The Official SoCal DOA Thread

Tenren

Hey guys, I'm in SD for the next month. When and where do you typically meet up to play?
only 2 of us here. Haven't had any time to get any offline going. x Sypher x is the other. Brute is up in OS hour or so north from SD

quash

It does seem like a lot of the action down here is concentrated in LA. Makes sense when you think about it, I guess.

Do you guys go to Saltmines? I was there last night to play Xrd but I would definitely be down for some DOA if someone were to bring it.

quash

I only know of the events for Guilty Gear up there. I was speaking more about fighting games in general. I'm sure if you went on SRK or wherever you could find something for DOA in LA.

Vincent Rayne

it'd be cool if there was a place closer to me (LA area) where we could play. Long Beach is a two hour drive for me because of the heavy traffic. even the CaliCrush place was a lot closer for me. so it's easier for me to get to if a venue is in the LA area.

Commmanda Panda

Wherr do people play in Long Beach? Thats like 30 min from me.

there are a couple of us that play here on saturdays.
2060 Santa Fe Avenue
Long Beach, CA 90810

we usually get there around 2:30 - 3:00 then stay most of the day.
problem is that we usually only have 1 set-up to play on at the moment unless someone else brings a console/tv

ikodomo

I'm back...
Let's watch and see how this SoCal DOA player does against the South Koreans in a DOA5U Tournament held in CONG Arcade at Seoul, South Korea. Tune in at around 11pm Friday if you are still awake (4pm KST Saturday) on http://www.twitch.tv/cong_stream and watch this button masher get wrecked on. I'll need all the support I can get from you guys! Who wants to see me get hype on stream? ^^
I'll post the tournament replay here once it has been completed.
For anyone interested in CONG and their youtube channel, here is an article about them and their youtube page.
Article: http://iplaywinner.com/news/2013/12...ng-games-centers-in-south-korea-part-2-i.html
Youtube Page: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCeJYF7YL7nrXuFlLx_2arfQ
Most Recent DOA5 Tournament:

Last edited:

ModusPwnins

See you guys at the TwinGalaxies tourney tonight. I'll be going there straight from work so I most likely won't arrive until after 7 or 8 if not later, too late for me to make it for the tourney.

Neku_Sakuraba

The DOA community I joined this website a couple days ago and I dunno how to work it. I got the app Tapatalk but it's really difficult to understand what I'm doing. My teacher told me to join this if I wanted to become better playing at DOA5U

Vincent Rayne

well, you came to the right place if you want to learn DOA5U. a lot of good players also reside in this thread alone. there are tabs up at top and the "forum" tab is where you can access pretty much anything you want to know about a character. there are several threads dealing with different scenarios for each character. these Threads are created by the players themselves so depending on how dedicated the players are or how many people play the character will make the number of threads vary.

now i don't know exactly how Tapatalk works, cause i just browse the default web layout on my phone. Also where are you in Southern California. our scene here is still very much active and we normally even get together once a week to play casuals. even if you can't drive or don't have a way of getting around people can make an effort to pick you up and offer a ride.

ModusPwnins

So, I'm willing to host casuals at my place this Friday. Problem is that I've got a charity Tag 2 tournament to enter on Saturday afternoon so....the gathering would technically be Friday only.
So we can have casuals on Friday as late as you guys want and then Saturday everyone meets up at P-lay. Or we can postpone casuals at my place til next weekend.
Whichever one works better for you guys.

Vincent Rayne

then you're in the wrong thread lol. but i see how someone can get mixed up.

i'm personally down for the Friday into Saturday casuals.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD