THE STRONGEST THREAD IN THE WORLD (The LEON Thread)

Pictured Mind

So instead of commenting on stupid arguments let's talk about the badass in DOA.

Is there a good reliable way to land his rising K all the time? I'm sure it has been mentioned before but I haven't read all of these pages because I've only picked him up a while ago and haven't played much.

Pictured Mind

Eh just lightly do 3 then K...the game usually registers it...

There's no hardcore complicated way like I expected? Lol.
That's what I've been doing but it seems like it's not working online all the time. Even a little bit of lag doesn't register it. Well, with some practice I'll get that down.

KidArk

There's no hardcore complicated way like I expected? Lol.
That's what I've been doing but it seems like it's not working online all the time. Even a little bit of lag doesn't register it. Well, with some practice I'll get that down.

2H K if you want a button for it, that's about as complicated as you can get it to be.

RiBu

I mean the long answer is you have to enter the state were the game registers that you are in fact crouching, then return back to neutral. So you could be like," when is the first frame the game registers that I have gone into crouching?", then immediately go back to standing from that. I have no idea if that kind of frame breakdown exists for this game, nor do I think you would need to know really.

learned idk how to fight leon...as leon...

Last edited:

McNamara

I went to the lab with Leon, I think that after :6::6::K:, you can force tech your enemy with :1::K: with +20 of advantage. Can you confirm if it is guaranteed, please?

EDIT. Forget it, I´m wrong.

Last edited:

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
I'm gonna bet Leon's trenchcoat may be in the "Casual Wear" that he has a piece of DLC in. That would be nice.

Forlorn Penguin

Premium Donor
I'm gonna bet Leon's trenchcoat may be in the "Casual Wear" that he has a piece of DLC in. That would be nice.

It's possible, but the other outfits we've seen so far are all original designs, so he may end up getting something new like everyone else.

His racist, Guido outfits are options too, but I'm still betting on the red coat.

Nameless Sama

Hello People I need for my 400 Subcriber Special Players for my full DOA5U combo video! This combo video contains form every character. the problem is I can only use one. It would be great If I could do it with you. I need very good Leon players on PSN !. You should make some stage combos , not absoloute would be great if you could make some tag combos too but not required. If you have question then please tell me on my side or write a PN ! I am glad for every help !

Last edited:

Argentus

Duuuude. I just did Leon's Strike cliffhanger for the first time. Her straight up Air Walks on em! Awesome!

XZero264

FSD | Nichol
Premium Donor
Found something interesting while playing some casuals with Mr. Wah this weekend.

Leon's While Rising K seems to be vulnerable to standing Offensive Holds despite Leon being in a crouching state during the initial and active frames of the kick. I was grabbed during the initial frames and was thoroughly confused.

Oh, and 3P needs to be a high crush (I want his old PKK back as well but changed to PK4K).

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Hello People I need for my 400 Subcriber Special Players for my full DOA5U combo video! This combo video contains form every character. the problem is I can only use one. It would be great If I could do it with you. I need very good Leon players on PSN !. You should make some stage combos , not absoloute would be great if you could make some tag combos too but not required. If you have question then please tell me on my side or write a PN ! I am glad for every help !
Just take one off of my vid ..
plenty of stage combos there

Brute

Standard Donor
In 1.04, 3K can connect after 33P, but that one's pushback is too far and prevents any follow-ups.

KidArk

Found something interesting while playing some casuals with Mr. Wah this weekend.

Leon's While Rising K seems to be vulnerable to standing Offensive Holds despite Leon being in a crouching state during the initial and active frames of the kick. I was grabbed during the initial frames and was thoroughly confused.

Oh, and 3P needs to be a high crush (I want his old PKK back as well but changed to PK4K).

3p high crushing would really end any caring for that bass match up. The only think he has going for him is his 12 frame high crush for pressure, 33p, WR K, or just sidestepping would help in those scenarios. I just sidestep or use 3k when I think they're going to low hold and you profit.

EMPEROR_COW

Premium Donor
Brute said:
In 1.04, 3K can connect after 33P, but that one's pushback is too far and prevents any follow-ups.

Actually it does have its use after slamming someone into a breakable object up close (home stage and sakura stage). 33P> 3K>214P> air throw.

;)

KidArk

But you can also do 33p,3k, p+k for burst off furniture which I'm not sure if it does more than p+kt but I can get it consistently and at much further ranges than running in for 3k.

ALL DOA6 DOA5 DOA4 DOA3 DOA2U DOAD