The Official SoCal DOA Thread

ModusPwnins

@Carinca if you see this, gathering at my place Saturday afternoon til whenever. Since you're in the SGV, my house should be rather close.
I'll send you details via PM.

ModusPwnins

Perhaps over at P-lay? I would assume everyone is getting some last minute practice in to prepare for Cali Crush next weekend.
I'll be there a little late since tomorrow since it's gonna be my niece's birthday.

More grinding out and developing Marie Rose :)

ModusPwnins

My pad is open tonight for any last minute Cali Crush prep if anyone's interested. Or we can go to super arcade if they have setups there.
In fact, I don't think I've even seen the new super arcade yet.

Commmanda Panda

My pad is open tonight for any last minute Cali Crush prep if anyone's interested. Or we can go to super arcade if they have setups there.
In fact, I don't think I've even seen the new super arcade yet.
I think super is only open on tourney days atm. I'll be busy tonight so no casuals for me. I'll cya tmrw

ModusPwnins

Alright so before we enter post-major hiatus. I need an offline training partner in the SGV area like once or twice during weekdays. Someone to run absolute beatdown trains on me.

Vincent Rayne

well, i can try. probably during some weekends on October. cause i still wanna be prepped for if that SoCal DOA halloween tourney happens.

ModusPwnins

well, i can try. probably during some weekends on October. cause i still wanna be prepped for if that SoCal DOA halloween tourney happens.
I just want to hammer out my tourney jitters and really level up my fundamentals.

EDIT: Please don't tell me I have to go the online route. :/

Last edited:

Vincent Rayne

well, the thing is, the only way to get rid of those jitters is to continually experience the actually thing. you can have hundreds of dozens of casual matches but they don't amount to the pressure you feel when facing someone in a competitive state with something on the line. even more so if you are doing a match on stream.

basically the reason i want to come in october is because if i go over there then i gotta stay at least over the night. that way the gas i spent coming over is worth it. that's why i said that.

ModusPwnins

well, the thing is, the only way to get rid of those jitters is to continually experience the actually thing. you can have hundreds of dozens of casual matches but they don't amount to the pressure you feel when facing someone in a competitive state with something on the line. even more so if you are doing a match on stream.

basically the reason i want to come in october is because if i go over there then i gotta stay at least over the night. that way the gas i spent coming over is worth it. that's why i said that.

Yea I know :/
I'm just salty and indulging on wahburgers and french cries at the moment

Vincent Rayne

okay,
Yea I know :/
I'm just salty and indulging on wahburgers and french cries at the moment
so i plan on going to Best of The Battle cause i just learned Air Gear might be going. so that's good news for Modus cause i got a reason to practice more. and a reason to play both DOA and Under-night cause it will have both. so how are plans for this weekend?

ModusPwnins

3 days of DOA and some Under Night this weekend, trying to get prepared for BotB. Gonna try to make it up to San Jose for this with Vincent.

Vincent Rayne

okay so i checked out a place in Palmdale, where i'm living right now, as to having a place to gather and play. the store owner said he'd do it BUT there must be a demand for it. the only games he's got going on right now is super smash bros. and soon to be ultra street fighter 4. the store has only been open 3 months but if the DOA or almost any non-mainstream game has to be in demand in order to be played i think there's not much hope for having DOA or almost anything else going on there. super smash bros got 20 people behind that game.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD