers are NOT going to increase because I KNOW FOR A FACT none of you are talking to anyone at Super Arcade or doing anything to gain attention to the game.

You have to go there and you need to stand out more often, if people are passing by and glancing at you playing (and you notice that), talk to them. Please talk to them. People actually are interested in at least giving DOA a try, but that won't happen if you're not being vocal enough or eyeballing the crowd. Let them see the game and if they look interested, ask them if they want to try it out.

Every WNF I attended, mid tournament time, I was being observant and moving around and talking to different people or introduced to different people from Dancing Fighter or other players from time to time. I can't be the pillar for SoCal anymore if I'm no longer there. You guys are smart, and most of you have a lot more than I do. I know you guys can do this. Do not let our scene die out, we've worked too hard for it.

Vincent Rayne

@Vincent Rayne i have a mac so idk if that will work. Is there complications in having people over at your house?
a mac should work. i'll check tomorrow if the program will work on mac. and yeah, since i don't own the place and am only a tenant then i can't just invite multiple guest into the house when i'd like, cause the owner is really anal about that. they like the peace and quiet and whatnot. otherwise we'd have casuals over my place about all the time, if it was up to me.

actually, we have talked to people last WNF. I heard it when I was playing and another time earlier than that when we talked to someone that was interested in the game. so it's not that we are not talking about it. I went to 1337LoungeLive last Friday for Soul Calibur 5 and i brought up Dead or Alive with the guys there as well. so it's not that we aren't trying anything or brushing people off because, by what i can see, we aren't. If i had the money i'd go to Super Arcade on Friday as well to bring it up then but unfortunately, that's out of my reach at the moment.

IcKY

I was wondering if people will be showing up more and more again, if i got extra cash next week I'll be joining DOA

ModusPwnins

I'll be showing up to WNF this week as usual.
Again, if anybody wants to play DOA on Friday at Super I'm always down, especially want to get additional practice now that my main main is coming out :p. Just let me know.
Couldn't hurt to give DOA some additional exposure during console casuals on Friday.

Vincent Rayne

I'll be showing up to WNF this week as usual.
Again, if anybody wants to play DOA on Friday at Super I'm always down, especially want to get additional practice now that my main main is coming out :p. Just let me know.
Couldn't hurt to give DOA some additional exposure during console casuals on Friday.
where would the casuals be on friday.

ModusPwnins

Normally at Super for their console Fridays. But if someone is willing to host, I'm sure I can drive out there. Since everyone lives pretty far from my area/ Super Arcade, I'd rather be able to play til very late on the weekends since there's nobody to play with regularly during the weekdays (unfortunately P-lay closes at 10 :( )

And no I'm not playing online, to hell with online.

Vincent Rayne

Normally at Super for their console Fridays. But if someone is willing to host, I'm sure I can drive out there. Since everyone lives pretty far from my area/ Super Arcade, I'd rather be able to play til very late on the weekends since there's nobody to play with regularly during the weekdays (unfortunately P-lay closes at 10 :( )

And no I'm not playing online, to hell with online.
if i could either get a ride or get money for gas then i'd be willing to drive out there on Friday.

ModusPwnins

Hello and welcome to the SoCal DOA community.
Always nice to get some new players, I myself am fairly new to DOA (formerly Tekken player) so you're in good company.
The regulars here (Vincent, Panda, Qyu, Josh, and myself) usually show up to WNF over at Super Arcade in Walnut.
On weekends, Vincent, Panda, and myself along with some non-forum goers meet up over at P-lay over in Long Beach.
Every now and then BloodBurger, BlackKnight, and NerdUnemployed will host a gathering, tournament, and stream over in Inglewood.

I myself reside over in Hacienda Heights, and am always down to play til hella late on Fridays and Saturdays. On regular weeknights if you can host or something I'm also down to meet up.

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna be at Super Arcade in Walnut tonight for WNF, so it's definitely a good chance to come out and meet some of us if you can.

Last edited:

Carinca

Hello and welcome to the SoCal DOA community.
Always nice to get some new players, I myself am fairly new to DOA (formerly Tekken player) so you're in good company.
The regulars here (Vincent, Panda, Qyu, Josh, and myself) usually show up to WNF over at Super Arcade in Walnut.
On weekends, Vincent, Panda, and myself along with some non-forum goers meet up over at P-lay over in Long Beach.
Every now and then BloodBurger, BlackKnight, and NerdUnemployed will host a gathering, tournament, and stream over in Inglewood.

I myself reside over in Hacienda Heights, and am always down to play til hella late on Fridays and Saturdays. On regular weeknights if you can host or something I'm also down to meet up.

EDIT: Actually, I'm gonna be at Super Arcade in Walnut tonight for WNF, so it's definitely a good chance to come out and meet some of us if you can.

Hey Modus!

First of all, thanks for the warm welcome. I am glad to hear I am not the only n00b player here hehe. I am pretty good at SSB project M and I dabbled in Tekken. I am picking up DOA5U now, and a few of my friends are pretty good at it.

I am a pretty busy guy, but I am down to set something up for next week. This week isn't great for me. Next Wednesday night would work, or Saturday, possibly (I tend to go out on Saturdays haha).

I am in the SGV area, so Walnut isn't TOO far, definitely doable.

Qyudesu

won't be able to make it to any WNF or casual at saturday for a while got a new full time job, going to school and my ps3 broke so I'll be out for a while sry guys.

ModusPwnins

We'll keep it on fridays for now so we don't push ur landlord's buttons.
Wtf am i still doing up? Oh that's right..... Back to the lab with Marie

ModusPwnins

So casuals at P-lay as usual on Saturday. @Carinca we usually start showing up there at around 4-5PM.
Address: 2060 Santa Fe Ave, Long Beach, CA 90810
Free parking either along the street in front of P-lay or across the street at the local park.

Note: P-lay is also where we normally hold our weekday meetups if ppl are down on Tuesday.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD