THE STRONGEST THREAD IN THE WORLD (The LEON Thread)

KidArk

I had only asked if he can back turn people because when tagging with Bayman I did a back turn cb combo so I was hoping he can get a guaranteed back turn cb by himself.

PJudge

Having spent most of last night in training mode with him, I can safely say I'm happy with how he is. I've probably not cracked him open nearly as much as anyone else, but what I have figured out seems to be pretty good. Although it'll probably take a while to get used to his standing headbutt being 7P and not P+K.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
For the record he can turn people around.
It's that in his case, its vertical, with them in an upside down pile. But it is a broken upside down pile that faces away!
What? Please explain the second and third sentences.

In all the data I gathered he had nothing that would back turn opponents unless it was either a bound or fall back stun which doesn't really count.

I've been using terms incorrectly up until now, the 66K on Counter or higher status I previously called bound is actually a fall back stun. 2P+K on Counter or higher is a bound if you need to see what it looks like.

Speaking of which I just realized I didn't get his BT attacks...

Brute

Standard Donor
Does he have any sit-down stuns aside from 33P, 8P and 3K (against crouching)?

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I have a better idea...
Someone check to see if this link works: https://drive.google.com/folderview?id=0B1Vp8Z0q8boJc2RzSDRIVXRmYWs&usp=sharing
All the stuff I have on Leon so far. Quick explanation:
This is not the way it will appear when I post the info in the wiki, I will be breaking down combo throws into their respective individual sections and make it so I will not be the only person who understands all that stuff.
Charged attacks will read XX-YY/Z/A. XX-YY is startup based on charge time, differences in amount of charge or lack of charge is in the Notes section of the data.
Guard break advantage from charged attacks is measure as X-Y where X is normal hit on block and Y is on charged hit.

When looking at the data you will see numbers like "14 21". Because I was using Excel it would try to tell me -7 no matter how I formatted the cells so this on hit is actually 14 frames at fastest SE and 21 frames if not SEd at all on hits or that is the delay between attacks or throws in a string.
In damage for throws you will get stuff like "30 20 28". This is the damage for each part of a combo throw. Same for delay in all categories, it is the delay between the parts of attacks and Combo Throws.
I had similar errors when trying X/Y/Z execution on throws so you will see 10 2 25 instead of 10/2/25 or 10(2)25 (using / was faster). That is the execution of the throw. If used in anything else assume that as well if it is under the Execution column.

Sometimes on Guard will read with three digits like -114 or 4 digits like -1712. This should be read as -11 4 (aka -11 to 4) or -17 12 but I had problems with Excel.

In Knockback distance you will see stuff like "1 C+" meaning they will go back this far on Counter or Higher. Same applies for wall (1 in coding means true, so it means it is possible to hit into a wall).
In tracking columns there will be a 1 or nothing, 1 means true and the attack tracks.

Terms:
Guard: Advantage on Guard.
NH: Normal Hit.
CH: Counter hit.
HCH: Hi-Counter Hit.
BH: Back Hit (opponent is turned around).
KND: Knock Down.
KNB: Knock Back measured in meters.
Reach: How far the attack reaches in meters. Sometimes reach varies depending on open/closed stance or charge and the difference is listed as "0.98 1.12".
CRM: Crumple.
LMB: Limbo Stun (I know one of the attacks acts like a Limbo Stun on BH but the affected opponent will actually fall over while standing as if they were Limbo'd without bending back or forward as if Crumpled).
SE: Slow Escape.
SDS: Sit Down Stun.
TAS: Turn Around Sit Down Stun (opponent is hit with SDS attack while back turned).
LNC: Launch.
BND: Bound. This looks similar to FBS but they do not actually move back as far.
FBS: Fall Back Stun.
Floor Splat: Is a hard knockdown and extra damage will apply from ground DZ or break through stage.
DZ: Danger Zone.

I'm going to go through again because I forgot a few things (check for ceiling hit on 4P+KP charged, throw damage on certain stages, BT attacks, etc.)

Before I forget, the V key is broken on the keyboard I use so things will spell out oddly at times.

Edit: Just found that 4P will reset a Critical Burst but the opponent will be too far out of reach for followups.

Last edited:

DontForkWitMe

Does he have any sit-down stuns aside from 33P, 8P and 3K (against crouching)?

4p+k
2p+k(NH only)

the only problem that all his standing sitdowns are mid p and thats the go-to hold every one relies on which is why i mostly use stun, 2k into 3k into 214p launch into air grab setup

Last edited:

Argentus

What? Please explain the second and third sentences.

In all the data I gathered he had nothing that would back turn opponents unless it was either a bound or fall back stun which doesn't really count.

I've been using terms incorrectly up until now, the 66K on Counter or higher status I previously called bound is actually a fall back stun. 2P+K on Counter or higher is a bound if you need to see what it looks like.

Speaking of which I just realized I didn't get his BT attacks...

I was joking that their corpse can land facing away after he's done with them.

Brute

Standard Donor
Looks good and thorough, but the resolution is a bit low and it becomes foggy trying to read it.

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
If you hit the left button on the bottom right hand button bar it should zoom to a readable level.

DontForkWitMe

Been having alot of success with his :2::H+K::K:string to open people up since its a natural combo even on NH and has to be held to stop the followup mid k. they either get hit by the low and don't react to the mid k ground splat follow up which gives guaranteed ground grabs or when they do anticipate the follow up and try holding mid K i mix it up with charged K to hit them during their hold recovery.

Last edited:

Brute

Standard Donor
I've been finding that if my opponent isn't quick on their feet I can use a Desert Falcon and quickly run up into a Dervish Throw before they rise. That combination alone is basically a match winner.

If you hit the left button on the bottom right hand button bar it should zoom to a readable level.
It just gets fuzzy as it gets bigger to me. =\

KidArk

I've been finding that if my opponent isn't quick on their feet I can use a Desert Falcon and quickly run up into a Dervish Throw before they rise. That combination alone is basically a match winner.

Yeah Rikuto did that in his first time using Leon on stream, so i thought everyone hopped on that too xD.

Argentus

Who has a tag throw with Leon? I'm on core fighters so I can't check. I know its a double neck lift with jann lee but i dunno if that's a general tag throw or Jann specific.

Also I'm enjoying this early bird treatment where people don't know how to fight leon yet. Had the same thing with Mila since people never played her, either.

Anyone else having trouble doing ground grabs sometimes? Hell do standing or air grab attwmpts when I press down grab on a prone opponent.

Brute

Standard Donor
Leon's 9K is a force tech that give him +10. I like to opt for floor throws when my opponent's not teching, but it is a use for this move so I thought I'd share for those who don't know.

By the way, what have you guys found is the best follow-up option to blockbuster environment blasts (such as the generator in Scramble, the bouncers in the Show or the barrel in Hot Zone)? So far I've just been doing 4K2T, but I feel like there are better set-ups out there.

KidArk

Leon's 9K is a force tech that give him +10. I like to opt for floor throws when my opponent's not teching, but it is a use for this move so I thought I'd share for those who don't know.

By the way, what have you guys found is the best follow-up option to blockbuster environment blasts (such as the generator in Scramble, the bouncers in the Show or the barrel in Hot Zone)? So far I've just been doing 4K2T, but I feel like there are better set-ups out there.

I think that might be the best he has, at least off generators if your opponent doesn't tech you can like..
GENERATOR ! :6::6::P::P::P: , :2::F+P: (Feet Facing You), the wall falls down on you during dervish throw, you get that weird stumble stun idk what happens next :v.

Brute

Standard Donor
I think that might be the best he has, at least off generators if your opponent doesn't tech you can like..
GENERATOR ! :6::6::P::P::P: , :2::F+P: (Feet Facing You), the wall falls down on you during dervish throw, you get that weird stumble stun idk what happens next :v.
Scramble is such a weird stage, lol

KidArk

Scramble is such a weird stage, lol

Ikr, it'd be cool to have a combo off that wall when it falls down hmm.. maybe something involving a lot of sitdown stuns and a powerblow...In other news you can get a full solid cannon off on someone on electric ropes they bounced back into a full charged CB punch , you press t then throw them, then t again and throw them right back into the ropes sexy no, or they can try to hold and you can just desert eagle them for more damage then try to throw them after.. he's silly.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD